|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Aubrey report upon his return to Malta?
(a) The aide de camp to the Commander-in-Chief.
(b) Admiral Hartley.
(c) The Commander-in-Chief.
(d) Admiral Leighton.
2. How long does Aubrey think it will be before the Surprise is ready to sail?
(a) About 2 weeks.
(b) A couple days.
(c) He has no idea.
(d) Several months.
3. What is Maturin doing as Aubrey conferences with the Admiral?
(a) He is enroute back to England.
(b) Visiting a desert island near Malta to study lizard specimens.
(c) Replenishing his medical supplies.
(d) Visiting his patients in the hospital.
4. Who is Dr. Graham?
(a) A French spy.
(b) A professor studying ancient history on Malta.
(c) Maturin's colleague and a surgeon.
(d) The governor of Malta's private physician.
5. What is a requirement of Ramadan?
(a) To travel to Mecca.
(b) To welcome all visitors of all faiths.
(c) To sacrifice a goat each morning and evening of Ramadan.
(d) Fasting in seclusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wray agree to in order to cancel his debt?
2. How do Aubrey and his crew travel in the desert?
3. When will Aubrey be able to gather transportation and supplies?
4. How does Maturin use the situation with Mrs. Fielding?
5. What does Dr. Graham enjoy doing as a pastime?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)