|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what was the vehicle outfitted?
(a) A GPS system
(b) A stereo system
(c) A mattress on the floor
(d) A CB radio
2. Where does Steinbeck re-anchor his boat?
(a) At the next pier
(b) At a new marina
(c) A hundred yards into the bay
(d) Closer to the coastline
3. Why does Steinbeck essentially ignore his doctors' advice?
(a) He wants a second opinion.
(b) They have been wrong before.
(c) He wants quality in his life, not necessarily quantity of years.
(d) He thinks he knows better than the doctors.
4. Where does Steinbeck stay in a motel on his second night?
5. What does Steinbeck not like about hunting?
(a) Cleaning your gun
(b) The taste of wild game
(c) The clothes you have to wear
(d) It gets too cold
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Steinbeck, every journey has its own __________________.
2. What material is everything in the motel made of, with the exception of the bedding and curtains?
3. What does Steinbeck stock up on at a country store?
4. What is the unspoken motivation for Steinbeck's decision to make the trip?
5. Steinbeck writes, "We find after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; _______________________
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)