|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Steinbeck head after Bismarck?
(a) The Painted Desert
(b) Mount Rushmore
(c) The Wisconsin Dells
(d) The Bad Lands
2. Where does Steinbeck go to reminisce with an old friend?
(b) Johnny Garcia's bar
(c) The ballgame
3. What quality do the people of #126 have that is so appealing to Steinbeck?
(a) They don't talk much.
(b) They are stubborn.
(c) They talk easily.
(d) They are easygoing.
4. What prevents Steinbeck from moving to the answer to #126?
(a) There are no big cities.
(b) There is no ocean.
(c) There are no great restaurants.
(d) There are no major league baseball teams.
5. What is the name of Steinbeck's boat?
(a) Fayre Eleyne
(c) East of Eden
(d) Smooth Sailing
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steinbeck invite the Canadian family to do?
2. What does Steinbeck consider the river crossing at Bismarck to be?
3. Why do many people invest in house trailers?
4. What is Steinbeck given when he asks for a reading light?
5. What does Steinbeck mean by a "blown-in-the-glass" bum?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)