|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who strikes a deal with Jim in Chapter XXV?
(b) Israel Hands
(c) Ben Gunn
(d) Abraham Gray
2. Who goes walking in the trees in Chapter XXII?
3. Where did the item handed to Silver at the beginning of Chapter XXIX come from?
(a) The stockade
(b) The Bible
(c) Flint's treasure chest
(d) The Hispaniola
4. Who was once Flint’s gunman, according to Chapter XVII?
5. What is Silver’s punishment, according to Chapter XXIX?
(b) He is not given a punishment
(d) Being deposed from his position
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator at the beginning of Chapter XVI?
2. Who does Silver blame for the failure of the mission, according to Chapter XXIX?
3. Who does Livesey speak to in Chapter XXII?
4. Who objects to throwing the corpse overboard in Chapter XXVI?
5. What does Jim throw overboard in Chapter XXV?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the boat hard to maneuver in Chapter XVII?
2. Why do the sailors say Tom has nothing to fear in the afterlife?
3. Why is it useless for Jim to paddle to shore at the beginning of Chapter XXIV?
4. What do the pirates’ voices on the Hispaniola in Chapter XIX suggest to Jim?
5. What is the outcome of the fight between the honest sailors and the pirates in Chapter XXI?
6. Why does Silver allow Livesey and Jim to speak privately in Chapter XXX?
7. What deal does Israel make with Jim in Chapter XXV?
8. What is the black spot Silver receives in Chapter XXIX, and what is it made from?
9. What does Silver say Jim reminds him of in Chapter XXVIII?
10. Why is Jim unable to escape the Hispaniola at the end of Chapter XXIV?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)