|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this section, Carr and Tzara cannot decide between which two countries as to which they are defending?
(a) Germany and Belgium.
(b) Serbia and France.
(c) Belguim and Serbia.
(d) France and Germany.
2. What is the topic of Lenin's new book?
(a) The Armenian genocide.
(b) The war.
(d) The free market.
3. What sound effect does Stoppard recommend to accompany time slips in the play?
(a) A shattering of glass.
(b) A cuckoo clock chime.
(c) A thunder clap.
(d) A tuba blast.
4. What name has Carr been given for Gwen's chaperon?
5. By his own estimation, what makes Tzara an artist?
(a) He is innately creative.
(b) He says he is.
(c) He is Romanian.
(d) He creates beauty.
6. What masterwork is Joyce in the process of write when he and Carr are acquainted?
(b) Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man.
(c) The Dubliners.
(d) Finnegan's Wake.
7. From what Irish town does Carr announce James Joyce did not hale?
8. What objects are inadvertently interposed int he beginning of the play?
(a) Two passports.
(b) Two hats.
(c) Two books.
(d) Two folders.
9. What two colors does Carr theorize that Joyce's smoking jacket might have been?
(a) Maroon or pink.
(b) Brown or grey.
(c) Blue or purple.
(d) Gold or taupe.
10. According to Carr, what sensation is created by the many punctual clocks in Zurich?
11. What is Carr's first name?
12. How does Tzara say Cecily is studying the great poets?
(a) In order of importance.
13. What detail of the Russian Revolution is not mentioned by Bennett in this section?
(a) The murder of the royal family.
(b) The appropriation of the term Soviet.
(c) The ascension of the Kerensky government.
(d) The abdication of the czar.
14. What object does Tzara say man would be without art?
(a) A thresher.
(b) A grain silo.
(c) A coffee-grinder.
(d) A turnstile.
15. What article of clothing does Bannett mention specifically when describing Tzara to Carr?
(c) Bow tie.
(d) Top hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character shushes the other characters onstage in the first scene of the play?
2. Which of the following is not a term that Carr shouts at Tzara when he loses his temper in this section?
3. Against what does Carr's historical winner bet sixpence?
4. What decision by Russia's provincial government enrages the Soviets in this section?
5. What does the Dada artist entitle the work that consists of his name in the snow?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)