|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was once Flint’s gunman, according to Chapter XVII?
2. Who objects to throwing the corpse overboard in Chapter XXVI?
(a) Israel Hands
3. What role does Silver want Jim to play in XXVIII?
(a) Silver's assistant
(b) Leader of the mutineers
(c) A hostage
(d) A mutineer
4. What drink does Israel ask Jim for in Chapter XXVI?
5. What weapon does Jim use to defend himself against Israel in Chapter XXVI?
(a) A broken bottle
(b) A piece of splintered wood
(c) A knife
(d) A pistol
6. Who created the item Livesey discovers in Chapter XVI?
(a) Flint’s men
(b) The mutineers
(c) Ben Gunn
(d) Flint himself
7. Where does Jim find himself at the beginning of Chapter XXIV?
(a) The western edge of the island
(b) The northeastern end of the island
(c) The northern corner of the island
(d) The southwest end of the island
8. Where does Jim steer the Hispaniola in Chapter XXV?
(a) The southern end
(b) The cave
(c) The north inlet
(d) Out to sea
9. Who initiates the battle in Chapter XXI?
10. Who does Israel say is unable to help navigate, according to Chapter XXV?
(a) The dead pirate who was a watchman
(c) Any of the other pirates
11. Who asks to speak to Jim alone in Chapter XXX?
12. Who has a meeting in Chapter XXVIII about a second mutiny?
(a) The honest sailors
(d) The mutineers
13. How many watchmen does Jim find on the Hispaniola in Chapter XXV?
14. Why is the boat at the beginning of Chapter XVII hard to maneuver?
(a) There is no wind for the sail
(b) There are only two oars
(c) It is overloaded
(d) It has no rudder
15. Who is angry with Jim, according to Silver in Chapter XVIII?
(b) The entire crew of the Hispaniola
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jim watch sink into the water in Chapter XXVII?
2. Who does Jim remind Silver of, according to Chapter XVIII?
3. Where are the honest sailors trapped in Chapter XVIII?
4. Who claims he does not fear Jim, according to Chapter XVIII?
5. What book of the Bible does Jim read from at the end of Chapter XXIX?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)