|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As what does Carr theorize that Tzara is trying to pass?
(a) A duke.
(b) An artist.
(c) A spy.
(d) An actor.
2. What term for Germans is Carr unfamiliar with before entering the war?
3. What name has Carr been given for Gwen's chaperon?
4. What two colors does Carr theorize that Joyce's smoking jacket might have been?
(a) Maroon or pink.
(b) Blue or purple.
(c) Brown or grey.
(d) Gold or taupe.
5. In this section, Carr and Tzara cannot decide between which two countries as to which they are defending?
(a) Serbia and France.
(b) Belguim and Serbia.
(c) Germany and Belgium.
(d) France and Germany.
6. Where on his body was Carr wounded in the war?
(a) His leg.
(b) His hindquarters.
(c) His foot.
(d) His shoulder.
7. To what does Carr compare being an artist in his rebuttal to Tzara?
(a) Building cabinets.
8. When Bennett states that a social revolution has occurred in Russia, what activity does Carr assume this involves?
(a) Nuns copulating.
(b) Peasants reading.
(c) Women smoking.
(d) Soldiers protesting.
9. Where is Joyce buried at the time thhat the Old Carr speaks in this section?
10. What is the topic of Lenin's new book?
(a) The free market.
(b) The Armenian genocide.
(c) The war.
11. Which of the following figures is not among the attendees Carr jokingly names for the Social Democrats for Civil War in Europe meeting?
(b) Lenin's wife.
(d) A police spy.
12. According to Carr in this section, what activity was not encouraged or expressly forbidden in the British Consular Service?
(b) Culinary pursuits.
13. What does the Dada artist entitle the work that consists of his name in the snow?
(c) The Alps.
(d) Journey's End.
14. According to Marx's theories, what must the Marxist embrace temporarily in order to eventually have a proletarian state?
(a) A dictatorship.
(b) Anarchic violence.
(c) The Germans.
(d) A bourgeois revolution.
15. What did Tzara leave in Carr's drawing room on his last visit?
(a) His cigarette case.
(b) A bar tab.
(c) A French phrasebook.
(d) His library card.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound effect does Stoppard recommend to accompany time slips in the play?
2. According to Carr, what is the name of the street in Zurich on which both Lenin's lodging and Meierei bar were located?
3. What object does Tzara say man would be without art?
4. According to Gwen in this section, what does Tzara do in addiction to writing poetry?
5. What does Bennett think are the odds against Lenin prevailing in Russia?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)