|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the sailors ashore in Chapter XIII?
2. What did Ben make on the island?
(a) A raft
(b) A boat
(c) A stockade
(d) A house in the trees
3. What does the old sailor use at the end of Chapter I to threaten someone?
(a) A gun
(b) His fists
(c) A knife
(d) A sword
4. What does Jim see in the distance at the end of Chapter XV?
(a) A second ship
(b) The Union Jack
(d) A cavern
5. Who is pleased about the ship’s new cook, according to the end of Chapter VIII?
(a) The ship's captain
(b) The cook himself
6. Who helps Jim seek help for Billy at the beginning of Chapter IV?
(c) The blind man
(d) Jim’s mother
7. What food was Jim hungry for at the end of Chapter X?
8. Who disappears mysteriously one night early in the voyage, according to Chapter X?
(a) Mr. Smollett
(c) Mr. Arrow
9. How many men helped Flint bury his treasure on the island, according to Chapter XV?
10. What is the old sailor warned about in Chapter I?
11. Who accompanies Jim from his hometown to where Trelawney and Livesey are in Chapter VII?
(c) No one, as he goes alone
(d) His mother
12. How is the old sailor recognizable, according to the tall pale man in Chapter II?
(a) A missing leg
(b) A scar on one cheek
(c) A hook in place of one hand
(d) A missing ear
13. What is missing from Smollett’s map of the island?
(a) The “X” marking the treasure’s location
(b) Nothing; it is an exact copy
(c) Identifying landmarks
(d) A name of the island
14. What happens to Billy at the end of Chapter II?
(a) He has a stroke
(b) He is stabbed
(c) He has a heart attack
(d) He contracts tuberculosis
15. What is the name of the tall pale man in Chapter II?
(c) Black Dog
(d) Billy Bones
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Jim have when he returns to the inn in Chapter IV?
2. What is the name of the officer in Chapter V that speaks with Jim?
3. Where do Jim and his mother hide at the end of Chapter IV?
4. How is Pew killed?
5. What plot does Jim learn about in Chapter XI?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)