|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against what does Carr's historical winner bet sixpence?
(b) The Titanic.
(d) Franz Ferdinand,
2. According to Carr, what is the name of the street in Zurich on which both Lenin's lodging and Meierei bar were located?
3. What "modish novelty" does Carr disapprove of in Bennett (14)?
(a) Amateur theatrics.
(c) Free association.
4. According to the Bolsheviks, how long should the bourgeois-capitalist democracy last in Russia?
(a) It should not exist
(b) A year.
(c) Four months.
(d) A few days.
5. What two colors does Carr theorize that Joyce's smoking jacket might have been?
(a) Blue or purple.
(b) Brown or grey.
(c) Maroon or pink.
(d) Gold or taupe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What art movement is born our of the Meierei Bar in Zurich?
2. What is the profession of the man who has Lenin as a tenant, according to Carr?
3. For what purpose does Joyce say he needs money from Carr?
4. Which of the following Dada artists in not mentioned by mentioned by Carr in his monologue?
5. What decision by Russia's provincial government enrages the Soviets in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie does Carr argue is the artist's great achievement?
2. How does Joyce convince Carr to take the role of Algernon?
3. How is Lenin surprised by the Russian Revolution?
4. What is Lenin's ill-fated plan to leave Switzerland?
5. What parts of Henry Carr's story can be definitively believed by the audience?
6. In what way has Carr's manner of study impeded his learning?
7. What caveat does Cecily have for loving Carr/Tristan?
8. Describe Lenin's aversion to career artists.
9. How does Carr explain Tzara's appearance?
10. What request is made of Carr by the British government at the end of the scene?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)