|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tzara, what is out of fashion since the war?
2. What is the only driving force of war, according to Tzara?
3. Which of the following characters does not enter at the beginning of this section?
4. What objects are inadvertently interposed int he beginning of the play?
(a) Two books.
(b) Two hats.
(c) Two passports.
(d) Two folders.
5. In what year does Carr recall he was acquainted with Joyce, Lenin, and Tzara?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what country's system of government does Bennett compare the anticipate Russian state at the end of his explanation of Marxist?
2. In this section Carr comments that is entirely reasonable for the exploited classes of Russia to turn against whom?
3. In mistakenly recalling Lenin's appearance, what regional appearance does Carr say he bears?
4. What name has Carr been given for Gwen's chaperon?
5. What article of clothing does Bannett mention specifically when describing Tzara to Carr?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Gwen and Joyce's visit in the limerick scene?
2. Describe Carr's obsession with clothing.
3. What ridiculous statement does Old Carr make about his connection to Lenin?
4. What is Joyce's business at the house at the end of the play?
5. What is Henry Carr's relationship to James Joyce?
6. What caveat does Cecily have for loving Carr/Tristan?
7. How do Cecil and Gwen realize that they are both engaged to Tzara?
8. How does Henry Carr dismiss the writings of Marx in this section?
9. What lie does Carr argue is the artist's great achievement?
10. How did Tristan Tzara discover the word Dada?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)