|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bennett states that a social revolution has occurred in Russia, what activity does Carr assume this involves?
(a) Soldiers protesting.
(b) Nuns copulating.
(c) Peasants reading.
(d) Women smoking.
2. In this section Carr comments that is entirely reasonable for the exploited classes of Russia to turn against whom?
(a) Their spouses.
(b) The government.
(d) Their servants.
3. What objects are inadvertently interposed int he beginning of the play?
(a) Two books.
(b) Two hats.
(c) Two folders.
(d) Two passports.
4. What decision by Russia's provincial government enrages the Soviets in this section?
(a) It stays involved in the war.
(b) It arrests the Bolshevik leadership.
(c) It signs a nonaggression treaty with Serbia.
(d) It gives amnesty to the czar and his family.
5. What does the Dada artist entitle the work that consists of his name in the snow?
(a) Journey's End.
(d) The Alps.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not enter at the beginning of this section?
2. Which of the following Dada artists in not mentioned by mentioned by Carr in his monologue?
3. How many bottles of champagne have gone missing under Bennett's watch?
4. What news does Nadya deliver to Lenin in the beginning of the play?
5. Which of the following facts does Carr announce is not open to correction at the end of his monologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Carr incorrectly describe Lenin in this monologue?
2. How does Bennett become an asset to Lenin?
3. What request is made of Carr by the British government at the end of the scene?
4. How did Tristan Tzara discover the word Dada?
5. Describe Henry Carr as he enters the play.
6. Why does Carr bring up Bennett's logbook in this section?
7. How does Gwen react to Tzara's poem?
8. What is the reason for Cecily's coming to Gwen's house?
9. What caveat does Cecily have for loving Carr/Tristan?
10. What is the last straw for Gwen and Cecily regarding Tzara and Carr?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)