|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Steinbeck's travel to these cities?
(a) It is not the great expanse of the entire United States.
(b) It is a boring routine.
(c) It is getting more and more expensive to make the trips.
(d) It takes too much time out of his schedule.
2. Where was Charley trained?
(c) New Orleans
(d) New York
3. In this book, Steinbeck's style is neither ______________ in nature nor completely ________________.
(a) journalistic, poetic
(b) crafty, entertaining
(c) informative, ascetic
(d) entertaining, boring
4. Who are the only ones who will understand the inability to control a trip?
(a) Those who know about the nature of journeys
(b) Those who work as tour guides
(c) Those who sell travel packages
(d) Those who plan trips for a business
5. What is the genre of this book?
(b) Travel memoir
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steinbeck say about the journey he is about to take?
2. What is the traveler's second prerequisite for traveling?
3. What is the tone of this book?
4. Why does Steinbeck not take another person on the trip?
5. In what vehicle did Steinbeck travel on this trip?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)