|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The same person going over the same route twice experiences _______________________________.
(a) jet lag
(b) deja vu
(c) two distinctly different journeys
(d) frequent flyer miles
2. Why does Steinbeck essentially ignore his doctors' advice?
(a) They have been wrong before.
(b) He wants a second opinion.
(c) He wants quality in his life, not necessarily quantity of years.
(d) He thinks he knows better than the doctors.
3. What is the name of Steinbeck's boat?
(a) Smooth Sailing
(b) East of Eden
(d) Fayre Eleyne
4. What does Steinbeck think old age will do?
(a) Make travel impossible
(b) Get him travel discounts
(c) Increase his curiosity
(d) Give him more spare time
5. How is Steinbeck able to travel unnoticed?
(a) People do not expect famous authors to be traveling in a trailer with a dog for a companion.
(b) He gains a lot of weight.
(c) He wears a wig and sunglasses.
(d) He dyes his hair black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Steinbeck's friends warn him about regarding this trip?
2. What does Steinbeck buy at roadside markets?
3. What is Steinbeck's next destination?
4. What does Steinbeck exclude from the novel?
5. What does Steinbeck do to accelerate his trip?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)