|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing from Smollett’s map of the island?
(a) Identifying landmarks
(b) Nothing; it is an exact copy
(c) A name of the island
(d) The “X” marking the treasure’s location
2. What did Ben make on the island?
(a) A stockade
(b) A house in the trees
(c) A boat
(d) A raft
3. What food was Jim hungry for at the end of Chapter X?
4. What will Jim’s role be on the journey to the island?
(a) Second Mate
(d) Cabin boy
5. Who or what is Admiral Benbow?
(a) An inn owned by Jim’s father
(b) The pirate who gives Jim the treasure map
(c) A restaurant owned by Squire Trelawney
(d) The captain of the ship that takes the narrator to the island
6. Who does Trelawney compare Flint to in Chapter VI?
7. Who does Jim see Silver speaking to on the island in Chapter XIV?
(d) A man Jim has never seen before
8. Who is Cap’n Flint?
(a) The nickname of the ship
(b) The ship's captain
(c) Silver's parrot
(d) Mr. Arrow's cat
9. How is Tom killed in Chapter XIV?
(a) With a pistol
(b) With a shotgun
(c) With a knife
(d) With a sword
10. Who is the author of Treasure Island?
(a) Robert Louis Stevenson
(b) Walt Whitman
(c) Oscar Wilde
(d) Jules Verne
11. Who sent a letter to Livesey to let him know the ship and crew were obtained, according to Chapter VII?
(b) The ship's captain
(c) A courier
12. Where does Chapter VI take place?
(a) Livesey’s home
(b) The local police station
(c) The inn
(d) Trelawney’s home
13. Where does Jim go to get help for Billy in Chapter IV?
(a) Dr. Livesey’s home
(b) The local restaurant
(c) A neighboring village
(d) The hospital
14. What does Flint’s log track, according to Chapter VI?
(a) The places he acquired loot
(b) His crew
(c) Bets he placed on fights
(d) Money his sailors borrowed from him
15. Who accompanies Jim from his hometown to where Trelawney and Livesey are in Chapter VII?
(b) No one, as he goes alone
(d) His mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the officer in Chapter V that speaks with Jim?
2. How long has a man been stranded on the island?
3. Who cautions the old sailor in Chapter I?
4. What is the old sailor warned about in Chapter I?
5. What happens to Billy at the end of Chapter II?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)