|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town is the most famous photo of Lenin taken?
(a) St. Petersburg.
2. In this section, what action does Tzara publicly state he will never do again?
(a) Return to the Library.
(c) Shake his brother's hand.
(d) Lie to Cecily or Lenin.
3. Where are Lenin and Nadya when the war breaks out?
4. As an artist, to what does Joyce tell Carr he attaches no importance?
(c) Good taste.
5. What object does Lenin accidentally strike when he slams his fist on Cecily's desk?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A bell.
(c) A manuscript.
(d) A top hat.
6. According to Tzara, Huelsenbeck wanted to connect Dadaism to what other movement?
7. After what French writer do the Dadaists name their Cabaret at the Meierei Bar?
8. Why does Tzara quote so sparingly from Hugo Ball's diary in describing him to Joyce?
(a) He is making up the diary.
(b) It is written mostly in gibberish.
(c) Its copyright has not elapsed.
(d) He cannot remember much of it.
9. During his introduction in the beginning of this section, what is the only thing that Carr says he knows of Joyce?
(a) His work.
(b) His reputation.
(c) His name.
(d) His hometown.
10. According to a speech at the Zurich People's House in 1917, what does Lenin think his role will be in the major battles of the Russian Revolution?
(a) He will remain clear of them.
(b) He will not live to see them.
(c) He will die at the barricades.
(d) He will return to Russia to lead them.
11. What did Lenin do during a major famine in Russia?
(a) Organized soup kitchens.
(c) Wrote his first book.
12. What role from The Importance of Being Earnest does Carr actually play?
(c) Lady Bracknell.
13. On what day is the Zurich Library closed?
14. In Lenin's poorly-remembered speech in this section, what does losing two revolutions look like?
15. What type of literature does Lenin denounce in a 1905 speech in this section?
(a) Non-partisan literature.
(b) Pornographic literature.
(c) Decadent literature.
(d) Bourgeois literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is covering Joyce when he returns to the scene to speak with Tzara?
2. Why does Cecily forgive Carr's outburst in the library in this section?
3. Which of the following is not a title that Joyce attaches to Odysseus in this section?
4. To whom does Tzara credit the creation of Dada?
5. According to Tzara, artists and intellectuals will be what to the Russian Revolution?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)