|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Jim have when he returns to the inn in Chapter IV?
(a) A hatchet
(b) A dagger
(c) A gun
(d) A sword
2. Who does Jim see leave the tavern when he meets up with the ship’s cook?
(a) Black Dog
(c) Billy Bones
(d) Long John Silver
3. Who subdues the old sailor at the end of Chapter I?
(d) A prostitute
4. What will Jim’s role be on the journey to the island?
(a) Cabin boy
(d) Second Mate
5. Who accompanies Jim from his hometown to where Trelawney and Livesey are in Chapter VII?
(b) His mother
(d) No one, as he goes alone
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the old sailor threaten at the end of Chapter I?
2. What plot does Jim learn about in Chapter XI?
3. What does Jim do when he sees something in the woods at the beginning of Chapter XV?
4. How is the old sailor recognizable, according to the tall pale man in Chapter II?
5. Where do Jim and his mother hide at the end of Chapter IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Billy’s former crewmates want from him?
2. What does Dr. Livesey think might happen if the men go ashore in Chapter XIII?
3. What does Jim do after the exchange between Silver and Tom in Chapter XIV?
4. Why is the crew irritable when they approach the island in Chapter XIII?
5. How did Ben come to be on the island, according to Chapter XV?
6. What does Jim learn about the crew in Chapter XI?
7. How does Silver feel about Black Dog and Pew?
8. What do Jim and his mother find in Billy’s sea chest in Chapter IV?
9. What plan do Livesey and Trelawney make at the end of Chapter VI?
10. How can Smollett be described?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)