|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what town is the most famous photo of Lenin taken?
(a) St. Petersburg.
2. According to Bennett in this section, what are the new odds against Lenin's success?
(a) 10 to 1.
(b) 10,000 to 1.
(c) 1,000 to 1.
(d) 100 to 1.
3. What problematic attribute makes finding two Swedes for Lenin particularly difficult?
(a) They must speak Russian.
(b) They must be twins.
(c) They must be deaf-mute.
(d) They must have only one arm each.
4. What new information does Cecily reveal about Bennett in this section?
(a) He is a Bolshevik sympathizer.
(b) He is an amateur poet.
(c) He is a spy.
(d) He has fled to Serbia.
5. What is the word on the first strip of paper that Tzara draws for Gwen's poem?
6. Who is the the Prime Minister of England in 1917?
(d) Lloyd George.
7. From what type of dictionary does Tzara claim the word Dada was taken?
8. What role from The Importance of Being Earnest does Carr actually play?
(b) Lady Bracknell.
9. What did Lenin do during a major famine in Russia?
(c) Wrote his first book.
(d) Organized soup kitchens.
10. What Russian writer's name is Carr unable to pronounce at the end of this section?
11. To whom does Tzara credit the creation of Dada?
12. During his introduction in the beginning of this section, what is the only thing that Carr says he knows of Joyce?
(a) His reputation.
(b) His hometown.
(c) His work.
(d) His name.
13. In Lenin's poorly-remembered speech in this section, what does losing two revolutions look like?
14. According to a speech at the Zurich People's House in 1917, what does Lenin think his role will be in the major battles of the Russian Revolution?
(a) He will die at the barricades.
(b) He will not live to see them.
(c) He will return to Russia to lead them.
(d) He will remain clear of them.
15. What profession does Lenin's attire suggest when he enters in Act 2?
(a) A parson.
(b) A porter.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day is the Zurich Library closed?
2. What composer's music reduces Lenin to tears int his section?
3. Who does Gwen leave to tell of her engagement to Tzara?
4. What Shakespearean lady has Carr played at Eton?
5. After what French writer do the Dadaists name their Cabaret at the Meierei Bar?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)