|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bennett, at the end of this section, says that the British believe the most important Russian leader is still whom?
(b) Czar Nicholas.
2. At the beginning of this section, what does Carr tell Bennett is completely absent from Switzerland?
(a) News journals.
3. What art movement is born our of the Meierei Bar in Zurich?
(c) Abstract Expressionism.
4. According to Marx's theories, what must the Marxist embrace temporarily in order to eventually have a proletarian state?
(a) Anarchic violence.
(b) A dictatorship.
(c) The Germans.
(d) A bourgeois revolution.
5. Against what does Carr's historical winner bet sixpence?
(a) Franz Ferdinand,
(d) The Titanic.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Carr, what sensation is created by the many punctual clocks in Zurich?
2. What precious stone is in Carr's preferred studs?
3. Due to a clerical error on his birth certificate, what if James Joyce's legal middle name?
4. In mistakenly recalling Lenin's appearance, what regional appearance does Carr say he bears?
5. From what object is Tzara drawing slips of paper in the beginning of the play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gwen react to Tzara's poem?
2. Describe Joyce's falling out with Carr.
3. What is the real reason for Tzara's visit?
4. What warning does Carr give Tzara regarding the Bolsheviks int his section?
5. How does Joyce convince Carr to take the role of Algernon?
6. Why do the Allies want to keep Lenin in Switzerland?
7. Describe Henry Carr as he enters the play.
8. Why does Cecily think Henry Carr is someone else?
9. How does Henry Carr dismiss the writings of Marx in this section?
10. Describe Carr's obsession with clothing.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)