|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steinbeck notice that have sprung up near urban centers?
(a) Drug stores
(b) Baseball diamonds
(c) Industrial parks
(d) Trailer parks
2. What is the evening meal where Steinbeck stops at a rental cabin and lunch room?
(a) Beef stew & biscuits and chocolate cake
(b) Ham & beans and ice cream
(c) Corned beef & cabbage and lemon pie
(d) Cheeseburger & fries and pudding
3. Why does Steinbeck essentially ignore his doctors' advice?
(a) He wants a second opinion.
(b) He wants quality in his life, not necessarily quantity of years.
(c) They have been wrong before.
(d) He thinks he knows better than the doctors.
4. What does Steinbeck share with the adults in the family?
(c) Rare cognac
5. How is Steinbeck able to travel unnoticed?
(a) He dyes his hair black.
(b) He gains a lot of weight.
(c) He wears a wig and sunglasses.
(d) People do not expect famous authors to be traveling in a trailer with a dog for a companion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What national park does Steinbeck visit while in Montana?
2. Who wants to accompany Steinbeck on the trip?
3. Aside from the unpleasant family visit, how does Steinbeck find the Monterey Peninsula?
4. Why does Steinbeck think the dairy farms he sees must be subsidized?
5. What happens to the neighboring boats after Steinbeck cuts the rope holding them together?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)