|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Lenin forced into exile from Russia?
2. According to Tzara, what is out of fashion since the war?
3. By his own estimation, what makes Tzara an artist?
(a) He creates beauty.
(b) He is Romanian.
(c) He is innately creative.
(d) He says he is.
4. According to Carr, what sensation is created by the many punctual clocks in Zurich?
5. When Bennett states that a social revolution has occurred in Russia, what activity does Carr assume this involves?
(a) Soldiers protesting.
(b) Peasants reading.
(c) Nuns copulating.
(d) Women smoking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Carr recall Lenin's eyes being?
2. How does Tzara say Cecily is studying the great poets?
3. To which "misfortune" does Carr refer in this section, regarding Tristan Tzara (14)?
4. What precious stone is in Carr's preferred studs?
5. What does Bennett think are the odds against Lenin prevailing in Russia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions does Carr attempt to answer regarding Dada?
2. What is Lenin's ill-fated plan to leave Switzerland?
3. What is the last straw for Gwen and Cecily regarding Tzara and Carr?
4. Why do the Allies want to keep Lenin in Switzerland?
5. What events have transpired in Russia since the abdication of the czar?
6. Why does Carr bring up Bennett's logbook in this section?
7. Describe Joyce's defense of classical literature.
8. Describe Joyce's falling out with Carr.
9. What final words of wisdom does Carr offer at the end of the play?
10. What confusion exist between Tzara and Carr regarding the reasoning behind the war?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)