|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Steinbeck plan to set off on his journey?
(a) The day after the Fourth of July
(b) The day after New Year's
(c) The day after Labor Day
(d) The day after Christmas
2. What is the subject about which Steinbeck is noted for writing?
3. According to Steinbeck, every journey has its own __________________.
4. What is the traveler's second prerequisite for traveling?
(a) Ask the neighbors to feed your pets
(b) Stop mail and newspaper delivery
(c) Getting cheap airfare
(d) Planning the trip in time and space
5. What is the genre of this book?
(b) Travel memoir
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Steinbeck's purpose for taking the trip?
2. What does Steinbeck learn about all the writing materials he packs?
3. How is Steinbeck able to travel unnoticed?
4. What infuriates Steinbeck about a neighbor's boat anchoring prior to the storm?
5. What does Steinbeck pack that will never be used?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)