|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tzara leave in Carr's drawing room on his last visit?
(a) A bar tab.
(b) His library card.
(c) His cigarette case.
(d) A French phrasebook.
2. What news does Nadya deliver to Lenin in the beginning of the play?
(a) The revolution has begun in St. Petersburg.
(b) The czar has abdicated.
(c) Trotsky has been exiled from Russia.
(d) She is pregnant.
3. About what Swiss food does Carr state Rochefoucauld complained?
(a) Swiss goat milk.
(b) Swiss chocolate.
(c) Swiss pastries.
(d) Swiss cheese.
4. What color does Carr recall Lenin's eyes being?
5. The Zimmerwaldists believe the workers of the world need to oppose what?
(a) The Communists.
(b) Capitalist exploitation.
(c) The war.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what object is Tzara drawing slips of paper in the beginning of the play?
2. To what symbol of nonviolence does Carr compare Switzerland in his monologue?
3. What article of clothing does Carr mention is the focus of the lawsuit between Joyce and him?
4. What art movement is born our of the Meierei Bar in Zurich?
5. How many times does Joyce instruct Gwen to repeat his dictation in the text?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)