|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does Carr eat in this section as he tries to reason through his situation?
(b) Cucumber sandwiches.
2. What is the name of the man in whose house Lenin stay in Zurich?
3. How much money does Carr end up giving Joyce in this section?
(a) 5 pounds.
(b) 2 pounds.
(c) 10 pounds.
(d) 14 pounds.
4. What does Joyce pull out of Tzara's hat before leaving the stage?
(a) A whole poem.
(b) His manuscript.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) Another hat.
5. Why does Cecily forgive Carr's outburst in the library in this section?
(a) She is captivated by him.
(b) The reference section is about to close.
(c) The library is empty.
(d) She is about to quit her post as librarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affliction does Joyce confess to having at the beginning of this section?
2. What Russian writer's name is Carr unable to pronounce at the end of this section?
3. What is the first thing that Carr does when he meets Tzara in this section?
4. What does Carr dream about sometimes?
5. What name does Henry Carr use to describe his "brother Jack" to Cecily (47)?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)