|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bennett in this section, what are the new odds against Lenin's success?
(a) 10 to 1.
(b) 10,000 to 1.
(c) 1,000 to 1.
(d) 100 to 1.
2. According to Cecily, what is the sole purpose of art?
(a) To be a commodity.
(c) Social criticism.
(d) To be burned.
3. During his introduction in the beginning of this section, what is the only thing that Carr says he knows of Joyce?
(a) His name.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His hometown.
(d) His work.
4. Which of the following is not a title that Joyce attaches to Odysseus in this section?
5. When did Cecily fall in love with Carr?
(a) When "Jack" mentioned his brother.
(b) When Gwen mentioned her brother.
(c) When he criticized Marx.
(d) When he came into the library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose work does Carr excitedly want produced by James Joyce's theatrical troupe?
2. Having only studied alphabetically, Carr says that politically he has not progressed beyond what?
3. Who is the the Prime Minister of England in 1917?
4. To whom does Tzara credit the creation of Dada?
5. What does Carr imagine Cecily doing as she berates him at the end of this section?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)