|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two countries are attempting to prevent Lenin's entry to Russia?
(a) Belgium and France.
(b) Britain and France.
(c) Germany and Serbia.
(d) Germany and Italy.
2. What accessory does Lenin intend to wear as he steals out of Switzerland?
(b) A cape.
(c) Face bandages.
(d) A wig.
3. Why does Tzara quote so sparingly from Hugo Ball's diary in describing him to Joyce?
(a) He is making up the diary.
(b) He cannot remember much of it.
(c) It is written mostly in gibberish.
(d) Its copyright has not elapsed.
4. What new information does Cecily reveal about Bennett in this section?
(a) He is a Bolshevik sympathizer.
(b) He is a spy.
(c) He is an amateur poet.
(d) He has fled to Serbia.
5. According to Carr, why was Marx wrong in his assessment of capitalism?
(a) He was ill-educated.
(b) He was writing during the Industrial Revolution.
(c) He was writing from a foriegn perspective.
(d) He has never invested in a major company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a title that Joyce attaches to Odysseus in this section?
2. At a meeting of Russian emigres in Zurich, though what country do the Russians discuss passing to return to their homeland?
3. For what purpose does Carr propose that he and Cecily go to lunch?
4. What name does Henry Carr use to describe his "brother Jack" to Cecily (47)?
5. Where are Lenin and Nadya when the war breaks out?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)