|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the the Prime Minister of England in 1917?
(c) Lloyd George.
2. In what town is the most famous photo of Lenin taken?
(b) St. Petersburg.
3. Which of the following is not a specific art movement that Lenin decries as incomprehensible in this section?
4. When he finally explodes at Joyce, into what does Tzara say the writer has turned literature?
(c) A religion.
(d) A political tool.
5. What does Carr dream about sometimes?
(a) The trenches.
(b) Writing Ulysses.
(c) Acting in The Importance of Being Earnest.
(d) Cross-examining Joyce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word on the first strip of paper that Tzara draws for Gwen's poem?
2. On what day is the Zurich Library closed?
3. What role from The Importance of Being Earnest does Carr actually play?
4. At a meeting of Russian emigres in Zurich, though what country do the Russians discuss passing to return to their homeland?
5. What name does Henry Carr use to describe his "brother Jack" to Cecily (47)?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)