|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Carr end up giving Joyce in this section?
(a) 10 pounds.
(b) 5 pounds.
(c) 2 pounds.
(d) 14 pounds.
2. What profession does Lenin's attire suggest when he enters in Act 2?
(a) A parson.
(b) A porter.
(c) A banker.
(d) A doctor.
3. As an artist, to what does Joyce tell Carr he attaches no importance?
(c) Good taste.
4. What two countries are attempting to prevent Lenin's entry to Russia?
(a) Germany and Serbia.
(b) Belgium and France.
(c) Britain and France.
(d) Germany and Italy.
5. When he finally explodes at Joyce, into what does Tzara say the writer has turned literature?
(a) A religion.
(b) A political tool.
6. In this section, Tzara tells Gwen that her most perfect attribute is her what?
7. What Shakespearean lady has Carr played at Eton?
(a) Lady Macbeth.
8. Whose poetry does Tzara attempt the dismember for Gwendolen in this section?
9. To whom does Tzara credit the creation of Dada?
10. In this section, Lenin proclaims that no freedom can be achieved in a society based on what?
11. What novel by Tolstoy does Lenin especially admire?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) Anna Karenina.
12. At a meeting of Russian emigres in Zurich, though what country do the Russians discuss passing to return to their homeland?
13. From what type of dictionary does Tzara claim the word Dada was taken?
14. In this section, what action does Tzara publicly state he will never do again?
(a) Return to the Library.
(b) Shake his brother's hand.
(d) Lie to Cecily or Lenin.
15. What accessory does Lenin intend to wear as he steals out of Switzerland?
(a) A wig.
(c) A cape.
(d) Face bandages.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cecily, what is the sole purpose of art?
2. After what French writer do the Dadaists name their Cabaret at the Meierei Bar?
3. What did Lenin do during a major famine in Russia?
4. In what town is the most famous photo of Lenin taken?
5. What is the word on the first strip of paper that Tzara draws for Gwen's poem?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)