|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Carr recall he was acquainted with Joyce, Lenin, and Tzara?
2. What does Carr wish to match in choosing a red cravat?
(a) The union jack.
(b) His cumberbund.
(c) His date's dress.
(d) His carnation.
3. What term for Germans is Carr unfamiliar with before entering the war?
4. What is the profession of the man who has Lenin as a tenant, according to Carr?
(a) A banker.
(b) A musician.
(c) A mason.
(d) A cobbler.
5. According to Gwen in this section, what does Tzara do in addiction to writing poetry?
(a) He paints.
(b) He teaches art history.
(c) He sculpts.
(d) He dances.
6. According to Tzara, how do Communists like their art?
7. According to Carr in this section, what activity was not encouraged or expressly forbidden in the British Consular Service?
(b) Culinary pursuits.
8. In this section Carr comments that is entirely reasonable for the exploited classes of Russia to turn against whom?
(a) Their servants.
(c) Their spouses.
(d) The government.
9. How does Tzara say Cecily is studying the great poets?
(b) In order of importance.
10. Whose dropped writings does Joyce pick up in the first scene of the play?
11. What color does Carr recall Lenin's eyes being?
12. What did Tzara leave in Carr's drawing room on his last visit?
(a) His cigarette case.
(b) His library card.
(c) A bar tab.
(d) A French phrasebook.
13. To what symbol of nonviolence does Carr compare Switzerland in his monologue?
(a) A plowshare.
(b) An olive branch.
(c) A dove.
(d) A white flag.
14. How much money does Bennett say he'd bet on Lenin to succeed in Russia?
(a) 1 shilling.
(b) 1 pound.
(c) 50 shillings.
(d) 5 pounds.
15. From what Irish town does Carr announce James Joyce did not hale?
Short Answer Questions
1. Against what does Carr's historical winner bet sixpence?
2. Which of the following Dada artists in not mentioned by mentioned by Carr in his monologue?
3. In this section, Carr and Tzara cannot decide between which two countries as to which they are defending?
4. What does the British government request of Carr int his section?
5. What "modish novelty" does Carr disapprove of in Bennett (14)?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)