|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character shushes the other characters onstage in the first scene of the play?
2. Where is Joyce buried at the time thhat the Old Carr speaks in this section?
3. To what symbol of nonviolence does Carr compare Switzerland in his monologue?
(a) A white flag.
(b) A plowshare.
(c) An olive branch.
(d) A dove.
4. In what year does Carr recall he was acquainted with Joyce, Lenin, and Tzara?
5. What does the Dada artist entitle the work that consists of his name in the snow?
(a) The Alps.
(d) Journey's End.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Carr recall Lenin's eyes being?
2. In mistakenly recalling Lenin's appearance, what regional appearance does Carr say he bears?
3. What article of clothing does Carr mention is the focus of the lawsuit between Joyce and him?
4. Which of the following Dada artists in not mentioned by mentioned by Carr in his monologue?
5. Which character is unassisted at the beginning of Act 1?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)