|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Carr when he heard about the offset of the First World War?
(b) Saville Row.
2. When Bennett states that a social revolution has occurred in Russia, what activity does Carr assume this involves?
(a) Nuns copulating.
(b) Women smoking.
(c) Peasants reading.
(d) Soldiers protesting.
3. The Zimmerwaldists believe the workers of the world need to oppose what?
(a) The Communists.
(b) The war.
(c) Capitalist exploitation.
4. What name has Carr been given for Gwen's chaperon?
5. What is the topic of Lenin's new book?
(a) The war.
(c) The Armenian genocide.
(d) The free market.
6. In mistakenly recalling Lenin's appearance, what regional appearance does Carr say he bears?
(b) South America.
(d) The Orient.
7. According to Carr, what sensation is created by the many punctual clocks in Zurich?
8. What is the profession of the man who has Lenin as a tenant, according to Carr?
(a) A cobbler.
(b) A mason.
(c) A banker.
(d) A musician.
9. What does the British government request of Carr int his section?
(a) That he return to the front.
(b) That he return to London.
(c) That he allow Lenin passage out of Switzerland.
(d) That he spy on Lenin.
10. Which of the following facts does Carr announce is not open to correction at the end of his monologue?
(a) His prowess as a lover.
(b) His name.
(c) His politics.
(d) His height.
11. What does Carr wish to match in choosing a red cravat?
(a) The union jack.
(b) His cumberbund.
(c) His date's dress.
(d) His carnation.
12. Which of the following Dada artists in not mentioned by mentioned by Carr in his monologue?
13. In describing his trenches experience in this section, Carr says he ruined several what?
(c) First edition Trollopes.
(d) Pairs of trousers.
14. What sound effect does Stoppard recommend to accompany time slips in the play?
(a) A shattering of glass.
(b) A thunder clap.
(c) A tuba blast.
(d) A cuckoo clock chime.
15. According to Carr, what is the name of the street in Zurich on which both Lenin's lodging and Meierei bar were located?
Short Answer Questions
1. What precious stone is in Carr's preferred studs?
2. For what purpose does Joyce say he needs money from Carr?
3. To which "misfortune" does Carr refer in this section, regarding Tristan Tzara (14)?
4. For what occasion is Carr dressing in this section?
5. What article of clothing does Bannett mention specifically when describing Tzara to Carr?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)