|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man in whose house Lenin stay in Zurich?
2. According to Joyce, what is the only country not to have its art well-represented in Zurich?
3. What is the word on the first strip of paper that Tzara draws for Gwen's poem?
4. In what town is the most famous photo of Lenin taken?
(b) St. Petersburg.
5. In what year did Tristan Tzara die?
6. How many socialist ministers exist in West European governments in 1917?
7. For what purpose does Carr propose that he and Cecily go to lunch?
(a) So he can show her his Dada poetry.
(b) So she can tell him about Lenin.
(c) So she can reform him.
(d) So he can tell her the truth about Jack.
8. How does Carr describe his trial against Joyce at the end of Act 1?
(a) A kangaroo court.
(b) A fait accompli.
(c) A travesty.
(d) An epic battle.
9. How much money does Carr end up giving Joyce in this section?
(a) 2 pounds.
(b) 5 pounds.
(c) 14 pounds.
(d) 10 pounds.
10. During his introduction in the beginning of this section, what is the only thing that Carr says he knows of Joyce?
(a) His hometown.
(b) His name.
(c) His work.
(d) His reputation.
11. After what French writer do the Dadaists name their Cabaret at the Meierei Bar?
12. Who is the the Prime Minister of England in 1917?
(c) Lloyd George.
13. When did Cecily fall in love with Carr?
(a) When he criticized Marx.
(b) When "Jack" mentioned his brother.
(c) When Gwen mentioned her brother.
(d) When he came into the library.
14. What accessory does Lenin intend to wear as he steals out of Switzerland?
(a) A cape.
(b) A wig.
(d) Face bandages.
15. At a meeting of Russian emigres in Zurich, though what country do the Russians discuss passing to return to their homeland?
Short Answer Questions
1. In this section, what action does Tzara publicly state he will never do again?
2. What role from The Importance of Being Earnest does Carr actually play?
3. According to Carr, why was Marx wrong in his assessment of capitalism?
4. According to Cecily, what is the sole purpose of art?
5. What Shakespearean lady has Carr played at Eton?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)