|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship obtained for the journey to Treasure Island?
(a) The Hispaniola
(b) The Endeavour
(c) The Pequod
(d) The Galactica
2. Who has a bad feeling about the voyage, according to Chapter IX?
(b) Mr. Arrow
3. Who kills Tom in Chapter XIV?
(a) One of the mutinous sailors
4. Who does Jim want to discuss the papers with, according to Chapter V?
(a) His mother
5. Where does Chapter VI take place?
(a) The local police station
(b) The inn
(c) Livesey’s home
(d) Trelawney’s home
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ben hide what he made, according to Chapter XV?
2. What does the blind man tell the others will cause them to be rich?
3. Why is the crew irritable at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
4. Where do Jim and his mother hide at the end of Chapter IV?
5. What weapon does Jim have when he returns to the inn in Chapter IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Silver feel about Black Dog and Pew?
2. According to Chapter I, how does the story of Treasure Island come to be written?
3. How does Jim find out a ship and crew has been obtained at the beginning of Chapter VII?
4. What do Jim and his mother find in Billy’s sea chest in Chapter IV?
5. What happens when Jim sneaks aboard a boat going ashore in Chapter XIII?
6. What happens to Jim’s mother when they leave the inn during Chapter IV?
7. What deal do Ben and Jim make in Chapter XV?
8. How does Silver refer to pirates in Chapter XI?
9. Why is Jim offended when Billy asks for rum in Chapter III?
10. What does Livesey warn Billy against at the end of Chapter II? Why?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)