|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this section, Carr and Tzara cannot decide between which two countries as to which they are defending?
(a) Serbia and France.
(b) France and Germany.
(c) Germany and Belgium.
(d) Belguim and Serbia.
2. To what does Carr compare being an artist in his rebuttal to Tzara?
(a) Building cabinets.
3. According to Marx's theories, what must the Marxist embrace temporarily in order to eventually have a proletarian state?
(a) The Germans.
(b) Anarchic violence.
(c) A bourgeois revolution.
(d) A dictatorship.
4. At the beginning of this section, what does Carr tell Bennett is completely absent from Switzerland?
(c) News journals.
5. Due to a clerical error on his birth certificate, what if James Joyce's legal middle name?
6. How much money does Bennett say he'd bet on Lenin to succeed in Russia?
(a) 1 pound.
(b) 50 shillings.
(c) 5 pounds.
(d) 1 shilling.
7. In describing his trenches experience in this section, Carr says he ruined several what?
(a) First edition Trollopes.
(d) Pairs of trousers.
8. What does the British government request of Carr int his section?
(a) That he spy on Lenin.
(b) That he return to London.
(c) That he allow Lenin passage out of Switzerland.
(d) That he return to the front.
9. How many bottles of champagne have gone missing under Bennett's watch?
10. What does the Dada artist entitle the work that consists of his name in the snow?
(b) The Alps.
(c) Journey's End.
11. Bennett, at the end of this section, says that the British believe the most important Russian leader is still whom?
(c) Czar Nicholas.
12. What two colors does Carr theorize that Joyce's smoking jacket might have been?
(a) Maroon or pink.
(b) Brown or grey.
(c) Blue or purple.
(d) Gold or taupe.
13. In what year was Lenin forced into exile from Russia?
14. Which of the following figures is not among the attendees Carr jokingly names for the Social Democrats for Civil War in Europe meeting?
(a) Lenin's wife.
(d) A police spy.
15. What term for Germans is Carr unfamiliar with before entering the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What character from the play has left his card with Bennett?
2. Which of the following locations is not mentioned by Carr as he describes the horrors of the First World War?
3. To what country's system of government does Bennett compare the anticipate Russian state at the end of his explanation of Marxist?
4. To what symbol of nonviolence does Carr compare Switzerland in his monologue?
5. What object does Tzara say man would be without art?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)