|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what gadget is Rocinante equipped?
(a) Flashing lights
(b) A loudspeaker
(c) A siren
(d) A trick horn
2. What does Steinbeck stock up on at a country store?
(a) Liquor and beer
(b) Salty snacks
(c) Cookies and cupcakes
(d) Cold cuts
3. Where does Steinbeck stay in a motel on his second night?
4. What does Steinbeck pack that will never be used?
(a) 150 lbs. of books
(b) 5 decks of cards
(c) 150 magazines
(d) 150 postcards
5. Where does Steinbeck park his camper on his first night?
(a) Near a farmer's creek
(b) At a roadside rest stop
(c) In a woods
(d) At a trailer park
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steinbeck think of the hunters?
2. What have the doctors advised Steinbeck to do?
3. Steinbeck sees many ___________________ along his northeast route.
4. What is the first prerequisite for travelers?
5. In what direction does Steinbeck head on his first day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to disrupt the launch of Steinbeck's trip?
2. What are Steinbeck's musings on junk?
3. What angers Steinbeck about some neighboring boats anchored close to his just prior to the hurricane?
4. What is Steinbeck's explanation for the junk yards and garbage dumps surrounding the small towns and villages through which he passes?
5. What are Steinbeck's requirements for this state of journeying--or bumdom as he calls it?
6. What is Steinbeck's position on hunting?
7. Why are Steinbeck's friends concerned for his safety on the road?
8. What is so depressing about Steinbeck's stop in Bangor?
9. Describe Charley.
10. What misgivings does Steinbeck experience as the day of his departure approaches?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)