|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Carr recall Lenin's eyes being?
2. According to Gwen in this section, what does Tzara do in addiction to writing poetry?
(a) He paints.
(b) He teaches art history.
(c) He sculpts.
(d) He dances.
3. For what purpose does Joyce say he needs money from Carr?
(a) To mount a play.
(b) To afford a ring for Gwen.
(c) To pay off a debt.
(d) To send his manuscript to Ireland.
4. Citing Karl Marx in this section, Bennett states that there is no way for a country to transition seamlessly from autocracy to what?
5. What detail of the Russian Revolution is not mentioned by Bennett in this section?
(a) The ascension of the Kerensky government.
(b) The murder of the royal family.
(c) The abdication of the czar.
(d) The appropriation of the term Soviet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carr wish to match in choosing a red cravat?
2. To which "misfortune" does Carr refer in this section, regarding Tristan Tzara (14)?
3. According to Marx's theories, what must the Marxist embrace temporarily in order to eventually have a proletarian state?
4. Where was Carr when he heard about the offset of the First World War?
5. What object does Tzara say man would be without art?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lenin's aversion to career artists.
2. How does Carr's opinion of Joyce seems to change as he sums up the writer's character in his monologue?
3. How does Joyce explain his decision to produce The Importance of Being Earnest?
4. What new revelation regarding Bennett is revealed in the final moments of the play?
5. What parts of Henry Carr's story can be definitively believed by the audience?
6. In what way has Carr's manner of study impeded his learning?
7. What final words of wisdom does Carr offer at the end of the play?
8. Why does Cecily believe the British are unusually bumbling in their spying on Lenin?
9. Why does Cecily think Henry Carr is someone else?
10. Why is Carr livid over Joyce's request for 25 francs in ticket sales?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)