|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two items are mentioned several times in this section as part of a time slip?
(a) Fruits and cheeses.
(b) Cufflinks and studs.
(c) Ties and ascots.
(d) Newspapers and telegrams.
2. What article of clothing does Bannett mention specifically when describing Tzara to Carr?
(c) Top hat.
(d) Bow tie.
3. In what year was Lenin forced into exile from Russia?
4. What art movement is born our of the Meierei Bar in Zurich?
(b) Abstract Expressionism.
5. To what does Carr compare being an artist in his rebuttal to Tzara?
(a) Building cabinets.
6. In this section, Carr and Tzara cannot decide between which two countries as to which they are defending?
(a) Serbia and France.
(b) France and Germany.
(c) Germany and Belgium.
(d) Belguim and Serbia.
7. What name has Carr been given for Gwen's chaperon?
8. The Zimmerwaldists believe the workers of the world need to oppose what?
(b) The war.
(c) Capitalist exploitation.
(d) The Communists.
9. Which of the following locations is not mentioned by Carr as he describes the horrors of the First World War?
10. According to Carr, what sensation is created by the many punctual clocks in Zurich?
11. What does Joyce announce that he intends to do before leaving the room in this section?
(a) Prepare for The Importance of Being Earnest.
(b) Meet Gwen.
(c) Take a leisurely walk.
(d) Work on Ulysses.
12. Upon what does Tzara announce defiantly that he spits?
(c) The classics.
(d) Joyce's novel.
13. What sound effect does Stoppard recommend to accompany time slips in the play?
(a) A shattering of glass.
(b) A thunder clap.
(c) A cuckoo clock chime.
(d) A tuba blast.
14. How many times does Joyce instruct Gwen to repeat his dictation in the text?
(b) 5 times.
(c) 10 times.
(d) 3 times.
15. According to Tzara, what is out of fashion since the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where on his body was Carr wounded in the war?
2. What is the profession of the man who has Lenin as a tenant, according to Carr?
3. What does Carr wish to match in choosing a red cravat?
4. According to Tzara, how do Communists like their art?
5. What character from the play has left his card with Bennett?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)