|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role from The Importance of Being Earnest does Carr actually play?
(d) Lady Bracknell.
2. Why does Cecily dislike Oscar WIlde?
(a) He is a bourgeois individualist.
(b) He is a homosexual.
(c) He is Irish.
(d) He is a noted colonialist.
3. What type of literature does Lenin denounce in a 1905 speech in this section?
(a) Non-partisan literature.
(b) Bourgeois literature.
(c) Decadent literature.
(d) Pornographic literature.
4. Having only studied alphabetically, Carr says that politically he has not progressed beyond what?
5. What profession does Lenin's attire suggest when he enters in Act 2?
(a) A porter.
(b) A banker.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A parson.
6. What does Lenin dislike about the staging of a Dickens tale?
(a) Its relentless Britishness.
(b) Its sentimentality.
(c) Its classism.
(d) Its Christian undertones.
7. How much money does Joyce request of Carr after the play for tickets?
(a) 25 francs.
(b) 15 francs.
(c) 20 francs.
(d) 10 francs.
8. What is covering Joyce when he returns to the scene to speak with Tzara?
(b) Slips of paper.
(d) A sheet.
9. What food does Carr eat in this section as he tries to reason through his situation?
(a) Cucumber sandwiches.
10. Thinking that he is Tristan Tzara, how does Cecily characterize Henry Carr when they meet in Act 2?
(a) Brilliant and radical.
(b) Foolish and profligate.
(c) Dark and mysterious.
(d) Decadent and nihilistic.
11. What new information does Cecily reveal about Bennett in this section?
(a) He is a spy.
(b) He is an amateur poet.
(c) He is a Bolshevik sympathizer.
(d) He has fled to Serbia.
12. According to Tzara, Huelsenbeck wanted to connect Dadaism to what other movement?
13. What two countries are attempting to prevent Lenin's entry to Russia?
(a) Germany and Serbia.
(b) Britain and France.
(c) Germany and Italy.
(d) Belgium and France.
14. In this section, Tzara tells Gwen that her most perfect attribute is her what?
15. To whom does Tzara credit the creation of Dada?
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Lenin accidentally strike when he slams his fist on Cecily's desk?
2. In what year did Tristan Tzara die?
3. What leader does Lenin state that he particularly distrusts in this section?
4. Why does Tzara quote so sparingly from Hugo Ball's diary in describing him to Joyce?
5. According to Tzara, artists and intellectuals will be what to the Russian Revolution?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)