|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following locations is not mentioned by Carr as he describes the horrors of the First World War?
2. What detail of the Russian Revolution is not mentioned by Bennett in this section?
(a) The appropriation of the term Soviet.
(b) The abdication of the czar.
(c) The ascension of the Kerensky government.
(d) The murder of the royal family.
3. To which "misfortune" does Carr refer in this section, regarding Tristan Tzara (14)?
(a) He was wounded in the war.
(b) He has lost his wife.
(c) He is Romanian.
(d) He is an artist.
4. What two items are mentioned several times in this section as part of a time slip?
(a) Fruits and cheeses.
(b) Cufflinks and studs.
(c) Ties and ascots.
(d) Newspapers and telegrams.
5. What "modish novelty" does Carr disapprove of in Bennett (14)?
(c) Amateur theatrics.
(d) Free association.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision by Russia's provincial government enrages the Soviets in this section?
2. Whose dropped writings does Joyce pick up in the first scene of the play?
3. What objects are inadvertently interposed int he beginning of the play?
4. How many bottles of champagne have gone missing under Bennett's watch?
5. For what occasion is Carr dressing in this section?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)