|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tzara leave in Carr's drawing room on his last visit?
(a) A bar tab.
(b) A French phrasebook.
(c) His cigarette case.
(d) His library card.
2. What sound effect does Stoppard recommend to accompany time slips in the play?
(a) A tuba blast.
(b) A shattering of glass.
(c) A thunder clap.
(d) A cuckoo clock chime.
3. From what type of dictionary does Tzara claim the word Dada was taken?
4. How much money does Carr end up giving Joyce in this section?
(a) 5 pounds.
(b) 10 pounds.
(c) 2 pounds.
(d) 14 pounds.
5. As what does Carr theorize that Tzara is trying to pass?
(a) A duke.
(b) An artist.
(c) An actor.
(d) A spy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many socialist ministers exist in West European governments in 1917?
2. What is Carr's first name?
3. How does Carr describe his trial against Joyce at the end of Act 1?
4. What object does Tzara say man would be without art?
5. What does Carr imagine Cecily doing as she berates him at the end of this section?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)