|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of Treasure Island?
(a) Dr. Livesey
(c) The narrator is not named
(d) Squire Trelawney
2. What does Jim do when he sees something in the woods at the beginning of Chapter XV?
(a) He moves the treasure
(b) He boards the second ship
(c) He flees back to the Hispaniola
(d) He walks toward the man
3. Who accompanies Jim from his hometown to where Trelawney and Livesey are in Chapter VII?
(c) No one, as he goes alone
(d) His mother
4. Who replaces the sailor who disappears mysteriously in Chapter X?
(d) Mr. Arrow
5. How long has a man been stranded on the island?
(a) Since childhood
(b) Ten years
(c) More than six months
(d) Three years
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ben hide what he made, according to Chapter XV?
2. Who knows the island well, according to Chapter XII?
3. Who is Cap’n Flint?
4. Who catches sight of Jim at the end of Chapter XIII?
5. What does Jim learn about the man stranded on the island in Chapter XV?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Silver refer to pirates in Chapter XI?
2. What does Jim learn about the crew in Chapter XI?
3. What does Jim do after the exchange between Silver and Tom in Chapter XIV?
4. According to Chapter I, how does the story of Treasure Island come to be written?
5. What deal do Ben and Jim make in Chapter XV?
6. What does Livesey warn Billy against at the end of Chapter II? Why?
7. Why is Jim offended when Billy asks for rum in Chapter III?
8. How can Smollett be described?
9. What does Dr. Livesey think might happen if the men go ashore in Chapter XIII?
10. How does Silver feel about Black Dog and Pew?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)