|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only driving force of war, according to Tzara?
2. According to Carr, what is the name of the street in Zurich on which both Lenin's lodging and Meierei bar were located?
3. What detail of the Russian Revolution is not mentioned by Bennett in this section?
(a) The ascension of the Kerensky government.
(b) The abdication of the czar.
(c) The appropriation of the term Soviet.
(d) The murder of the royal family.
4. What precious stone is in Carr's preferred studs?
5. Which character shushes the other characters onstage in the first scene of the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing does Bannett mention specifically when describing Tzara to Carr?
2. Where is Joyce buried at the time thhat the Old Carr speaks in this section?
3. What does Carr wish to match in choosing a red cravat?
4. To which "misfortune" does Carr refer in this section, regarding Tristan Tzara (14)?
5. Which of the following locations is not mentioned by Carr as he describes the horrors of the First World War?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carr's opinion of Joyce seems to change as he sums up the writer's character in his monologue?
2. How do Gwendolen and Cecily mishandle their folders in the beginning of the play?
3. Describe the scene at the beginning of the play.
4. Why do the Allies want to keep Lenin in Switzerland?
5. How did Tristan Tzara discover the word Dada?
6. Why does Tzara have two names?
7. How is Lenin devastated and frustrated listening to a Beethoven symphony?
8. What final words of wisdom does Carr offer at the end of the play?
9. In what way has Carr's manner of study impeded his learning?
10. How does Henry Carr change at the end of his monologue?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)