|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing that Carr does when he meets Tzara in this section?
(a) He apologizes to him.
(b) He punches him.
(c) He runs away from him.
(d) He dances with him.
2. According to Carr, what likely happened around the same time as Das Kapital was published?
(a) The capitalist system began improving.
(b) The worker officially became alienated form his labor.
(c) Britain became the dominent manufacturing state.
(d) Europe lost interest in socialism.
3. In what year did Tristan Tzara die?
4. What is the word on the first strip of paper that Tzara draws for Gwen's poem?
5. What does Lenin dislike about the staging of a Dickens tale?
(a) Its classism.
(b) Its sentimentality.
(c) Its Christian undertones.
(d) Its relentless Britishness.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what type of dictionary does Tzara claim the word Dada was taken?
2. In this section, Tzara tells Gwen that her most perfect attribute is her what?
3. What novel by Tolstoy does Lenin especially admire?
4. What is the name of the man in whose house Lenin stay in Zurich?
5. How does Carr describe his trial against Joyce at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)