|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 10 - 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Steinbeck go to church on his last morning in New England?
(b) New Hampshire
2. Where does Steinbeck head after leaving Chicago?
3. What impresses Steinbeck with its strange rock formations?
(a) Mount Rushmore
(b) The Grand Canyon
(d) The Wisconsin Dells
4. What does Steinbeck do to Charley to protect him in the deer hunting region of inner Maine?
(a) Boards him in a kennel
(b) Puts a bell around his neck
(c) Ties red tissue paper around his tail
(d) Makes him stay in the camper
5. What is the first prerequisite for travelers?
(a) A passport
(b) A reason for traveling
(c) Luggage on wheels
(d) Good walking shoes
Short Answer Questions
1. What starts to slow Steinbeck's progress?
2. What does Steinbeck expect to experience on the road?
3. What is the only valuable thing that happens on this day?
4. What disrupts the family visit?
5. Where does Steinbeck head after spending the night among the sequoias?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)