|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Carr end up giving Joyce in this section?
(a) 2 pounds.
(b) 10 pounds.
(c) 14 pounds.
(d) 5 pounds.
2. According to Cecily, what is the sole purpose of art?
(a) To be a commodity.
(c) To be burned.
(d) Social criticism.
3. In what town is the most famous photo of Lenin taken?
(d) St. Petersburg.
4. When he finally explodes at Joyce, into what does Tzara say the writer has turned literature?
(a) A religion.
(b) A political tool.
5. What does Joyce pull out of Tzara's hat before leaving the stage?
(a) A whole poem.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) His manuscript.
(d) Another hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cecily finally lashes out at Carr, she says Marx warns the worker against all of the following groups but which?
2. Why does Tzara quote so sparingly from Hugo Ball's diary in describing him to Joyce?
3. What new information does Cecily reveal about Bennett in this section?
4. Who is the the Prime Minister of England in 1917?
5. According to Joyce, what is the only country not to have its art well-represented in Zurich?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)