|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accusation does Livesey make about Jim in Chapter XXX?
(a) That he is cowardly
(b) That he is a mutineer
(c) That he planned the mutiny for Silver
(d) That he is the leader of the mutineers
2. What type of boat does Jim find in Chapter XXII?
(a) A dinghy
(b) A clipper
(c) A coracle
(d) A pontoon
3. What does Livesey discover on the island in Chapter XVI?
(a) A cemetery
(b) The stockade
(c) The treasure
(d) A damaged ship
4. Where does Jim find himself at the beginning of Chapter XXIV?
(a) The western edge of the island
(b) The northern corner of the island
(c) The southwest end of the island
(d) The northeastern end of the island
5. Who wants a truce in Chapter XX?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears at the stockade at the end of Chapter XVIII?
2. Who objects to throwing the corpse overboard in Chapter XXVI?
3. Who is the narrator at the beginning of Chapter XVI?
4. Who does Israel say is unable to help navigate, according to Chapter XXV?
5. What does Jim throw overboard in Chapter XXV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the outcome of the fight between the honest sailors and the pirates in Chapter XXI?
2. How does Silver announce himself to Smollett in Chapter XX?
3. What happens when Jim relaxes his guard in Chapter XXVI?
4. What does Jim go looking for in Chapter XXII?
5. Why do Livesey and Hunter go ashore in Chapter XVI?
6. Why is it useless for Jim to paddle to shore at the beginning of Chapter XXIV?
7. What does Jim discover when he reaches the stockade at the end of Chapter XXVII?
8. What conclusion does Jim make about the crew of the Hispaniola when he sees it drifting in Chapter XXIV?
9. 1Who does Jim find on the deck of the Hispaniola in Chapter XXV?
10. What does Silver say Jim reminds him of in Chapter XXVIII?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)