|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXII-XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of Treasure Island?
(a) Dr. Livesey
(b) Squire Trelawney
(d) The narrator is not named
2. What will Jim’s role be on the journey to the island?
(c) Cabin boy
(d) Second Mate
3. What is the name of the tavern Jim goes to in Chapter VIII?
(a) The Leaky Cauldron
(b) The Gray Pony
(c) The Dog and Pony
(d) The Spy-Glass
4. What causes the men’s boat to founder in Chapter XVII?
(a) A collision with another boat
(b) The surf
(c) A cannonball
(d) A rock
5. Where is the focus of cannon fire from the pirates in Chapter XVIII?
(a) The hull of the boat
(b) The Union Jack
(c) The stockade door
Short Answer Questions
1. What is hidden at the bottom of Billy’s sea chest?
2. Who does the old sailor threaten at the end of Chapter I?
3. Who does Jim see leave the tavern when he meets up with the ship’s cook?
4. What does Jim learn about the man stranded on the island in Chapter XV?
5. How is Tom fatally wounded in Chapter XVIII?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)