|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jim see on deck of the Hispaniola at the beginning of Chapter XV?
(b) No one
2. Who goes ashore with Hunter in Chapter XVI?
3. What does Jim want Israel Hands to consider him, according to Chapter XXV?
(a) An enemy
(b) A brother
(c) A friend
4. What accusation does Livesey make about Jim in Chapter XXX?
(a) That he is the leader of the mutineers
(b) That he is cowardly
(c) That he planned the mutiny for Silver
(d) That he is a mutineer
5. Whose scream does Jim hear in Chapter XXII?
(d) Cap'n Flint's
6. What shows Jim where the stockade is in Chapter XXVII?
(a) The flag flying over the stockade
(b) Movement in the trees
(d) He runs into it accidentally
7. What type of boat does Jim find in Chapter XXII?
(a) A pontoon
(b) A dinghy
(c) A coracle
(d) A clipper
8. Who was once Flint’s gunman, according to Chapter XVII?
9. Who is the narrator at the beginning of Chapter XIX?
(a) The Jolly Roger
(b) The Union Jack
(c) The British flag
(d) A white flag of truce
10. Where are the honest sailors trapped in Chapter XVIII?
(a) The stockade
(b) On the boat
(c) In the trees
(d) On the shore
11. What does Jim head toward on the island in Chapter XXVII?
(a) The treasure
(b) The pirate camp
(c) The stockade
(d) Ben's shelter
12. What does Jim hear at the end of Chapter XXIV?
(a) Cannon fire
(b) Drunken singing
(c) A brawl
(d) The coracle being destroyed by the Hispaniola
13. What does Jim realize about the sound he hears at the end of Chapter XXIV?
(a) The honest sailors and pirates are fighting again
(b) He is in danger
(c) It means he has no escape from the Hispaniola
(d) He can remove the pirates from the ship
14. How much more food than needed is prepared at the beginning of Chapter XXXI?
(a) Three times what is needed
(b) None; there is not enough food for everyone
(c) Twice what is needed
(d) At least five times what is needed
15. Where does Jim realize he has drifted in Chapter XXIII?
(a) To an eerie cave
(b) Out to sea
(c) Near the pirates’ campfire on shore
(d) To the other side of the island
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jim react to Livesey’s accusation in Chapter XXX?
2. Who strikes a deal with Jim in Chapter XXV?
3. Why do none of the pirates notice the change in the ship in Chapter XXIII?
4. What does Livesey discover on the island in Chapter XVI?
5. Where is the focus of cannon fire from the pirates in Chapter XVIII?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)