|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carr's first name?
2. What masterwork is Joyce in the process of write when he and Carr are acquainted?
(a) Finnegan's Wake.
(c) Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man.
(d) The Dubliners.
3. What objects are inadvertently interposed int he beginning of the play?
(a) Two folders.
(b) Two hats.
(c) Two books.
(d) Two passports.
4. What article of clothing does Carr mention is the focus of the lawsuit between Joyce and him?
(b) A cravat.
(c) A wescot.
(d) A hat.
5. According to Carr in this section, what activity was not encouraged or expressly forbidden in the British Consular Service?
(d) Culinary pursuits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Nadya deliver to Lenin in the beginning of the play?
2. What two colors does Carr theorize that Joyce's smoking jacket might have been?
3. Which of the following figures is not among the attendees Carr jokingly names for the Social Democrats for Civil War in Europe meeting?
4. What color does Carr recall Lenin's eyes being?
5. Which character shushes the other characters onstage in the first scene of the play?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)