|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problematic attribute makes finding two Swedes for Lenin particularly difficult?
(a) They must be twins.
(b) They must be deaf-mute.
(c) They must have only one arm each.
(d) They must speak Russian.
2. According to Carr, what likely happened around the same time as Das Kapital was published?
(a) Europe lost interest in socialism.
(b) The capitalist system began improving.
(c) Britain became the dominent manufacturing state.
(d) The worker officially became alienated form his labor.
3. Why does Tzara quote so sparingly from Hugo Ball's diary in describing him to Joyce?
(a) He is making up the diary.
(b) He cannot remember much of it.
(c) Its copyright has not elapsed.
(d) It is written mostly in gibberish.
4. What object does Lenin accidentally strike when he slams his fist on Cecily's desk?
(a) A bell.
(b) A manuscript.
(c) A top hat.
(d) A rabbit.
5. According to Joyce, what is the only country not to have its art well-represented in Zurich?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two countries are attempting to prevent Lenin's entry to Russia?
2. What is the name of the man in whose house Lenin stay in Zurich?
3. What two countries does Carr tell Cecily are the same in this section?
4. How much money does Carr end up giving Joyce in this section?
5. According to Tzara, artists and intellectuals will be what to the Russian Revolution?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)