|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character from the play has left his card with Bennett?
2. What did Tzara leave in Carr's drawing room on his last visit?
(a) A bar tab.
(b) His library card.
(c) A French phrasebook.
(d) His cigarette case.
3. Bennett, at the end of this section, says that the British believe the most important Russian leader is still whom?
(a) Czar Nicholas.
4. According to Carr, what is the name of the street in Zurich on which both Lenin's lodging and Meierei bar were located?
5. According to Carr, what sensation is created by the many punctual clocks in Zurich?
Short Answer Questions
1. In this section Carr comments that is entirely reasonable for the exploited classes of Russia to turn against whom?
2. Which of the following facts does Carr announce is not open to correction at the end of his monologue?
3. The Zimmerwaldists believe the workers of the world need to oppose what?
4. What decision by Russia's provincial government enrages the Soviets in this section?
5. In what two locations does the play take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joyce explain his decision to produce The Importance of Being Earnest?
2. What is Henry Carr's relationship to James Joyce?
3. In what terms does Carr describe Switzerland in this section?
4. How does Henry Carr dismiss the writings of Marx in this section?
5. How does Carr's opinion of Joyce seems to change as he sums up the writer's character in his monologue?
6. What is Joyce's business at the house at the end of the play?
7. Describe Carr's obsession with clothing.
8. How is Art created, from Tzara's point of view?
9. In what way has Carr's manner of study impeded his learning?
10. Why does Carr bring up Bennett's logbook in this section?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)