|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Bolsheviks, how long should the bourgeois-capitalist democracy last in Russia?
(a) Four months.
(b) A year.
(c) It should not exist
(d) A few days.
2. What does Carr wish to match in choosing a red cravat?
(a) His cumberbund.
(b) His carnation.
(c) The union jack.
(d) His date's dress.
3. What two colors does Carr theorize that Joyce's smoking jacket might have been?
(a) Gold or taupe.
(b) Blue or purple.
(c) Brown or grey.
(d) Maroon or pink.
4. From what object is Tzara drawing slips of paper in the beginning of the play?
(a) A cub.
(b) His jacket.
(c) A folder.
(d) A hat.
5. What is the topic of Lenin's new book?
(a) The Armenian genocide.
(c) The war.
(d) The free market.
6. Which of the following locations is not mentioned by Carr as he describes the horrors of the First World War?
7. How many times does Joyce instruct Gwen to repeat his dictation in the text?
(a) 3 times.
(b) 5 times.
(d) 10 times.
8. How much money does Bennett say he'd bet on Lenin to succeed in Russia?
(a) 1 pound.
(b) 5 pounds.
(c) 50 shillings.
(d) 1 shilling.
9. What detail of the Russian Revolution is not mentioned by Bennett in this section?
(a) The abdication of the czar.
(b) The murder of the royal family.
(c) The appropriation of the term Soviet.
(d) The ascension of the Kerensky government.
10. Where is Joyce buried at the time thhat the Old Carr speaks in this section?
11. What news does Nadya deliver to Lenin in the beginning of the play?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) Trotsky has been exiled from Russia.
(c) The czar has abdicated.
(d) The revolution has begun in St. Petersburg.
12. What does Bennett think are the odds against Lenin prevailing in Russia?
(a) 1,000 to 1.
(b) 1 million to 1.
(c) 10,000 to 1.
(d) 1 billion to 1.
13. According to Carr, what sensation is created by the many punctual clocks in Zurich?
14. In mistakenly recalling Lenin's appearance, what regional appearance does Carr say he bears?
(b) South America.
(c) The Orient.
15. Where on his body was Carr wounded in the war?
(a) His hindquarters.
(b) His foot.
(c) His leg.
(d) His shoulder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose dropped writings does Joyce pick up in the first scene of the play?
2. The Zimmerwaldists believe the workers of the world need to oppose what?
3. What art movement is born our of the Meierei Bar in Zurich?
4. What objects are inadvertently interposed int he beginning of the play?
5. By his own estimation, what makes Tzara an artist?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)