|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Aubrey and his men see as they exit the desert?
(a) A huge fire near Niro.
(b) A lake of fresh water.
(c) A view of the Suez.
(d) A large French force waiting for them.
2. What has to be rationed?
(b) Citrus to keep from scurvy.
3. Why are the crew's spirits low?
(a) They are ordered to surrender the Niobe.
(b) Because of losing the treasure.
(c) They are ordered to England.
(d) They are ordered back to Mubara.
4. What does Aubrey encourage Honey and Maitland to do?
(a) Take their lieutenant's exam as soon as they return to Malta.
(b) Accompany Maturin on his specimen-gathering expedition.
(c) Find a new career.
(d) Move to the United States.
5. How is visibility in the squalls?
(b) They cannot see more than a foot in front of the prow.
(c) That is one thing that is excellent.
(d) It is amazingly only slightly affected.
6. Where is Lesueur when Maturin is sitting in the dark?
(a) Sailing back to Brest.
(b) Sneaking on board the Surprise.
(c) Coming into Mrs. Fielding's home.
(d) Entering the deserted warehouse.
7. When does Aubrey set a course for with the Surprise?
(b) The area near Normandy.
(c) Snata Maura.
(d) The area near Brest.
8. What does the Admiral give Aubrey after returning from the failed attempt?
(a) A desk job.
(b) An offer of retirement.
(c) A new assignment.
(d) A reprimand.
9. What are the average daily temperatures while at sea?
10. Why are the two ships traveling together?
(a) Safety from pirates.
(c) Aubrey is training the other captain.
(d) They are not traveling together.
11. What does Maturin suspect about Mr. Fielding?
(a) That he was never captured.
(b) That he is the traitor.
(c) That he is dead and his letters are forged.
(d) That he has already escaped prison.
12. What is aboard the Surprise specifically for Maturin?
(a) A cabin specially equipped for his scientific pursuits.
(b) A barrel of pickling solution.
(c) The new diving bell Aubrey gives him.
(d) A deep freeze container for his specimens.
13. To whom does Aubrey report upon his return to Malta?
(a) The Commander-in-Chief.
(b) Admiral Leighton.
(c) The aide de camp to the Commander-in-Chief.
(d) Admiral Hartley.
14. Why does Maturin meet Mr. Fielding?
(a) He wants to challenge Maturin to a duel.
(b) He does not meet Maturin.
(c) He is injured.
(d) He is interested to know about his wife.
15. What follows after the squalls?
(a) A horrendous cyclone.
(b) A tsunami.
(c) Three days of relative calm.
(d) Good breezes though with heavy fog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey know decreases the longer they are at sea?
2. About what is the Admiral disappointed?
3. With whom does the Surprise sail parallel?
4. Upon what criteria are promotions based?
5. Who greets Aubrey and his crew favorably?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)