|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cecily, what is the sole purpose of art?
(a) To be burned.
(b) Social criticism.
(c) To be a commodity.
2. In this section, Lenin proclaims that no freedom can be achieved in a society based on what?
3. What accessory does Lenin intend to wear as he steals out of Switzerland?
(a) A wig.
(b) Face bandages.
(c) A cape.
4. In this section, what action does Tzara publicly state he will never do again?
(a) Lie to Cecily or Lenin.
(c) Shake his brother's hand.
(d) Return to the Library.
5. In mocking Tzara's Dadaist pretensions in this section, what does Carr say the communist will have Tzara pissing?
(b) One color.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tzara, Huelsenbeck wanted to connect Dadaism to what other movement?
2. What does Carr imagine Cecily doing as she berates him at the end of this section?
3. After what French writer do the Dadaists name their Cabaret at the Meierei Bar?
4. To whom does Tzara credit the creation of Dada?
5. For what purpose does Carr propose that he and Cecily go to lunch?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)