|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what symbol of nonviolence does Carr compare Switzerland in his monologue?
(a) A white flag.
(b) An olive branch.
(c) A plowshare.
(d) A dove.
2. What name has Carr been given for Gwen's chaperon?
3. What term for Germans is Carr unfamiliar with before entering the war?
4. What did Tzara leave in Carr's drawing room on his last visit?
(a) A bar tab.
(b) A French phrasebook.
(c) His cigarette case.
(d) His library card.
5. Upon what does Tzara announce defiantly that he spits?
(a) The classics.
(d) Joyce's novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Citing Karl Marx in this section, Bennett states that there is no way for a country to transition seamlessly from autocracy to what?
2. What detail of the Russian Revolution is not mentioned by Bennett in this section?
3. According to Carr, what was always apparent in Joyce's personality?
4. What does the Dada artist entitle the work that consists of his name in the snow?
5. In this section, Carr and Tzara cannot decide between which two countries as to which they are defending?
Short Essay Questions
1. What admonition does Carr make to the audience regarding his memory at the end of the act?
2. What is Henry Carr's relationship to James Joyce?
3. Why is Carr livid over Joyce's request for 25 francs in ticket sales?
4. What is Lenin's ill-fated plan to leave Switzerland?
5. What are time slips?
6. How is Lenin devastated and frustrated listening to a Beethoven symphony?
7. What ridiculous statement does Old Carr make about his connection to Lenin?
8. What is the purpose of Gwen and Joyce's visit in the limerick scene?
9. What lie does Carr argue is the artist's great achievement?
10. How is Art created, from Tzara's point of view?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)