|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As what does Carr theorize that Tzara is trying to pass?
(a) A spy.
(b) An actor.
(c) An artist.
(d) A duke.
2. In this section, Carr and Tzara cannot decide between which two countries as to which they are defending?
(a) France and Germany.
(b) Belguim and Serbia.
(c) Germany and Belgium.
(d) Serbia and France.
3. In mistakenly recalling Lenin's appearance, what regional appearance does Carr say he bears?
(b) South America.
(c) The Orient.
4. To which "misfortune" does Carr refer in this section, regarding Tristan Tzara (14)?
(a) He is Romanian.
(b) He has lost his wife.
(c) He was wounded in the war.
(d) He is an artist.
5. Which of the following figures is not among the attendees Carr jokingly names for the Social Democrats for Civil War in Europe meeting?
(c) Lenin's wife.
(d) A police spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does Carr recall he was acquainted with Joyce, Lenin, and Tzara?
2. What name has Carr been given for Gwen's chaperon?
3. How many times does Joyce instruct Gwen to repeat his dictation in the text?
4. In what country were Joyce and his wife when the war started?
5. The Zimmerwaldists believe the workers of the world need to oppose what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Carr livid over Joyce's request for 25 francs in ticket sales?
2. What final words of wisdom does Carr offer at the end of the play?
3. What new revelation regarding Bennett is revealed in the final moments of the play?
4. How is Art created, from Tzara's point of view?
5. What caveat does Gwen give in accepting Tzara's proposal?
6. Describe the scene at the beginning of the play.
7. How does Carr respond to Tzara's Dadaist sentiments?
8. What is Joyce's business at the house at the end of the play?
9. How is Lenin surprised by the Russian Revolution?
10. What caveat does Cecily have for loving Carr/Tristan?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)