|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What masterwork is Joyce in the process of write when he and Carr are acquainted?
(b) The Dubliners.
(c) Finnegan's Wake.
(d) Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man.
2. Upon what does Tzara announce defiantly that he spits?
(a) The classics.
(b) Joyce's novel.
3. What does Carr wish to match in choosing a red cravat?
(a) His carnation.
(b) The union jack.
(c) His cumberbund.
(d) His date's dress.
4. For what purpose does Joyce say he needs money from Carr?
(a) To mount a play.
(b) To afford a ring for Gwen.
(c) To pay off a debt.
(d) To send his manuscript to Ireland.
5. What two characters believe Tzara's first name is Jack?
(a) Carr and Gwen.
(b) Joyce and Gwen.
(c) Carr and Bennet.
(d) Cecily and Lenin.
6. According to Carr in this section, what activity was not encouraged or expressly forbidden in the British Consular Service?
(c) Culinary pursuits.
7. In what year was Lenin forced into exile from Russia?
8. Which of the following characters does not enter at the beginning of this section?
9. What article of clothing does Bannett mention specifically when describing Tzara to Carr?
(a) Top hat.
(d) Bow tie.
10. To what country's system of government does Bennett compare the anticipate Russian state at the end of his explanation of Marxist?
11. Which of the following figures is not among the attendees Carr jokingly names for the Social Democrats for Civil War in Europe meeting?
(c) Lenin's wife.
(d) A police spy.
12. What object does Tzara say man would be without art?
(a) A grain silo.
(b) A coffee-grinder.
(c) A thresher.
(d) A turnstile.
13. By his own estimation, what makes Tzara an artist?
(a) He is innately creative.
(b) He creates beauty.
(c) He says he is.
(d) He is Romanian.
14. How does Tzara say Cecily is studying the great poets?
(d) In order of importance.
15. According to Carr, what is the name of the street in Zurich on which both Lenin's lodging and Meierei bar were located?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Carr compare being an artist in his rebuttal to Tzara?
2. According to Gwen in this section, what does Tzara do in addiction to writing poetry?
3. In mistakenly recalling Lenin's appearance, what regional appearance does Carr say he bears?
4. What does Bennett think are the odds against Lenin prevailing in Russia?
5. What character from the play has left his card with Bennett?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)