|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what purpose does Carr propose that he and Cecily go to lunch?
(a) So he can show her his Dada poetry.
(b) So she can reform him.
(c) So he can tell her the truth about Jack.
(d) So she can tell him about Lenin.
2. What novel by Tolstoy does Lenin especially admire?
(a) War and Peace.
(c) Anna Karenina.
3. In this section, Tzara tells Gwen that her most perfect attribute is her what?
4. What is covering Joyce when he returns to the scene to speak with Tzara?
(b) A sheet.
(d) Slips of paper.
5. According to Carr, why was Marx wrong in his assessment of capitalism?
(a) He has never invested in a major company.
(b) He was ill-educated.
(c) He was writing during the Industrial Revolution.
(d) He was writing from a foriegn perspective.
6. Which of the following is not a specific art movement that Lenin decries as incomprehensible in this section?
7. In 1917, who is about to join the Allies in the war?
8. According to a speech at the Zurich People's House in 1917, what does Lenin think his role will be in the major battles of the Russian Revolution?
(a) He will return to Russia to lead them.
(b) He will not live to see them.
(c) He will die at the barricades.
(d) He will remain clear of them.
9. Where are Lenin and Nadya when the war breaks out?
10. How much money does Joyce request of Carr after the play for tickets?
(a) 25 francs.
(b) 20 francs.
(c) 10 francs.
(d) 15 francs.
11. What Russian writer's name is Carr unable to pronounce at the end of this section?
12. According to Bennett in this section, what are the new odds against Lenin's success?
(a) 100 to 1.
(b) 1,000 to 1.
(c) 10 to 1.
(d) 10,000 to 1.
13. In this section, Cecily say that when the history of the revolution is written, what will not loom large in it?
(b) The Kerensky government.
(d) Her name.
14. After what French writer do the Dadaists name their Cabaret at the Meierei Bar?
15. In Lenin's poorly-remembered speech in this section, what does losing two revolutions look like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What affliction does Joyce confess to having at the beginning of this section?
2. Who does Gwen leave to tell of her engagement to Tzara?
3. When did Cecily fall in love with Carr?
4. To whom does Tzara credit the creation of Dada?
5. Why does Cecily dislike Oscar WIlde?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)