|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What accessory does Lenin intend to wear as he steals out of Switzerland?
(a) A wig.
(b) A cape.
(d) Face bandages.
2. During his introduction in the beginning of this section, what is the only thing that Carr says he knows of Joyce?
(a) His work.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His name.
(d) His hometown.
3. What does Joyce pull out of Tzara's hat before leaving the stage?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) A whole poem.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) Another hat.
4. What leader does Lenin state that he particularly distrusts in this section?
(c) Lloyd George.
5. What did Lenin do during a major famine in Russia?
(c) Wrote his first book.
(d) Organized soup kitchens.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day is the Zurich Library closed?
2. According to Joyce, what is the only country not to have its art well-represented in Zurich?
3. According to Bennett in this section, what are the new odds against Lenin's success?
4. For what purpose does Carr propose that he and Cecily go to lunch?
5. What novel by Tolstoy does Lenin especially admire?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)