|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two colors does Carr theorize that Joyce's smoking jacket might have been?
(a) Blue or purple.
(b) Brown or grey.
(c) Gold or taupe.
(d) Maroon or pink.
2. In mistakenly recalling Lenin's appearance, what regional appearance does Carr say he bears?
(b) South America.
(d) The Orient.
3. What masterwork is Joyce in the process of write when he and Carr are acquainted?
(a) The Dubliners.
(c) Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man.
(d) Finnegan's Wake.
4. Which of the following figures is not among the attendees Carr jokingly names for the Social Democrats for Civil War in Europe meeting?
(a) A police spy.
(b) Lenin's wife.
5. From what Irish town does Carr announce James Joyce did not hale?
Short Answer Questions
1. What objects are inadvertently interposed int he beginning of the play?
2. According to Carr, what was always apparent in Joyce's personality?
3. What does the Dada artist entitle the work that consists of his name in the snow?
4. From what object is Tzara drawing slips of paper in the beginning of the play?
5. According to Carr, what is the name of the street in Zurich on which both Lenin's lodging and Meierei bar were located?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)