Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In additional to regionalism, what has Steinbeck noticed about America so far during his trip?
(a) Creative differences
(c) A spirit of giving
(d) A bland oneness
2. What does Steinbeck enjoy in Idaho?
(a) Snow-capped mountains
(c) Fly fishing
(d) Baked potatoes
3. What holiday does Steinbeck celebrate with his wife in Texas?
(a) Yom Kippur
4. What national park does Steinbeck visit while in Montana?
(a) Lewis & Clark National Historic Trail
(b) Yosemite National Park
(c) Yellowstone National Park
(d) The Grand Canyon
5. Where does Steinbeck head after spending the night among the sequoias?
(a) To Crescent City
(b) To Monterey
(c) To Portland
(d) To San Diego
6. What commotion has erupted in the city where Steinbeck stops?
(a) The dock workers are on strike.
(b) Angry crowds denounce the desegregation of a grade school.
(c) The local electrician's union is on strike.
(d) The buses are running late today.
7. Near what river does Steinbeck spend the night?
(a) Colorado River
(b) Mississippi River
(c) Ohio River
(d) Maple River
8. What does Steinbeck exclude from the novel?
(a) The notes he makes on a tape recorder
(b) The notes he makes in a journal
(c) Phone calls he places to his family
(d) The Chicago reunion with his wife
9. Where does Steinbeck go to reminisce with an old friend?
(c) The ballgame
(d) Johnny Garcia's bar
10. What prevents Steinbeck from moving to the answer to #126?
(a) There are no great restaurants.
(b) There is no ocean.
(c) There are no major league baseball teams.
(d) There are no big cities.
11. What significant event does Steinbeck anticipate in Montana?
(a) Seeing Mount Rushmore
(b) Crossing the Colorado River
(c) Crossing the Continental Divide
(d) The geyser of Old Faithful
12. What impresses Steinbeck with its strange rock formations?
(b) The Grand Canyon
(c) The Wisconsin Dells
(d) Mount Rushmore
13. To which state would Steinbeck like to move?
(a) South Dakota
(b) North Dakota
14. After the border fiasco, Steinbeck admits that he loves countries but hates _____________________.
(c) rundown roadside rest areas
(d) inaccurate road maps
15. What did Charley get at the hotel in Chicago?
(a) A professional poodle grooming
(b) Play time with other dogs
(c) Special dog treats
(d) A good night's sleep
Short Answer Questions
1. What disrupts the family visit?
2. In what city in Louisiana does Steinbeck decide to stop?
3. Where is Steinbeck's last stop in California?
4. Where does Steinbeck head after leaving Chicago?
5. To Steinbeck, Texas is not so much a place as a _________________________.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)