Act 1, Part 1
1. In what two locations does the play take place?
(a) A theatre and a train station.
(b) A train station and a room.
(c) A room and a library.
(d) A library and a theatre.
2. Which character is unassisted at the beginning of Act 1?
3. How many times does Joyce instruct Gwen to repeat his dictation in the text?
(a) 5 times.
(b) 3 times.
(d) 10 times.
4. From what object is Tzara drawing slips of paper in the beginning of the play?
(a) A cub.
(b) A folder.
(c) A hat.
(d) His jacket.
5. Which character shushes the other characters onstage in the first scene of the play?
6. What objects are inadvertently interposed int he beginning of the play?
(a) Two passports.
(b) Two hats.
(c) Two books.
(d) Two folders.
7. What news does Nadya deliver to Lenin in the beginning of the play?
(a) The revolution has begun in St. Petersburg.
(b) Trotsky has been exiled from Russia.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) The czar has abdicated.
This section contains 3,936 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)