|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cecily forgive Carr's outburst in the library in this section?
(a) The library is empty.
(b) She is captivated by him.
(c) She is about to quit her post as librarian.
(d) The reference section is about to close.
2. How does Carr describe his trial against Joyce at the end of Act 1?
(a) An epic battle.
(b) A travesty.
(c) A fait accompli.
(d) A kangaroo court.
3. What is covering Joyce when he returns to the scene to speak with Tzara?
(b) Slips of paper.
(d) A sheet.
4. What is the first thing that Carr does when he meets Tzara in this section?
(a) He punches him.
(b) He runs away from him.
(c) He dances with him.
(d) He apologizes to him.
5. What movement is represented by the artist Mayakovsky in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cecily finally lashes out at Carr, she says Marx warns the worker against all of the following groups but which?
2. Who is the the Prime Minister of England in 1917?
3. According to Cecily, what is the sole purpose of art?
4. In 1917, who is about to join the Allies in the war?
5. What did Lenin do during a major famine in Russia?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)