Short Answer Key
Act 1, Part 1
1. In what two locations does the play take place?
A room and a library.
2. Which character is unassisted at the beginning of Act 1?
3. How many times does Joyce instruct Gwen to repeat his dictation in the text?
4. From what object is Tzara drawing slips of paper in the beginning of the play?
5. Which character shushes the other characters onstage in the first scene of the play?
6. What objects are inadvertently interposed int he beginning of the play?
7. What news does Nadya deliver to Lenin in the beginning of the play?
The revolution has begun in St. Petersburg.
8. Whose dropped writings does Joyce pick up in the first scene of the play?
9. What type of poem does Lenin declaim at the end of the first scene...
This section contains 2,627 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)