|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tzara, Huelsenbeck wanted to connect Dadaism to what other movement?
2. According to Carr, why was Marx wrong in his assessment of capitalism?
(a) He was ill-educated.
(b) He has never invested in a major company.
(c) He was writing during the Industrial Revolution.
(d) He was writing from a foriegn perspective.
3. Why does Tzara quote so sparingly from Hugo Ball's diary in describing him to Joyce?
(a) He is making up the diary.
(b) He cannot remember much of it.
(c) Its copyright has not elapsed.
(d) It is written mostly in gibberish.
4. What movement is represented by the artist Mayakovsky in this section?
5. What composer's music reduces Lenin to tears int his section?
Short Answer Questions
1. After what French writer do the Dadaists name their Cabaret at the Meierei Bar?
2. What affliction does Joyce confess to having at the beginning of this section?
3. In what year did Tristan Tzara die?
4. What is the word on the first strip of paper that Tzara draws for Gwen's poem?
5. What Shakespearean lady has Carr played at Eton?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)