|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Cecily fall in love with Carr?
(a) When he criticized Marx.
(b) When "Jack" mentioned his brother.
(c) When Gwen mentioned her brother.
(d) When he came into the library.
2. What does Carr imagine Cecily doing as she berates him at the end of this section?
(a) Tearing up Lenin's manuscript.
(b) Waltzing with him.
(d) Jumping rope.
3. According to Cecily, what is the sole purpose of art?
(b) Social criticism.
(c) To be burned.
(d) To be a commodity.
4. In 1917, who is about to join the Allies in the war?
5. Who is the the Prime Minister of England in 1917?
(a) Lloyd George.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Tzara credit the creation of Dada?
2. What is the name of the man in whose house Lenin stay in Zurich?
3. In this section, what action does Tzara publicly state he will never do again?
4. Why does Tzara quote so sparingly from Hugo Ball's diary in describing him to Joyce?
5. Why does Cecily forgive Carr's outburst in the library in this section?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)