|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two items are mentioned several times in this section as part of a time slip?
(a) Cufflinks and studs.
(b) Ties and ascots.
(c) Fruits and cheeses.
(d) Newspapers and telegrams.
2. What is Carr's first name?
3. According to Tzara, how do Communists like their art?
4. In this section Carr comments that is entirely reasonable for the exploited classes of Russia to turn against whom?
(a) Their servants.
(b) The government.
(c) Their spouses.
5. What character from the play has left his card with Bennett?
Short Answer Questions
1. Citing Karl Marx in this section, Bennett states that there is no way for a country to transition seamlessly from autocracy to what?
2. For what occasion is Carr dressing in this section?
3. What masterwork is Joyce in the process of write when he and Carr are acquainted?
4. What sound effect does Stoppard recommend to accompany time slips in the play?
5. According to Marx's theories, what must the Marxist embrace temporarily in order to eventually have a proletarian state?
Short Essay Questions
1. What apologia does Henry Carr make regarding his memory?
2. In what terms does Carr describe Switzerland in this section?
3. How is Art created, from Tzara's point of view?
4. How does Henry Carr dismiss the writings of Marx in this section?
5. What does Lenin ask Nadya to do when he is imprisoned in St. Petersburg?
6. Describe some examples of the aristocratic aloofness Carr displays int his section.
7. What quandary is Carr facing in this section?
8. What lie does Carr argue is the artist's great achievement?
9. What are time slips?
10. What ridiculous statement does Old Carr make about his connection to Lenin?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)