|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Carr, what likely happened around the same time as Das Kapital was published?
(a) The worker officially became alienated form his labor.
(b) The capitalist system began improving.
(c) Europe lost interest in socialism.
(d) Britain became the dominent manufacturing state.
2. What object does Lenin accidentally strike when he slams his fist on Cecily's desk?
(a) A top hat.
(b) A manuscript.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A bell.
3. Thinking that he is Tristan Tzara, how does Cecily characterize Henry Carr when they meet in Act 2?
(a) Decadent and nihilistic.
(b) Brilliant and radical.
(c) Dark and mysterious.
(d) Foolish and profligate.
4. In this section, what action does Tzara publicly state he will never do again?
(a) Lie to Cecily or Lenin.
(b) Shake his brother's hand.
(d) Return to the Library.
5. What Russian writer's name is Carr unable to pronounce at the end of this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. In this section, Cecily say that when the history of the revolution is written, what will not loom large in it?
2. What role from The Importance of Being Earnest does Carr actually play?
3. When Cecily finally lashes out at Carr, she says Marx warns the worker against all of the following groups but which?
4. When he finally explodes at Joyce, into what does Tzara say the writer has turned literature?
5. What profession does Lenin's attire suggest when he enters in Act 2?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)