|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leader does Lenin state that he particularly distrusts in this section?
(a) Lloyd George.
2. What is covering Joyce when he returns to the scene to speak with Tzara?
(b) A sheet.
(d) Slips of paper.
3. What does Joyce pull out of Tzara's hat before leaving the stage?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) Another hat.
(c) A whole poem.
(d) A rabbit.
4. In mocking Tzara's Dadaist pretensions in this section, what does Carr say the communist will have Tzara pissing?
(d) One color.
5. To whom does Tzara credit the creation of Dada?
6. How much money does Carr end up giving Joyce in this section?
(a) 10 pounds.
(b) 5 pounds.
(c) 14 pounds.
(d) 2 pounds.
7. For what purpose does Carr propose that he and Cecily go to lunch?
(a) So he can show her his Dada poetry.
(b) So he can tell her the truth about Jack.
(c) So she can tell him about Lenin.
(d) So she can reform him.
8. Whose poetry does Tzara attempt the dismember for Gwendolen in this section?
9. According to Carr, what likely happened around the same time as Das Kapital was published?
(a) Britain became the dominent manufacturing state.
(b) The worker officially became alienated form his labor.
(c) The capitalist system began improving.
(d) Europe lost interest in socialism.
10. How does Carr describe his trial against Joyce at the end of Act 1?
(a) An epic battle.
(b) A fait accompli.
(c) A travesty.
(d) A kangaroo court.
11. In this section, Tzara tells Gwen that her most perfect attribute is her what?
12. What is the name of the man in whose house Lenin stay in Zurich?
13. According to Carr, why was Marx wrong in his assessment of capitalism?
(a) He was ill-educated.
(b) He was writing during the Industrial Revolution.
(c) He has never invested in a major company.
(d) He was writing from a foriegn perspective.
14. Which of the following is not a title that Joyce attaches to Odysseus in this section?
15. On what day is the Zurich Library closed?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Tzara, Huelsenbeck wanted to connect Dadaism to what other movement?
2. During his introduction in the beginning of this section, what is the only thing that Carr says he knows of Joyce?
3. Where are Lenin and Nadya when the war breaks out?
4. What object does Lenin accidentally strike when he slams his fist on Cecily's desk?
5. What novel by Tolstoy does Lenin especially admire?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)