|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 4 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Steinbeck head after spending the night among the sequoias?
(a) To Portland
(b) To Crescent City
(c) To Monterey
(d) To San Diego
2. What does Steinbeck name his camper?
3. What does the answer to #172 not want to talk about?
(a) The racial tensions in the South
(b) The next election
(c) His children and grandchildren
(d) The global economy
4. What is Steinbeck's wife's name?
5. What do Steinbeck's friends warn him about regarding this trip?
(a) That he will not have the perseverance to complete it.
(b) That he will get bored very quickly.
(c) That he will realize that his life at home was preferable.
(d) That he will not be able to travel incognito.
Short Answer Questions
1. What quality do the people of #126 have that is so appealing to Steinbeck?
2. What kind of dog does Charley encounter at the rest area?
3. What crime does the U.S. Customs Officer accuse Steinbeck of committing?
4. Why does Steinbeck not take another person on the trip?
5. Why does Mrs. Steinbeck shout at Steinbeck?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)