|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the ship obtained for the journey to Treasure Island?
2. Who leads the sailors ashore in Chapter XIII?
3. What does the old sailor use at the end of Chapter I to threaten someone?
(a) A gun
(b) His fists
(c) A sword
(d) A knife
4. What does Jim take from Billy’s sea chest?
(a) The wooden box
(b) A photograph
(c) Money that was owed in rent
(d) Papers wrapped in oilcloth
5. Who stows away to go ashore with the sailors in Chapter XIII?
6. Who disappears mysteriously one night early in the voyage, according to Chapter X?
(a) Mr. Smollett
(b) Mr. Arrow
7. What does Jim learn about the man stranded on the island in Chapter XV?
(a) He is Captain Flint
(b) He is a former crewmate under Flint
(c) He has been on the island since childhood
(d) He is Silver’s brother
8. Who has a bad feeling about the voyage, according to Chapter IX?
(a) Mr. Arrow
9. What is the name of the ship obtained for the journey to Treasure Island?
(a) The Pequod
(b) The Galactica
(c) The Hispaniola
(d) The Endeavour
10. What food was Jim hungry for at the end of Chapter X?
11. What is the name of the old sailor, as revealed in Chapter II?
(a) Billy Bones
(b) Jack Sparrow
12. What is the name of the tall pale man in Chapter II?
(b) Black Dog
(d) Billy Bones
13. How is Pew killed?
(a) A pistol shot
(b) He is hanged
(c) He is stabbed
(d) He is trampled
14. What did Ben make on the island?
(a) A raft
(b) A boat
(c) A stockade
(d) A house in the trees
15. Who does Jim see leave the tavern when he meets up with the ship’s cook?
(a) Long John Silver
(b) Billy Bones
(c) Black Dog
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Jim have when he returns to the inn in Chapter IV?
2. What does Jim see in the woods at the beginning of Chapter XV?
3. Who catches sight of Jim at the end of Chapter XIII?
4. How much time does Billy say he has at the end of Chapter III?
5. Who does Jim want to discuss the papers with, according to Chapter V?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)