|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 4 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steinbeck do to accelerate his trip?
(a) Changes his itinerary
(b) Exceeds the speed limits
(c) Hits the multi-lane highways
(d) Drives more hours each day
2. What does Steinbeck buy for lunch?
(a) A cheeseburger
(b) A poor-boy sandwich
(c) A bowl of soup
(d) A taco
3. How is Steinbeck able to travel unnoticed?
(a) He dyes his hair black.
(b) People do not expect famous authors to be traveling in a trailer with a dog for a companion.
(c) He wears a wig and sunglasses.
(d) He gains a lot of weight.
4. How do New Englanders talk?
(a) In single words or short phrases
(b) In rambling speech patterns
(c) In long, drawn out sentences
(d) They answer questions with questions
5. Who does Steinbeck give a ride to down the road?
(a) An old black man
(b) A Hispanic husband and wife
(c) A pair of fishermen
(d) Two old black women
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime does the U.S. Customs Officer accuse Steinbeck of committing?
2. When does Steinbeck plan to set off on his journey?
3. What does Steinbeck exclude from the novel?
4. Why does Mrs. Steinbeck shout at Steinbeck?
5. What does Steinbeck add to his coffee when he brews it?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)