|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In describing his trenches experience in this section, Carr says he ruined several what?
(a) Pairs of trousers.
(d) First edition Trollopes.
2. Which of the following facts does Carr announce is not open to correction at the end of his monologue?
(a) His height.
(b) His name.
(c) His politics.
(d) His prowess as a lover.
3. What two characters believe Tzara's first name is Jack?
(a) Carr and Bennet.
(b) Cecily and Lenin.
(c) Joyce and Gwen.
(d) Carr and Gwen.
4. From what Irish town does Carr announce James Joyce did not hale?
5. According to Gwen in this section, what does Tzara do in addiction to writing poetry?
(a) He teaches art history.
(b) He dances.
(c) He sculpts.
(d) He paints.
Short Answer Questions
1. Citing Karl Marx in this section, Bennett states that there is no way for a country to transition seamlessly from autocracy to what?
2. Where is Joyce buried at the time thhat the Old Carr speaks in this section?
3. According to Carr, what sensation is created by the many punctual clocks in Zurich?
4. When Bennett states that a social revolution has occurred in Russia, what activity does Carr assume this involves?
5. In mistakenly recalling Lenin's appearance, what regional appearance does Carr say he bears?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caveat does Gwen give in accepting Tzara's proposal?
2. How is Art created, from Tzara's point of view?
3. What is the real reason for Tzara's visit?
4. How do Cecil and Gwen realize that they are both engaged to Tzara?
5. How does Carr incorrectly describe Lenin in this monologue?
6. Why does Cecily believe the British are unusually bumbling in their spying on Lenin?
7. Why does Cecily think Henry Carr is someone else?
8. What request is made of Carr by the British government at the end of the scene?
9. How did Tristan Tzara discover the word Dada?
10. What apologia does Henry Carr make regarding his memory?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)