|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose scream does Jim hear in Chapter XXII?
(a) Cap'n Flint's
2. Where does Jim realize he has drifted in Chapter XXIII?
(a) Near the pirates’ campfire on shore
(b) To an eerie cave
(c) Out to sea
(d) To the other side of the island
3. Who asks to speak to Jim alone in Chapter XXX?
4. Who does Jim see on deck of the Hispaniola at the beginning of Chapter XV?
(d) No one
5. What does Jim dream about at the end of Chapter XXIII?
6. How does Jim get ashore in Chapter XXVII?
(a) He docks the ship
(b) He doesn't
(c) He swims
(d) He takes the coracle
7. What accusation does Livesey make about Jim in Chapter XXX?
(a) That he is cowardly
(b) That he is a mutineer
(c) That he planned the mutiny for Silver
(d) That he is the leader of the mutineers
8. What plan does Jim hatch in Chapter XXIV?
(a) To overtake and board the Hispaniola
(b) To find the treasure for himself
(c) To kill Silver
(d) To return home unharmed
9. Who goes ashore with Hunter in Chapter XVI?
10. Who was once Flint’s gunman, according to Chapter XVII?
11. What is Silver’s punishment, according to Chapter XXIX?
(a) He is not given a punishment
(d) Being deposed from his position
12. What risk is associated with Jim’s plan in Chapter XXIV?
(a) Losing his way
(b) Being spotted
(c) Becoming dehydrated
(d) Colliding with the Hispaniola
13. Where are the honest sailors trapped in Chapter XVIII?
(a) The stockade
(b) In the trees
(c) On the boat
(d) On the shore
14. Who asks for Tom’s forgiveness in Chapter XVIII?
15. Who gave Silver the treasure map, according to Chapter XXVIII?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim head toward on the island in Chapter XXVII?
2. How is Tom fatally wounded in Chapter XVIII?
3. What weapon does Jim use to defend himself against Israel in Chapter XXVI?
4. Why does Jim refuse to run from the pirates in Chapter XXX?
5. What does Livesey discover on the island in Chapter XVI?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)