|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which "misfortune" does Carr refer in this section, regarding Tristan Tzara (14)?
(a) He has lost his wife.
(b) He is an artist.
(c) He is Romanian.
(d) He was wounded in the war.
2. According to Carr, what sensation is created by the many punctual clocks in Zurich?
3. According to Tzara, how do Communists like their art?
4. At the beginning of this section, what does Carr tell Bennett is completely absent from Switzerland?
(b) News journals.
5. What name has Carr been given for Gwen's chaperon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a term that Carr shouts at Tzara when he loses his temper in this section?
2. What does Joyce announce that he intends to do before leaving the room in this section?
3. What object does Tzara say man would be without art?
4. In this section, Carr and Tzara cannot decide between which two countries as to which they are defending?
5. In what two locations does the play take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the last straw for Gwen and Cecily regarding Tzara and Carr?
2. Why does Tzara distrust beauty and reason?
3. What quandary is Carr facing in this section?
4. What are time slips?
5. What is the real reason for Tzara's visit?
6. How does Carr explain Tzara's appearance?
7. How do Cecil and Gwen realize that they are both engaged to Tzara?
8. Why do the Allies want to keep Lenin in Switzerland?
9. Describe Lenin's aversion to career artists.
10. Describe some examples of the aristocratic aloofness Carr displays int his section.
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)