|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carr wish to match in choosing a red cravat?
(a) The union jack.
(b) His cumberbund.
(c) His date's dress.
(d) His carnation.
2. Which character is unassisted at the beginning of Act 1?
3. What sound effect does Stoppard recommend to accompany time slips in the play?
(a) A thunder clap.
(b) A shattering of glass.
(c) A tuba blast.
(d) A cuckoo clock chime.
4. What article of clothing does Carr mention is the focus of the lawsuit between Joyce and him?
(a) A hat.
(b) A cravat.
(c) A wescot.
5. What color does Carr recall Lenin's eyes being?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of the man who has Lenin as a tenant, according to Carr?
2. From what Irish town does Carr announce James Joyce did not hale?
3. How many bottles of champagne have gone missing under Bennett's watch?
4. To what object does Carr liken the First World War as he describes Switzerland at the end of his monologue?
5. Where was Carr when he heard about the offset of the First World War?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)