|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of this section, what does Carr tell Bennett is completely absent from Switzerland?
(d) News journals.
2. According to Marx's theories, what must the Marxist embrace temporarily in order to eventually have a proletarian state?
(a) The Germans.
(b) A bourgeois revolution.
(c) Anarchic violence.
(d) A dictatorship.
3. Whose dropped writings does Joyce pick up in the first scene of the play?
4. What type of poem does Lenin declaim at the end of the first scene of the play?
(a) A haiku.
(b) A sonnet.
(c) A heroic verse.
(d) A limerick.
5. How much money does Bennett say he'd bet on Lenin to succeed in Russia?
(a) 1 shilling.
(b) 1 pound.
(c) 5 pounds.
(d) 50 shillings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What masterwork is Joyce in the process of write when he and Carr are acquainted?
2. What objects are inadvertently interposed int he beginning of the play?
3. To what country's system of government does Bennett compare the anticipate Russian state at the end of his explanation of Marxist?
4. According to the Bolsheviks, how long should the bourgeois-capitalist democracy last in Russia?
5. In this section Carr comments that is entirely reasonable for the exploited classes of Russia to turn against whom?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)