|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Tzara, Huelsenbeck wanted to connect Dadaism to what other movement?
2. Who is the the Prime Minister of England in 1917?
(a) Lloyd George.
3. When did Cecily fall in love with Carr?
(a) When he came into the library.
(b) When "Jack" mentioned his brother.
(c) When he criticized Marx.
(d) When Gwen mentioned her brother.
4. What did Lenin do during a major famine in Russia?
(a) Wrote his first book.
(c) Organized soup kitchens.
5. Having only studied alphabetically, Carr says that politically he has not progressed beyond what?
6. According to Bennett in this section, what are the new odds against Lenin's success?
(a) 100 to 1.
(b) 10 to 1.
(c) 10,000 to 1.
(d) 1,000 to 1.
7. According to a speech at the Zurich People's House in 1917, what does Lenin think his role will be in the major battles of the Russian Revolution?
(a) He will die at the barricades.
(b) He will remain clear of them.
(c) He will not live to see them.
(d) He will return to Russia to lead them.
8. On what day is the Zurich Library closed?
9. In Lenin's poorly-remembered speech in this section, what does losing two revolutions look like?
10. What does Joyce pull out of Tzara's hat before leaving the stage?
(a) A whole poem.
(b) His manuscript.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) Another hat.
11. At a meeting of Russian emigres in Zurich, though what country do the Russians discuss passing to return to their homeland?
12. In this section, Tzara tells Gwen that her most perfect attribute is her what?
13. For what purpose does Carr propose that he and Cecily go to lunch?
(a) So she can tell him about Lenin.
(b) So she can reform him.
(c) So he can tell her the truth about Jack.
(d) So he can show her his Dada poetry.
14. Whose poetry does Tzara attempt the dismember for Gwendolen in this section?
15. What movement is represented by the artist Mayakovsky in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two countries does Carr tell Cecily are the same in this section?
2. Whose work does Carr excitedly want produced by James Joyce's theatrical troupe?
3. What is covering Joyce when he returns to the scene to speak with Tzara?
4. Which of the following is not a specific art movement that Lenin decries as incomprehensible in this section?
5. What name does Henry Carr use to describe his "brother Jack" to Cecily (47)?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)