|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose scream does Jim hear in Chapter XXII?
(b) Cap'n Flint's
2. What plan does Jim hatch in Chapter XXIV?
(a) To kill Silver
(b) To return home unharmed
(c) To overtake and board the Hispaniola
(d) To find the treasure for himself
3. How many pirates are still alive at the beginning of Chapter XVIII?
(d) Less than twenty
4. Who is the narrator at the beginning of Chapter XVI?
5. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter XXIV?
(a) A brawl
(b) The coracle being destroyed by the Hispaniola
(c) Drunken singing
(d) Cannon fire
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the boat at the beginning of Chapter XVII hard to maneuver?
2. Who does Israel say is unable to help navigate, according to Chapter XXV?
3. When does Chapter XXX begin in relation to Chapter XXIX?
4. Who objects to throwing the corpse overboard in Chapter XXVI?
5. How many watchmen does Jim find on the Hispaniola in Chapter XXV?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who wants to throw the dead pirate overboard in Chapter XXVI?
2. What is the black spot Silver receives in Chapter XXIX, and what is it made from?
3. 1Who does Jim find on the deck of the Hispaniola in Chapter XXV?
4. Why is Jim unable to escape the Hispaniola at the end of Chapter XXIV?
5. Why is the boat hard to maneuver in Chapter XVII?
6. What deal does Israel make with Jim in Chapter XXV?
7. What does Silver say Jim reminds him of in Chapter XXVIII?
8. Why do Livesey and Hunter go ashore in Chapter XVI?
9. What is the outcome of the fight between the honest sailors and the pirates in Chapter XXI?
10. Where do Jim and Israel sail the ship at the beginning of Chapter XXVI?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)