|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Tristan Tzara die?
2. According to Cecily, what is the sole purpose of art?
(a) To be burned.
(b) Social criticism.
(d) To be a commodity.
3. After what French writer do the Dadaists name their Cabaret at the Meierei Bar?
4. What movement is represented by the artist Mayakovsky in this section?
5. Why does Cecily forgive Carr's outburst in the library in this section?
(a) The reference section is about to close.
(b) The library is empty.
(c) She is about to quit her post as librarian.
(d) She is captivated by him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Joyce instruct Gwen to repeat his dictation in the text?
2. According to Carr in this section, what activity was not encouraged or expressly forbidden in the British Consular Service?
3. How many bottles of champagne have gone missing under Bennett's watch?
4. According to Gwen in this section, what does Tzara do in addiction to writing poetry?
5. According to Carr, what sensation is created by the many punctual clocks in Zurich?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)