|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Joyce request of Carr after the play for tickets?
(a) 10 francs.
(b) 25 francs.
(c) 20 francs.
(d) 15 francs.
2. Thinking that he is Tristan Tzara, how does Cecily characterize Henry Carr when they meet in Act 2?
(a) Dark and mysterious.
(b) Brilliant and radical.
(c) Foolish and profligate.
(d) Decadent and nihilistic.
3. According to a speech at the Zurich People's House in 1917, what does Lenin think his role will be in the major battles of the Russian Revolution?
(a) He will not live to see them.
(b) He will return to Russia to lead them.
(c) He will die at the barricades.
(d) He will remain clear of them.
4. Which of the following is not a title that Joyce attaches to Odysseus in this section?
5. What Shakespearean lady has Carr played at Eton?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food does Carr eat in this section as he tries to reason through his situation?
2. In this section, Tzara tells Gwen that her most perfect attribute is her what?
3. During his introduction in the beginning of this section, what is the only thing that Carr says he knows of Joyce?
4. What did Lenin do during a major famine in Russia?
5. What problematic attribute makes finding two Swedes for Lenin particularly difficult?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)