|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many languages can Joyce speak?
2. What two countries does Carr tell Cecily are the same in this section?
(a) Bulgaria and Romania.
(b) Russia and Germany.
(c) China and Mongolia.
(d) Albania and Montenegro.
3. What is Carr holding when he enters the scene of the two women arguing?
(a) His play trousers.
(b) Tzara's hat.
(c) A copy of Das Kapital.
(d) Cecily's folder.
4. Upon what Homeric episode was the chapter Gwen was supposed to type for Joyce based?
(a) Penelope's Tapestry.
(c) Scylla and Charybdis.
(d) The Oxen of the Sun.
5. When did Cecily fall in love with Carr?
(a) When he criticized Marx.
(b) When he came into the library.
(c) When Gwen mentioned her brother.
(d) When "Jack" mentioned his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whose grave does Carr repeatedly refer throughout the play?
2. In this section Carr comments that is entirely reasonable for the exploited classes of Russia to turn against whom?
3. On what day is the Zurich Library closed?
4. Thinking that he is Tristan Tzara, how does Cecily characterize Henry Carr when they meet in Act 2?
5. Bennett, at the end of this section, says that the British believe the most important Russian leader is still whom?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)