|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steinbeck not like about hunting?
(a) The clothes you have to wear
(b) The taste of wild game
(c) Cleaning your gun
(d) It gets too cold
2. According to Steinbeck, every journey has its own __________________.
3. What does Steinbeck stock up on at a country store?
(a) Liquor and beer
(b) Salty snacks
(c) Cookies and cupcakes
(d) Cold cuts
4. What is the heritage of the Canadians?
5. What is the genre of this book?
(d) Travel memoir
6. What material is everything in the attached diner made of, including the waitress' apron?
7. Where does Steinbeck stay in a motel on his second night?
8. What does the answer to #80 remind Steinbeck of?
(a) His hometown in Salinas
(b) The Bahamas
(c) The Everglades
(d) Avalon in the King Arthur legends
9. Where does Steinbeck live?
(a) New York
10. What book does Steinbeck read as he drinks coffee at a rest area?
(a) Quo Vadis
(b) The Spectator
(c) East of Eden
(d) The Hawaiians
11. What does Steinbeck name his camper?
12. Who wants to accompany Steinbeck on the trip?
(a) Steinbeck's son
(b) A neighbor boy
(c) Mrs. Steinbeck
(d) Steinbeck's lawyer
13. When does Steinbeck plan to set off on his journey?
(a) The day after the Fourth of July
(b) The day after Christmas
(c) The day after Labor Day
(d) The day after New Year's
14. Where does Steinbeck go to church on his last morning in New England?
(c) New Hampshire
15. According to Steinbeck, _____________ is the greater part of recognition.
(b) a handsome face
(c) news coverage
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steinbeck buy at roadside markets?
2. What damages do Fayre Eleyne and Rocinante sustain?
3. Steinbeck writes, "We find after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; _______________________
4. What is unusual about the inn Steinbeck finds?
5. What does Steinbeck see when he takes Charley for a walk?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)