|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what two cities does Steinbeck often fly?
(a) Chicago and San Francisco
(b) Chicago and Denver
(c) Atlanta and San Francisco
(d) Chicago and Seattle
2. What happens to the neighboring boats after Steinbeck cuts the rope holding them together?
(a) They crash into Steinbeck's boat.
(b) They blow onto a mud bank.
(c) They blow out to sea.
(d) They capsize.
3. Where does Steinbeck stay in a motel on his second night?
4. What is unusual about the inn Steinbeck finds?
(a) It has valet parking
(b) Its neon sign flashes that it is open and has vacancies but no one is there.
(c) It is not in any guidebook.
(d) It is not open on weekends.
5. What is wrong with Steinbeck's travel to these cities?
(a) It takes too much time out of his schedule.
(b) It is a boring routine.
(c) It is getting more and more expensive to make the trips.
(d) It is not the great expanse of the entire United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steinbeck see when he takes Charley for a walk?
2. What does Steinbeck learn about all the writing materials he packs?
3. What does Steinbeck notice that surrounds the small towns and villages?
4. What does Steinbeck do to Charley to protect him in the deer hunting region of inner Maine?
5. What does Steinbeck think is the trouble with New England voices?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)