|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steinbeck consider himself to be?
(a) An American writer
(b) A simple storyteller
(c) A sophisticated writer
(d) An adequate writer
2. What is the final prerequisite for travelers?
(a) Get the car serviced
(b) Purchase traveler's checks
(c) Confirm hotel reservations
(d) Decide upon directions and destinations
3. Where was Charley trained?
(b) New Orleans
(d) New York
4. Where does Steinbeck re-anchor his boat?
(a) A hundred yards into the bay
(b) At the next pier
(c) At a new marina
(d) Closer to the coastline
5. In this book, Steinbeck's style is neither ______________ in nature nor completely ________________.
(a) entertaining, boring
(b) journalistic, poetic
(c) crafty, entertaining
(d) informative, ascetic
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Steinbeck's purpose for taking the trip?
2. What has Steinbeck become over the years?
3. What damages do Fayre Eleyne and Rocinante sustain?
4. What happens when the eye of the storm passes?
5. Why does Mrs. Steinbeck shout at Steinbeck?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)