|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what do many of the men who arrive at the ship yard suffer?
(a) Post battle stress.
(c) Vitamin deficiency.
(d) Excessive alcohol consumptioin.
2. What subject does Mrs. Fielding tutor?
3. Why does Aubrey not hold Maturin's closeness to Mrs. Fielding against Maturin?
(a) Because Maturin has learned Mr. Fielding is dead and Maturin wants to marry Mrs. Fielding.
(b) Because Aubrey knows Maturin and Mrs. Fielding are not having an affair.
(c) Because of Aubrey and Maturin's friendship.
(d) Because Aubrey knows Maturin has been lonely and depressed.
4. How does Aubrey feel about the fate of the Worcester?
5. Where does the admiral live?
(a) At the end of a long, dry, dirt road.
(b) On board his private vessel.
(c) In an apartment overlooking the bay.
(d) In a large country estate.
6. Who has just been promoted to junior commander of his own ship?
(c) Mr. Pullings.
7. What is Mrs. Fielding's first name?
8. What is happening to many of Aubrey's best men?
(a) They are getting into brawls in the taverns and being badly injured.
(b) They are leaving naval service.
(c) They are being promoted to other positions.
(d) They are being hired by other Captains.
9. Where does Aubrey find Maturin enjoying a performance?
(a) The practise ring.
(b) The Duke's training grounds.
(c) St. Simon's Church.
(d) The outdoor amphitheater.
10. What has Maturin recently purchased?
(a) A new outfit.
(b) A new ship.
(c) A diving bell.
(d) A cottage in Malta.
11. What does Wray receive from Lesueur?
(a) False intelligence.
(b) A dossier.
(d) A sword.
12. What secret occupation does Graham have in common with Maturin?
(d) Working as an intelligence agent.
13. How does one gain rank in the British navy?
(a) Through family connections.
(b) Through successful battles and conquests.
(c) Through political ties.
(d) By putting in the time required for each rank level.
14. What do most of the British officers then begin to assume?
(a) That they are correct about Aubrey is having an affair with Mrs. Fielding.
(b) That they are correct about Maturin is having an affair with Mrs. Fielding.
(c) That Aubrey will rescue Ponto from his unhappy circumstances.
(d) That Maturin will rescue Mr. Fielding.
15. When does the Dromedary arrive at its destination?
(a) They never make it to their intended destination.
(b) Right on time.
(c) Several days late.
(d) Earlier than expected.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening to the Worcester?
2. What is the Dromedary?
3. Where are a group of British Navy officers gathered at the opening of Treason's Harbor?
4. For what is Aubrey grateful?
5. Why does Aubrey request camels immediately?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)