|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Steinbeck able to travel unnoticed?
(a) People do not expect famous authors to be traveling in a trailer with a dog for a companion.
(b) He gains a lot of weight.
(c) He dyes his hair black.
(d) He wears a wig and sunglasses.
2. Where was Charley trained?
(a) New York
(b) New Orleans
3. What does Steinbeck call this state of journeying?
4. According to Steinbeck, every journey has its own __________________.
5. What is the final prerequisite for travelers?
(a) Get the car serviced
(b) Confirm hotel reservations
(c) Purchase traveler's checks
(d) Decide upon directions and destinations
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wants to accompany Steinbeck on the trip?
2. What does Steinbeck learn about all the writing materials he packs?
3. What does Steinbeck think about as he packs the camper?
4. How does Steinbeck calm down after the storm?
5. What happens to delay Steinbeck's plans?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)