|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims he does not fear Jim, according to Chapter XVIII?
(b) Cap'n Flint
2. Who goes walking in the trees in Chapter XXII?
3. Who wants a truce in Chapter XX?
4. What does Jim see Israel hide in his jacket in Chapter XXVI?
(b) The wallet of the dead man
(c) A pistol
(d) A knife
5. Who does Silver blame for the failure of the mission, according to Chapter XXIX?
(b) The mutineers
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was once Flint’s gunman, according to Chapter XVII?
2. Who initiates the battle in Chapter XXI?
3. Why is the boat at the beginning of Chapter XVII hard to maneuver?
4. What does Israel Hands ask Jim for in Chapter XXV?
5. Who tends to the mutineers every day, according to Chapter XXIX?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jim go looking for in Chapter XXII?
2. Why do the sailors say Tom has nothing to fear in the afterlife?
3. Who wants to throw the dead pirate overboard in Chapter XXVI?
4. What does Silver throw down at the end of Chapter XXIX?
5. What does Silver tell Jim about Dr. Livesey in Chapter XXVIII?
6. Why is Jim unable to escape the Hispaniola at the end of Chapter XXIV?
7. What does Jim discover when he reaches the stockade at the end of Chapter XXVII?
8. What conclusion does Jim make about the crew of the Hispaniola when he sees it drifting in Chapter XXIV?
9. What is the black spot Silver receives in Chapter XXIX, and what is it made from?
10. 1Who does Jim find on the deck of the Hispaniola in Chapter XXV?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)