|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bennett, at the end of this section, says that the British believe the most important Russian leader is still whom?
(d) Czar Nicholas.
2. What does the Dada artist entitle the work that consists of his name in the snow?
(c) Journey's End.
(d) The Alps.
3. To which "misfortune" does Carr refer in this section, regarding Tristan Tzara (14)?
(a) He is Romanian.
(b) He was wounded in the war.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) He has lost his wife.
4. The Zimmerwaldists believe the workers of the world need to oppose what?
(b) The war.
(c) Capitalist exploitation.
(d) The Communists.
5. Which of the following figures is not among the attendees Carr jokingly names for the Social Democrats for Civil War in Europe meeting?
(b) A police spy.
(d) Lenin's wife.
6. Where on his body was Carr wounded in the war?
(a) His shoulder.
(b) His hindquarters.
(c) His foot.
(d) His leg.
7. What object does Tzara say man would be without art?
(a) A grain silo.
(b) A thresher.
(c) A turnstile.
(d) A coffee-grinder.
8. What masterwork is Joyce in the process of write when he and Carr are acquainted?
(b) Finnegan's Wake.
(c) The Dubliners.
(d) Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man.
9. What does Carr wish to match in choosing a red cravat?
(a) His cumberbund.
(b) His date's dress.
(c) The union jack.
(d) His carnation.
10. How many bottles of champagne have gone missing under Bennett's watch?
11. What objects are inadvertently interposed int he beginning of the play?
(a) Two passports.
(b) Two hats.
(c) Two folders.
(d) Two books.
12. About what Swiss food does Carr state Rochefoucauld complained?
(a) Swiss pastries.
(b) Swiss goat milk.
(c) Swiss cheese.
(d) Swiss chocolate.
13. In mistakenly recalling Lenin's appearance, what regional appearance does Carr say he bears?
(c) South America.
(d) The Orient.
14. Which of the following is not a term that Carr shouts at Tzara when he loses his temper in this section?
15. What did Tzara leave in Carr's drawing room on his last visit?
(a) His cigarette case.
(b) His library card.
(c) A bar tab.
(d) A French phrasebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what object is Tzara drawing slips of paper in the beginning of the play?
2. Which of the following locations is not mentioned by Carr as he describes the horrors of the First World War?
3. What article of clothing does Carr mention is the focus of the lawsuit between Joyce and him?
4. What two characters believe Tzara's first name is Jack?
5. In what year was Lenin forced into exile from Russia?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)