|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What damages do Fayre Eleyne and Rocinante sustain?
(a) Motor damage
(b) Just a few light scratches
(c) Major body damage
(d) Broken windows
2. What does Steinbeck expect to experience on the road?
3. What is the unspoken motivation for Steinbeck's decision to make the trip?
(a) He made a bet with himself to do it by his 60th birthday.
(b) He is growing older and may not get another chance.
(c) He wants to surprise his college roommate.
(d) He needs some time alone to think.
4. What is the name of Steinbeck's boat?
(b) Smooth Sailing
(c) Fayre Eleyne
(d) East of Eden
5. What does the answer to #80 remind Steinbeck of?
(a) Avalon in the King Arthur legends
(b) His hometown in Salinas
(c) The Bahamas
(d) The Everglades
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steinbeck pack that will never be used?
2. What is Steinbeck's purpose for taking the trip?
3. What is the genre of this book?
4. What does Steinbeck think about as he packs the camper?
5. Who wants to accompany Steinbeck on the trip?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)