Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dada artist entitle the work that consists of his name in the snow?
(a) Journey's End.
(b) The Alps.
2. When Bennett states that a social revolution has occurred in Russia, what activity does Carr assume this involves?
(a) Soldiers protesting.
(b) Peasants reading.
(c) Women smoking.
(d) Nuns copulating.
3. Due to a clerical error on his birth certificate, what if James Joyce's legal middle name?
4. What term for Germans is Carr unfamiliar with before entering the war?
5. What does the British government request of Carr int his section?
(a) That he allow Lenin passage out of Switzerland.
(b) That he return to the front.
(c) That he return to London.
(d) That he spy on Lenin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of Lenin's new book?
2. Which of the following Dada artists in not mentioned by mentioned by Carr in his monologue?
3. According to Carr, what was always apparent in Joyce's personality?
4. For what purpose does Joyce say he needs money from Carr?
5. What precious stone is in Carr's preferred studs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carr explain Tzara's appearance?
2. How is Lenin surprised by the Russian Revolution?
3. What is Henry Carr's relationship to James Joyce?
4. Describe Joyce's defense of classical literature.
5. Describe some examples of the aristocratic aloofness Carr displays int his section.
6. What ridiculous statement does Old Carr make about his connection to Lenin?
7. What quandary is Carr facing in this section?
8. Why does Tzara distrust beauty and reason?
9. What request is made of Carr by the British government at the end of the scene?
10. What caveat does Cecily have for loving Carr/Tristan?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)