|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what does Tzara announce defiantly that he spits?
(c) The classics.
(d) Joyce's novel.
2. According to Gwen in this section, what does Tzara do in addiction to writing poetry?
(a) He paints.
(b) He teaches art history.
(c) He dances.
(d) He sculpts.
3. What color does Carr recall Lenin's eyes being?
4. In what year does Carr recall he was acquainted with Joyce, Lenin, and Tzara?
5. What does Carr wish to match in choosing a red cravat?
(a) The union jack.
(b) His date's dress.
(c) His carnation.
(d) His cumberbund.
6. Which of the following Dada artists in not mentioned by mentioned by Carr in his monologue?
7. What sound effect does Stoppard recommend to accompany time slips in the play?
(a) A cuckoo clock chime.
(b) A tuba blast.
(c) A shattering of glass.
(d) A thunder clap.
8. What does the British government request of Carr int his section?
(a) That he return to London.
(b) That he return to the front.
(c) That he allow Lenin passage out of Switzerland.
(d) That he spy on Lenin.
9. According to Tzara, how do Communists like their art?
10. What is Carr's first name?
11. What two items are mentioned several times in this section as part of a time slip?
(a) Cufflinks and studs.
(b) Ties and ascots.
(c) Newspapers and telegrams.
(d) Fruits and cheeses.
12. What news does Nadya deliver to Lenin in the beginning of the play?
(a) The revolution has begun in St. Petersburg.
(b) Trotsky has been exiled from Russia.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) The czar has abdicated.
13. Where on his body was Carr wounded in the war?
(a) His leg.
(b) His foot.
(c) His hindquarters.
(d) His shoulder.
14. What two characters believe Tzara's first name is Jack?
(a) Joyce and Gwen.
(b) Carr and Gwen.
(c) Cecily and Lenin.
(d) Carr and Bennet.
15. In what country were Joyce and his wife when the war started?
Short Answer Questions
1. What art movement is born our of the Meierei Bar in Zurich?
2. What did Tzara leave in Carr's drawing room on his last visit?
3. Which of the following figures is not among the attendees Carr jokingly names for the Social Democrats for Civil War in Europe meeting?
4. To which "misfortune" does Carr refer in this section, regarding Tristan Tzara (14)?
5. What article of clothing does Bannett mention specifically when describing Tzara to Carr?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)