|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what Irish town does Carr announce James Joyce did not hale?
2. Where is Joyce buried at the time thhat the Old Carr speaks in this section?
3. What is the profession of the man who has Lenin as a tenant, according to Carr?
(a) A musician.
(b) A mason.
(c) A cobbler.
(d) A banker.
4. For what occasion is Carr dressing in this section?
(a) A date.
(b) A diplomatic banquet.
(c) A wedding.
(d) The theatre.
5. Where on his body was Carr wounded in the war?
(a) His hindquarters.
(b) His foot.
(c) His shoulder.
(d) His leg.
6. Which character shushes the other characters onstage in the first scene of the play?
7. To what symbol of nonviolence does Carr compare Switzerland in his monologue?
(a) An olive branch.
(b) A white flag.
(c) A plowshare.
(d) A dove.
8. According to Tzara, what is out of fashion since the war?
9. In this section, Carr and Tzara cannot decide between which two countries as to which they are defending?
(a) Serbia and France.
(b) France and Germany.
(c) Germany and Belgium.
(d) Belguim and Serbia.
10. Where was Carr when he heard about the offset of the First World War?
(d) Saville Row.
11. In this section Carr comments that is entirely reasonable for the exploited classes of Russia to turn against whom?
(a) The government.
(b) Their spouses.
(d) Their servants.
12. In what year does Carr recall he was acquainted with Joyce, Lenin, and Tzara?
13. According to Marx's theories, what must the Marxist embrace temporarily in order to eventually have a proletarian state?
(a) The Germans.
(b) A bourgeois revolution.
(c) Anarchic violence.
(d) A dictatorship.
14. At the beginning of this section, what does Carr tell Bennett is completely absent from Switzerland?
(a) News journals.
15. According to Gwen in this section, what does Tzara do in addiction to writing poetry?
(a) He dances.
(b) He paints.
(c) He teaches art history.
(d) He sculpts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Nadya deliver to Lenin in the beginning of the play?
2. To which "misfortune" does Carr refer in this section, regarding Tristan Tzara (14)?
3. What "modish novelty" does Carr disapprove of in Bennett (14)?
4. What does Carr wish to match in choosing a red cravat?
5. Upon what does Tzara announce defiantly that he spits?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)