|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book of the Bible does Jim read from at the end of Chapter XXIX?
2. What risk is associated with Jim’s plan in Chapter XXIV?
(a) Colliding with the Hispaniola
(b) Losing his way
(c) Becoming dehydrated
(d) Being spotted
3. Who asks to speak to Jim alone in Chapter XXX?
4. Who wants a truce in Chapter XX?
5. Who objects to throwing the corpse overboard in Chapter XXVI?
(c) Israel Hands
6. Where does Jim find himself at the beginning of Chapter XXIV?
(a) The southwest end of the island
(b) The northern corner of the island
(c) The western edge of the island
(d) The northeastern end of the island
7. What does Jim see Israel hide in his jacket in Chapter XXVI?
(b) A pistol
(c) A knife
(d) The wallet of the dead man
8. How does Jim get ashore in Chapter XXVII?
(a) He docks the ship
(b) He doesn't
(c) He takes the coracle
(d) He swims
9. Where does Jim realize he has drifted in Chapter XXIII?
(a) To the other side of the island
(b) Near the pirates’ campfire on shore
(c) Out to sea
(d) To an eerie cave
10. What does Jim decide to search for in Chapter XXII?
(a) The treasure
(b) An escape route
(d) Ben's boat
11. How much more food than needed is prepared at the beginning of Chapter XXXI?
(a) None; there is not enough food for everyone
(b) Three times what is needed
(c) At least five times what is needed
(d) Twice what is needed
12. How do the men get ashore at the end of Chapter XVII?
(a) They wade
(b) They don’t; they return to the Hispaniola
(c) In a different boat
(d) In the boat
13. Who goes ashore with Hunter in Chapter XVI?
14. What is Silver’s punishment, according to Chapter XXIX?
(a) He is not given a punishment
(d) Being deposed from his position
15. Who has a meeting in Chapter XXVIII about a second mutiny?
(b) The honest sailors
(d) The mutineers
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Jim take the boat at the end of Chapter XXII?
2. What does Silver throw down as a gesture in Chapter XXIX?
3. Who is angry with Jim, according to Silver in Chapter XVIII?
4. Whose scream does Jim hear in Chapter XXII?
5. Who does Silver blame for the failure of the mission, according to Chapter XXIX?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)