|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose voice reveals that the stockade is controlled by the pirates at the end of Chapter XXVII?
(c) Cap'n Flint's
2. What does a pirate hand to Silver at the beginning of Chapter XXIX?
(a) The treasure map
(b) A black spot
(c) A captain's hat
(d) A pistol
3. What accusation does Livesey make about Jim in Chapter XXX?
(a) That he is cowardly
(b) That he planned the mutiny for Silver
(c) That he is a mutineer
(d) That he is the leader of the mutineers
4. Why is the boat at the beginning of Chapter XVII hard to maneuver?
(a) There is no wind for the sail
(b) There are only two oars
(c) It has no rudder
(d) It is overloaded
5. Where does Jim head in Chapter XXIV?
(a) The southern shore
(b) Back to the Hispaniola
(c) The northern shore
(d) The shoals
6. Who does Jim watch sink into the water in Chapter XXVII?
(b) An unnamed pirate
(d) The dead watchman
7. How does Jim react to Livesey’s accusation in Chapter XXX?
(a) He does not react
(b) He stabs Livesey
(c) He laughs
(d) He cries
8. What does Jim head toward on the island in Chapter XXVII?
(a) The stockade
(b) The treasure
(c) Ben's shelter
(d) The pirate camp
9. What type of boat does Jim find in Chapter XXII?
(a) A coracle
(b) A dinghy
(c) A clipper
(d) A pontoon
10. Who goes walking in the trees in Chapter XXII?
11. What does Silver want from Smollett in Chapter XX?
(a) A pardon for mutiny
(b) The Hispaniola
(c) The map
12. What does Jim throw overboard in Chapter XXV?
(a) Israel Hands
(b) The Jolly Roger
(c) His journal
(d) The brandy
13. What does Silver throw down as a gesture in Chapter XXIX?
(a) His spyglass
(b) The treasure map
(c) His jacket
(d) His black spot
14. What risk is associated with Jim’s plan in Chapter XXIV?
(a) Being spotted
(b) Colliding with the Hispaniola
(c) Becoming dehydrated
(d) Losing his way
15. Who asks for Tom’s forgiveness in Chapter XVIII?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a hawser?
2. Who objects to throwing the corpse overboard in Chapter XXVI?
3. Who created the item Livesey discovers in Chapter XVI?
4. What does Jim decide to search for in Chapter XXII?
5. What weapon does Jim use to defend himself against Israel in Chapter XXVI?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)