|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steinbeck call this state of journeying?
2. What does Steinbeck expect to experience on the road?
3. Where does Steinbeck park his camper on his first night?
(a) At a trailer park
(b) In a woods
(c) Near a farmer's creek
(d) At a roadside rest stop
4. With what was the vehicle outfitted?
(a) A GPS system
(b) A mattress on the floor
(c) A stereo system
(d) A CB radio
5. What is the heritage of the Canadians?
Short Answer Questions
1. What damages do Fayre Eleyne and Rocinante sustain?
2. What does Steinbeck say about the journey he is about to take?
3. What do some of the migrant families use for shelter?
4. What does Steinbeck think is the trouble with New England voices?
5. What happens when the eye of the storm passes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Steinbeck interjects humor into the book.
2. What is Steinbeck's explanation for the junk yards and garbage dumps surrounding the small towns and villages through which he passes?
3. What does Steinbeck encounter that particularly unnerves him?
4. What is Steinbeck's start date for his trip?
5. What is ironic about Steinbeck being an American writer?
6. Describe New England voices.
7. What are Steinbeck's requirements for this state of journeying--or bumdom as he calls it?
8. How does Steinbeck respond to his friends' concerns about the dangers of road travel?
9. Why does Steinbeck decide not to take a human traveling companion?
10. Describe some of the things that Steinbeck packs.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)