|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bennett, at the end of this section, says that the British believe the most important Russian leader is still whom?
(d) Czar Nicholas.
2. Which character shushes the other characters onstage in the first scene of the play?
3. To what symbol of nonviolence does Carr compare Switzerland in his monologue?
(a) A dove.
(b) An olive branch.
(c) A white flag.
(d) A plowshare.
4. What term for Germans is Carr unfamiliar with before entering the war?
5. What is the topic of Lenin's new book?
(a) The war.
(b) The Armenian genocide.
(c) The free market.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where on his body was Carr wounded in the war?
2. What decision by Russia's provincial government enrages the Soviets in this section?
3. According to Tzara, what is out of fashion since the war?
4. From what Irish town does Carr announce James Joyce did not hale?
5. According to Tzara, how do Communists like their art?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confusion exist between Tzara and Carr regarding the reasoning behind the war?
2. What warning does Carr give Tzara regarding the Bolsheviks int his section?
3. Describe Lenin's aversion to career artists.
4. How do the Zimmerwaldists plan to leave Switzerland?
5. What is the purpose of Gwen and Joyce's visit in the limerick scene?
6. What ridiculous statement does Old Carr make about his connection to Lenin?
7. How does Carr incorrectly describe Lenin in this monologue?
8. What events have transpired in Russia since the abdication of the czar?
9. Why is Carr livid over Joyce's request for 25 francs in ticket sales?
10. How does Carr explain the essential pleasure of Switzerland to Bennett at the beginning of this section?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)