|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tzara say Cecily is studying the great poets?
(b) In order of importance.
2. Citing Karl Marx in this section, Bennett states that there is no way for a country to transition seamlessly from autocracy to what?
3. In mistakenly recalling Lenin's appearance, what regional appearance does Carr say he bears?
(a) The Orient.
(b) South America.
4. Which character shushes the other characters onstage in the first scene of the play?
5. According to Gwen in this section, what does Tzara do in addiction to writing poetry?
(a) He teaches art history.
(b) He paints.
(c) He dances.
(d) He sculpts.
6. In what two locations does the play take place?
(a) A library and a theatre.
(b) A train station and a room.
(c) A room and a library.
(d) A theatre and a train station.
7. What is the only driving force of war, according to Tzara?
8. Against what does Carr's historical winner bet sixpence?
(a) Franz Ferdinand,
(c) The Titanic.
9. At the beginning of this section, what does Carr tell Bennett is completely absent from Switzerland?
(d) News journals.
10. As what does Carr theorize that Tzara is trying to pass?
(a) An artist.
(b) A spy.
(c) An actor.
(d) A duke.
11. What does the Dada artist entitle the work that consists of his name in the snow?
(b) The Alps.
(d) Journey's End.
12. How many bottles of champagne have gone missing under Bennett's watch?
13. What article of clothing does Bannett mention specifically when describing Tzara to Carr?
(b) Top hat.
(d) Bow tie.
14. The Zimmerwaldists believe the workers of the world need to oppose what?
(a) The war.
(b) The Communists.
(c) Capitalist exploitation.
15. What masterwork is Joyce in the process of write when he and Carr are acquainted?
(a) The Dubliners.
(b) Finnegan's Wake.
(d) Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what object is Tzara drawing slips of paper in the beginning of the play?
2. What two colors does Carr theorize that Joyce's smoking jacket might have been?
3. Which of the following Dada artists in not mentioned by mentioned by Carr in his monologue?
4. By his own estimation, what makes Tzara an artist?
5. For what occasion is Carr dressing in this section?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)