|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have people always told Steinbeck about his wanderlust?
(a) Everybody has it to some degree.
(b) He is crazy to even think about it.
(c) He needs to indulge it.
(d) He will grow out of it.
2. What does Steinbeck mean by a "blown-in-the-glass" bum?
(a) A traveler who works as a glassblower.
(b) A traveler who will only drink out of crystal.
(c) A traveler who is as fragile as glass.
(d) A traveler who drinks too much.
3. What does Steinbeck consider himself to be?
(a) An American writer
(b) A sophisticated writer
(c) A simple storyteller
(d) An adequate writer
4. What is the genre of this book?
(a) Travel memoir
5. In what vehicle did Steinbeck travel on this trip?
(a) An old VW van
(b) An old bakery truck
(c) An old school bus
(d) An old pickup truck
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Steinbeck, _____________ is the greater part of recognition.
2. Where was Charley trained?
3. What kind of dog is Charley?
4. What urge has Steinbeck felt all his life?
5. What does Steinbeck hope to accomplish on the trip?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)