|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Joyce request of Carr after the play for tickets?
(a) 10 francs.
(b) 25 francs.
(c) 20 francs.
(d) 15 francs.
2. According to Cecily, what is the sole purpose of art?
(a) To be burned.
(b) To be a commodity.
(d) Social criticism.
3. According to Bennett in this section, what are the new odds against Lenin's success?
(a) 100 to 1.
(b) 1,000 to 1.
(c) 10 to 1.
(d) 10,000 to 1.
4. Whose work does Carr excitedly want produced by James Joyce's theatrical troupe?
(a) Gilbert and Sullivan.
(b) His own.
(c) Oscar Wilde.
5. According to a speech at the Zurich People's House in 1917, what does Lenin think his role will be in the major battles of the Russian Revolution?
(a) He will return to Russia to lead them.
(b) He will remain clear of them.
(c) He will die at the barricades.
(d) He will not live to see them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Gilbert and Sullivan operetta is not mentioned in the section?
2. According to Tzara, artists and intellectuals will be what to the Russian Revolution?
3. What affliction does Joyce confess to having at the beginning of this section?
4. What object does Lenin accidentally strike when he slams his fist on Cecily's desk?
5. At a meeting of Russian emigres in Zurich, though what country do the Russians discuss passing to return to their homeland?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)