|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where on his body was Carr wounded in the war?
(a) His leg.
(b) His foot.
(c) His hindquarters.
(d) His shoulder.
2. What article of clothing does Carr mention is the focus of the lawsuit between Joyce and him?
(a) A cravat.
(b) A hat.
(c) A wescot.
3. In what year does Carr recall he was acquainted with Joyce, Lenin, and Tzara?
4. What masterwork is Joyce in the process of write when he and Carr are acquainted?
(a) Finnegan's Wake.
(c) The Dubliners.
(d) Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man.
5. What does Joyce announce that he intends to do before leaving the room in this section?
(a) Meet Gwen.
(b) Work on Ulysses.
(c) Take a leisurely walk.
(d) Prepare for The Importance of Being Earnest.
6. In what year was Lenin forced into exile from Russia?
7. Which of the following Dada artists in not mentioned by mentioned by Carr in his monologue?
8. According to Carr, what is the name of the street in Zurich on which both Lenin's lodging and Meierei bar were located?
9. How much money does Bennett say he'd bet on Lenin to succeed in Russia?
(a) 1 pound.
(b) 50 shillings.
(c) 1 shilling.
(d) 5 pounds.
10. Upon what does Tzara announce defiantly that he spits?
(a) Joyce's novel.
(b) The classics.
11. To what country's system of government does Bennett compare the anticipate Russian state at the end of his explanation of Marxist?
12. Whose dropped writings does Joyce pick up in the first scene of the play?
13. To what does Carr compare being an artist in his rebuttal to Tzara?
(d) Building cabinets.
14. To which "misfortune" does Carr refer in this section, regarding Tristan Tzara (14)?
(a) He is Romanian.
(b) He has lost his wife.
(c) He was wounded in the war.
(d) He is an artist.
15. Which of the following locations is not mentioned by Carr as he describes the horrors of the First World War?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two colors does Carr theorize that Joyce's smoking jacket might have been?
2. Which character shushes the other characters onstage in the first scene of the play?
3. To what object does Carr liken the First World War as he describes Switzerland at the end of his monologue?
4. What detail of the Russian Revolution is not mentioned by Bennett in this section?
5. What character from the play has left his card with Bennett?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)