|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Steinbeck go to church on his last morning in New England?
(d) New Hampshire
2. Why does Steinbeck essentially ignore his doctors' advice?
(a) He wants quality in his life, not necessarily quantity of years.
(b) He wants a second opinion.
(c) He thinks he knows better than the doctors.
(d) They have been wrong before.
3. What infuriates Steinbeck about a neighbor's boat anchoring prior to the storm?
(a) Their amateurish preparation endangers his boat.
(b) They have used his anchor without preparation.
(c) They don't use any anchor.
(d) They anchor too far away from shore.
4. Where does Steinbeck re-anchor his boat?
(a) At a new marina
(b) Closer to the coastline
(c) At the next pier
(d) A hundred yards into the bay
5. What does Steinbeck think as the date for his departure approaches?
(a) Something will happen to delay or cancel the trip.
(b) He does not have enough film.
(c) He might consider taking a companion.
(d) He should reconsider his itinerary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Steinbeck's travel to these cities?
2. What does Steinbeck buy at roadside markets?
3. What does Steinbeck think the waitress is capable of doing?
4. What does Steinbeck think is the trouble with New England voices?
5. What is the tone of this book?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)