|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the men to flee in Chapter V?
(a) A pistol shot
(b) Jim returns to the inn
(c) Pew gets killed
(d) The authorities approach
2. What does the narrator omit about the island as he begins his story?
(a) Its exact location
(b) Its true name
(c) How he found out about the treasure
(d) The exact amount of the treasure buried there
3. Who subdues the old sailor at the end of Chapter I?
(c) A prostitute
4. What happens to Billy at the end of Chapter II?
(a) He is stabbed
(b) He has a stroke
(c) He contracts tuberculosis
(d) He has a heart attack
5. What does the blind man give Billy in Chapter III?
(a) A black spot
(b) A deadline
(c) A map
(d) A note
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship obtained for the journey to Treasure Island?
2. What will Jim’s role be on the journey to the island?
3. Where was the ship obtained for the journey to Treasure Island?
4. What happened to the men who helped Flint bury his treasure, according to Chapter XV?
5. Who does Jim see Silver speaking to on the island in Chapter XIV?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jim find out a ship and crew has been obtained at the beginning of Chapter VII?
2. What surprises the men in Chapter V when they go into the inn?
3. What does Jim learn about the crew in Chapter XI?
4. Why is Billy unable to kill Black Dog in Chapter II?
5. How does Silver refer to pirates in Chapter XI?
6. How can Smollett be described?
7. What do Jim and his mother find in Billy’s sea chest in Chapter IV?
8. What does Dr. Livesey think might happen if the men go ashore in Chapter XIII?
9. What does Livesey warn Billy against at the end of Chapter II? Why?
10. What do Livesey and Trelawney reveal about the oilskin-wrapped papers from the sea chest?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)