Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Dada artist entitle the work that consists of his name in the snow?
(a) Journey's End.
(b) The Alps.
2. When Bennett states that a social revolution has occurred in Russia, what activity does Carr assume this involves?
(a) Soldiers protesting.
(b) Peasants reading.
(c) Women smoking.
(d) Nuns copulating.
3. Due to a clerical error on his birth certificate, what if James Joyce's legal middle name?
4. What term for Germans is Carr unfamiliar with before entering the war?
5. What does the British government request of Carr int his section?
(a) That he allow Lenin passage out of Switzerland.
(b) That he return to the front.
(c) That he return to London.
(d) That he spy on Lenin.
6. What is the topic of Lenin's new book?
(a) The free market.
(b) The war.
(c) The Armenian genocide.
7. Which of the following Dada artists in not mentioned by mentioned by Carr in his monologue?
8. According to Carr, what was always apparent in Joyce's personality?
(a) His genius.
(b) His Irishness.
(c) His profligacy.
(d) His shyness.
9. For what purpose does Joyce say he needs money from Carr?
(a) To pay off a debt.
(b) To send his manuscript to Ireland.
(c) To mount a play.
(d) To afford a ring for Gwen.
10. What precious stone is in Carr's preferred studs?
11. According to Tzara, how do Communists like their art?
12. Which of the following figures is not among the attendees Carr jokingly names for the Social Democrats for Civil War in Europe meeting?
(a) Lenin's wife.
(c) A police spy.
13. What does Carr wish to match in choosing a red cravat?
(a) His date's dress.
(b) His cumberbund.
(c) His carnation.
(d) The union jack.
14. How many times does Joyce instruct Gwen to repeat his dictation in the text?
(b) 3 times.
(c) 10 times.
(d) 5 times.
15. How does Tzara say Cecily is studying the great poets?
(c) In order of importance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not enter at the beginning of this section?
2. What article of clothing does Bannett mention specifically when describing Tzara to Carr?
3. To what does Carr compare being an artist in his rebuttal to Tzara?
4. In mistakenly recalling Lenin's appearance, what regional appearance does Carr say he bears?
5. Against what does Carr's historical winner bet sixpence?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)