|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: Chapter 4 - 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Steinbeck calm down after the storm?
(a) He plays golf.
(b) He takes a nap.
(c) He drinks a big glass of whiskey.
(d) He takes a hot shower.
2. What happens when the eye of the storm passes?
(a) It gets as dark as night outside.
(b) The wind whips up from the opposite direction.
(c) The sun suddenly appears.
(d) Everything gets very quiet.
3. What does Steinbeck think as the date for his departure approaches?
(a) He might consider taking a companion.
(b) He should reconsider his itinerary.
(c) Something will happen to delay or cancel the trip.
(d) He does not have enough film.
4. What is the first prerequisite for travelers?
(a) A passport
(b) Luggage on wheels
(c) A reason for traveling
(d) Good walking shoes
5. What impresses Steinbeck with its strange rock formations?
(b) The Grand Canyon
(c) The Wisconsin Dells
(d) Mount Rushmore
Short Answer Questions
1. What commotion has erupted in the city where Steinbeck stops?
2. Where does Steinbeck plan to stay the next night?
3. Which author wrote that you can't go home again?
4. What do Steinbeck's friends warn him about regarding this trip?
5. What does Steinbeck call the previous guest of a hotel room he waits in temporarily?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)