|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this section, Carr and Tzara cannot decide between which two countries as to which they are defending?
(a) Germany and Belgium.
(b) Belguim and Serbia.
(c) Serbia and France.
(d) France and Germany.
2. What two items are mentioned several times in this section as part of a time slip?
(a) Fruits and cheeses.
(b) Cufflinks and studs.
(c) Newspapers and telegrams.
(d) Ties and ascots.
3. What term for Germans is Carr unfamiliar with before entering the war?
4. When Bennett states that a social revolution has occurred in Russia, what activity does Carr assume this involves?
(a) Peasants reading.
(b) Women smoking.
(c) Soldiers protesting.
(d) Nuns copulating.
5. What article of clothing does Carr mention is the focus of the lawsuit between Joyce and him?
(a) A hat.
(b) A cravat.
(d) A wescot.
6. From what object is Tzara drawing slips of paper in the beginning of the play?
(a) His jacket.
(b) A cub.
(c) A folder.
(d) A hat.
7. What decision by Russia's provincial government enrages the Soviets in this section?
(a) It signs a nonaggression treaty with Serbia.
(b) It gives amnesty to the czar and his family.
(c) It arrests the Bolshevik leadership.
(d) It stays involved in the war.
8. What is the topic of Lenin's new book?
(a) The free market.
(c) The war.
(d) The Armenian genocide.
9. How does Tzara say Cecily is studying the great poets?
(b) In order of importance.
10. To what country's system of government does Bennett compare the anticipate Russian state at the end of his explanation of Marxist?
11. To what does Carr compare being an artist in his rebuttal to Tzara?
(b) Building cabinets.
12. In what year does Carr recall he was acquainted with Joyce, Lenin, and Tzara?
13. At the beginning of this section, what does Carr tell Bennett is completely absent from Switzerland?
(a) News journals.
14. To what object does Carr liken the First World War as he describes Switzerland at the end of his monologue?
(a) A bull.
(b) A wheel.
(c) A scale.
(d) A hurricane.
15. In mistakenly recalling Lenin's appearance, what regional appearance does Carr say he bears?
(a) The Orient.
(d) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Carr in this section, what activity was not encouraged or expressly forbidden in the British Consular Service?
2. Upon what does Tzara announce defiantly that he spits?
3. What does Joyce announce that he intends to do before leaving the room in this section?
4. What article of clothing does Bannett mention specifically when describing Tzara to Carr?
5. What does Bennett think are the odds against Lenin prevailing in Russia?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)