|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Silver want Jim to play in XXVIII?
2. How does Jim react to Livesey’s accusation in Chapter XXX?
3. Who does Jim watch sink into the water in Chapter XXVII?
4. Who gave Silver the treasure map, according to Chapter XXVIII?
5. What does a pirate hand to Silver at the beginning of Chapter XXIX?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Livesey go walking in the woods in Chapter XXII?
2. Why is Ben sure the honest sailors are in the stockade in Chapter XIX?
3. Why is the boat hard to maneuver in Chapter XVII?
4. What happens when Jim relaxes his guard in Chapter XXVI?
5. 1Who does Jim find on the deck of the Hispaniola in Chapter XXV?
6. What does Jim discover when he reaches the stockade at the end of Chapter XXVII?
7. What does Jim go looking for in Chapter XXII?
8. How does Silver announce himself to Smollett in Chapter XX?
9. What do the pirates’ voices on the Hispaniola in Chapter XIX suggest to Jim?
10. Who wants to throw the dead pirate overboard in Chapter XXVI?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define narrator and explain the two main types of narrators. Which type of narrator is Jim in Treasure Island? Use examples from the story to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Define implication. Define inference. Compare and contrast the two terms using specific examples from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Give a brief character biography of Jim. What is his role in the story? How does he grow and change as the story progresses, if at all? How does his story end in Treasure Island? Is this fitting for his character? Why or why not?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)