● In Chapter I, Jim decides to record his story about Treasure Island at the urging of his friends. He does not give the island’s exact location since part of the treasure is still buried there.
● Jim’s account begins with his first meeting with an old sailor who shows up at his father’s inn. The sailor hires Jim to be on the lookout for a one-legged sailor he fears.
● Livesey warns the sailor against his drinking, but this enrages him and he threatens Livesey with a knife. Livesey subdues him.
● Chapter II opens on a cold January morning soon after, when a man missing two fingers enters the inn and asks Jim if he’s seen Billy Bones. Jim knows he is referring to the sailor staying at the inn and says he will return soon.
● Billy returns and recognizes his former shipmate, who...
This section contains 2,911 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)