|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following locations is not mentioned by Carr as he describes the horrors of the First World War?
2. What objects are inadvertently interposed int he beginning of the play?
(a) Two folders.
(b) Two passports.
(c) Two books.
(d) Two hats.
3. Upon what does Tzara announce defiantly that he spits?
(a) Joyce's novel.
(d) The classics.
4. About what Swiss food does Carr state Rochefoucauld complained?
(a) Swiss pastries.
(b) Swiss chocolate.
(c) Swiss goat milk.
(d) Swiss cheese.
5. To what does Carr compare being an artist in his rebuttal to Tzara?
(a) Building cabinets.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what object is Tzara drawing slips of paper in the beginning of the play?
2. What is Carr's first name?
3. For what occasion is Carr dressing in this section?
4. According to Carr, what sensation is created by the many punctual clocks in Zurich?
5. The Zimmerwaldists believe the workers of the world need to oppose what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caveat does Gwen give in accepting Tzara's proposal?
2. How does Carr respond to Tzara's Dadaist sentiments?
3. Describe some examples of the aristocratic aloofness Carr displays int his section.
4. Why does Tzara distrust beauty and reason?
5. In what terms does Carr describe Switzerland in this section?
6. Why does Tzara have two names?
7. How do the Zimmerwaldists plan to leave Switzerland?
8. How did Tristan Tzara discover the word Dada?
9. How does Carr incorrectly describe Lenin in this monologue?
10. What admonition does Carr make to the audience regarding his memory at the end of the act?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)