|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Steinbeck, every journey has its own __________________.
2. In this book, Steinbeck's style is neither ______________ in nature nor completely ________________.
(a) crafty, entertaining
(b) informative, ascetic
(c) entertaining, boring
(d) journalistic, poetic
3. What does Steinbeck buy at a farmhouse?
(a) Smoked ham
(b) Cured bacon
(c) Dog food
(d) Fresh eggs
4. What is the only valuable thing that happens on this day?
(a) Steinbeck writes in a journal.
(b) Steinbeck talks to his wife from a pay phone.
(c) Steinbeck sees Niagara Falls.
(d) Steinbeck has a good steak dinner.
5. What is unusual about the inn Steinbeck finds?
(a) Its neon sign flashes that it is open and has vacancies but no one is there.
(b) It has valet parking
(c) It is not in any guidebook.
(d) It is not open on weekends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the neighboring boats after Steinbeck cuts the rope holding them together?
2. What damages do Fayre Eleyne and Rocinante sustain?
3. What does Steinbeck buy at roadside markets?
4. What does Steinbeck do to accelerate his trip?
5. What have people always told Steinbeck about his wanderlust?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)