|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shop is Captain Aubrey near once when Ponto is around Aubrey?
2. How does one gain rank in the British navy?
(a) Through political ties.
(b) By putting in the time required for each rank level.
(c) Through family connections.
(d) Through successful battles and conquests.
3. What do Aubrey and Maturin share?
(a) An appreciation for music.
(b) A hatred of the Irish.
(c) A hatred of all things Dutch.
(d) An appreciation for the natural sciences.
4. About what do the citizens gossip?
(a) About Maturin having an affair with Mrs. Fielding.
(b) About Ponto's relationship to Aubrey.
(c) About Aubrey having an affair with Mrs. Fielding.
(d) About Ponto's relationship with Mrs. Fielding.
5. What does Aubrey fear?
(a) He will have no crew available when time to sail.
(b) He will lose Maturin to another assignment.
(c) He will have to revoke Pullings's promotion.
(d) He will besmirch Mrs. Fielding's reputation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aubrey find Maturin enjoying a performance?
2. What does Ponto do at the shop?
3. Who does Aubrey go to meet?
4. What sort of relationship does Ponto's rescuer engender with Mrs. Fielding?
5. What does Lesueur want Mrs. Fielding to do?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)