|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of Aubrey's crew mistake animals for?
(a) Muslims from Mubara.
(c) Evil spirits.
(d) French foreign legion soldiers.
2. When will Aubrey be able to gather transportation and supplies?
(a) The next day.
(b) He is unsure.
(c) After Ramadan.
(d) In three weeks.
3. What news from the Admiral heartens Aubrey?
(a) His father has recovered from a serious illness.
(b) He is being promoted.
(c) His wife has delivered twins.
(d) The Surprise will soon be ready.
4. What will be waiting for Aubrey and his crew when they suceed in crossing?
(c) A boat.
5. What does Wray receive from Lesueur?
(a) A dossier.
(c) A sword.
(d) False intelligence.
6. What does Aubrey send his wife?
(a) A large sum of money.
(b) A writ of divorcement.
(c) A letter asking her to come stay with him in Malta.
(d) A drawing of him by a local artist.
7. How does one gain rank in the British navy?
(a) Through family connections.
(b) By putting in the time required for each rank level.
(c) Through political ties.
(d) Through successful battles and conquests.
8. How soon will Aubrey leave Malta?
(b) A year.
(c) Within 3 weeks.
(d) As soon as the Surprise is done.
9. Why does Aubrey's mood improve?
(a) The Admiralty Court had ruled in favor of his previous conquest.
(b) Ponto acts goofy.
(c) Maturin puts out some of his own money to speed repairs to the ships.
(d) Mrs. Fielding shows interest in him.
10. What kind of meeting does Maturin have that morning?
(c) Medical lecture.
(d) Pathology lecture.
11. Where are a group of British Navy officers gathered at the opening of Treason's Harbor?
12. What happens to Ponto one night?
(a) He falls down a well.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He gets drunk.
(d) He breaks his wrist.
13. Against whom is England fighting during Treason's Harbor?
(d) The United States.
14. What does Aubrey fear?
(a) He will lose Maturin to another assignment.
(b) He will have no crew available when time to sail.
(c) He will have to revoke Pullings's promotion.
(d) He will besmirch Mrs. Fielding's reputation.
15. Where does the admiral live?
(a) On board his private vessel.
(b) In an apartment overlooking the bay.
(c) At the end of a long, dry, dirt road.
(d) In a large country estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Effendi?
2. What does Mrs. Fielding ask Aubrey to help her write?
3. For what is Aubrey grateful?
4. What shop is Captain Aubrey near once when Ponto is around Aubrey?
5. Who helps Ponto?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)