|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 4 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Steinbeck never move back to Monterey?
(a) New York City is his home now.
(b) He wants to be away from his family.
(c) Monterey is too old fashioned.
(d) Monterey is too dirty.
2. Steinbeck writes, "We find after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; _______________________
(a) we define destinies."
(b) we enter into a new dimension."
(c) we take a journey."
(d) a trip takes us."
3. What does Steinbeck do to Charley to protect him in the deer hunting region of inner Maine?
(a) Makes him stay in the camper
(b) Boards him in a kennel
(c) Ties red tissue paper around his tail
(d) Puts a bell around his neck
4. Of what does the Columbia River region remind Steinbeck?
(a) Fly fishing with his father
(b) Camping trips with his son
(c) Lewis & Clark's expedition
(d) His childhood along the Pacific coast
5. Why do many people invest in house trailers?
(a) Cost and mobility
(b) Home foreclosures
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the occupation of Steinbeck's camping neighbor for the night?
2. What does Steinbeck learn about all the writing materials he packs?
3. To what two cities does Steinbeck often fly?
4. Why is Steinbeck shocked by Seattle?
5. What does Steinbeck share with the adults in the family?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)