|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of the man who has Lenin as a tenant, according to Carr?
(a) A banker.
(b) A mason.
(c) A musician.
(d) A cobbler.
2. What two items are mentioned several times in this section as part of a time slip?
(a) Cufflinks and studs.
(b) Fruits and cheeses.
(c) Ties and ascots.
(d) Newspapers and telegrams.
3. Citing Karl Marx in this section, Bennett states that there is no way for a country to transition seamlessly from autocracy to what?
4. Against what does Carr's historical winner bet sixpence?
(a) The Titanic.
(c) Franz Ferdinand,
5. What is the only driving force of war, according to Tzara?
6. How much money does Bennett say he'd bet on Lenin to succeed in Russia?
(a) 1 shilling.
(b) 5 pounds.
(c) 50 shillings.
(d) 1 pound.
7. How does the style of dialogue change as the new characters enter in this section?
(a) Everyone speaks in French.
(b) Everyone speaks only with the word "dada".
(c) Everyone speaks in pantomime.
(d) Everyone speaks in limericks.
8. According to Tzara, how do Communists like their art?
9. What color does Carr recall Lenin's eyes being?
10. From what Irish town does Carr announce James Joyce did not hale?
11. According to Carr in this section, what activity was not encouraged or expressly forbidden in the British Consular Service?
(d) Culinary pursuits.
12. For what occasion is Carr dressing in this section?
(a) A date.
(b) A diplomatic banquet.
(c) The theatre.
(d) A wedding.
13. According to the Bolsheviks, how long should the bourgeois-capitalist democracy last in Russia?
(a) A year.
(b) Four months.
(c) It should not exist
(d) A few days.
14. According to Tzara, what is out of fashion since the war?
15. In this section, Carr and Tzara cannot decide between which two countries as to which they are defending?
(a) Belguim and Serbia.
(b) France and Germany.
(c) Germany and Belgium.
(d) Serbia and France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following Dada artists in not mentioned by mentioned by Carr in his monologue?
2. What name has Carr been given for Gwen's chaperon?
3. From what object is Tzara drawing slips of paper in the beginning of the play?
4. Where was Carr when he heard about the offset of the First World War?
5. What sound effect does Stoppard recommend to accompany time slips in the play?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)