|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first prerequisite for travelers?
(a) A reason for traveling
(b) Good walking shoes
(c) A passport
(d) Luggage on wheels
2. How old is Steinbeck at the time that he starts on his journey?
3. How many years ago did Steinbeck travel the United States?
4. What does Steinbeck mean by a "blown-in-the-glass" bum?
(a) A traveler who drinks too much.
(b) A traveler who will only drink out of crystal.
(c) A traveler who works as a glassblower.
(d) A traveler who is as fragile as glass.
5. To what two cities does Steinbeck often fly?
(a) Chicago and Denver
(b) Atlanta and San Francisco
(c) Chicago and San Francisco
(d) Chicago and Seattle
Short Answer Questions
1. The same person going over the same route twice experiences _______________________________.
2. In what vehicle did Steinbeck travel on this trip?
3. What is the genre of this book?
4. What is the traveler's second prerequisite for traveling?
5. Who wants to accompany Steinbeck on the trip?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)