|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Steinbeck rush to Spokane?
(a) To get a good meal
(b) To check into a hotel
(c) To find a veterinarian for Charley
(d) To do some laundry
2. What is the tone of this book?
3. Where does Steinbeck park his camper on his first night?
(a) Near a farmer's creek
(b) At a roadside rest stop
(c) In a woods
(d) At a trailer park
4. Why does Steinbeck not take another person on the trip?
(a) Another person probably wouldn't like the radio stations he likes.
(b) Another person would probably change the itinerary.
(c) Another person would change the experience from observation to interactivity.
(d) Another person would talk too much.
5. How are Steinbeck's political views perceived by his family?
(a) As a nuisance
(b) As an uninformed person
(c) As a radical
(d) As an insult to his upbringing
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years ago did Steinbeck travel the United States?
2. What damages do Fayre Eleyne and Rocinante sustain?
3. What is the first prerequisite for travelers?
4. What does a friend want Steinbeck to bring back from his trip?
5. What significant event does Steinbeck anticipate in Montana?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)