|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chapter VI take place?
(a) The inn
(b) Livesey’s home
(c) Trelawney’s home
(d) The local police station
2. Where was the ship obtained for the journey to Treasure Island?
3. What does Jim do when he sees something in the woods at the beginning of Chapter XV?
(a) He moves the treasure
(b) He flees back to the Hispaniola
(c) He walks toward the man
(d) He boards the second ship
4. What is the name of the blind man, as revealed in Chapter V?
(b) Billy Bones
(d) Black Dog
5. In what month does Chapter II open?
6. What will Jim’s role be on the journey to the island?
(b) Cabin boy
(d) Second Mate
7. Where do Jim and his mother hide at the end of Chapter IV?
(a) Under a bridge
(b) In a stable
(c) In the attic of the inn
(d) In an alley
8. Who does Jim see Silver speaking to on the island in Chapter XIV?
(c) A man Jim has never seen before
9. Who has a bad feeling about the voyage, according to Chapter IX?
(d) Mr. Arrow
10. What did Ben make on the island?
(a) A stockade
(b) A house in the trees
(c) A boat
(d) A raft
11. What does the blind man give Billy in Chapter III?
(a) A deadline
(b) A black spot
(c) A note
(d) A map
12. What role does Smollett have on the ship?
(b) First Mate
13. Who does Jim want to discuss the papers with, according to Chapter V?
(b) His mother
14. How many men does Jim see run into the inn at the beginning of Chapter V?
(a) A dozen or so
(b) Seven or eight
(d) A handful
15. What happens to Billy at the end of Chapter II?
(a) He contracts tuberculosis
(b) He has a stroke
(c) He has a heart attack
(d) He is stabbed
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cautions the old sailor in Chapter I?
2. Who advises Smollett of where to anchor the ship at the island?
3. Who subdues the old sailor at the end of Chapter I?
4. What role does Mr. Arrow have on the ship?
5. Why is the crew irritable at the beginning of Chapter XIII?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)