|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Carr, what sensation is created by the many punctual clocks in Zurich?
2. What detail of the Russian Revolution is not mentioned by Bennett in this section?
(a) The ascension of the Kerensky government.
(b) The murder of the royal family.
(c) The appropriation of the term Soviet.
(d) The abdication of the czar.
3. When Bennett states that a social revolution has occurred in Russia, what activity does Carr assume this involves?
(a) Soldiers protesting.
(b) Nuns copulating.
(c) Peasants reading.
(d) Women smoking.
4. For what purpose does Joyce say he needs money from Carr?
(a) To afford a ring for Gwen.
(b) To pay off a debt.
(c) To mount a play.
(d) To send his manuscript to Ireland.
5. To what symbol of nonviolence does Carr compare Switzerland in his monologue?
(a) A dove.
(b) An olive branch.
(c) A plowshare.
(d) A white flag.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Tzara say man would be without art?
2. What objects are inadvertently interposed int he beginning of the play?
3. According to Marx's theories, what must the Marxist embrace temporarily in order to eventually have a proletarian state?
4. What two colors does Carr theorize that Joyce's smoking jacket might have been?
5. About what Swiss food does Carr state Rochefoucauld complained?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)