|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steinbeck name his camper?
2. How is Steinbeck able to travel unnoticed?
(a) He dyes his hair black.
(b) He gains a lot of weight.
(c) People do not expect famous authors to be traveling in a trailer with a dog for a companion.
(d) He wears a wig and sunglasses.
3. What does Steinbeck learn about all the writing materials he packs?
(a) He never writes from notes taken while traveling alone.
(b) He needs comprehenisve notes because he is so detail-oriented.
(c) He needs sketchy notes just to jog his memory.
(d) He needs every word he writes down to write later.
4. What does Steinbeck do when he breaks camp the next morning?
(a) Takes Charley for a run
(b) Leaves a bottle for a keepsake for the Canadian family
(c) Writes a few postcards
(d) Throws water on his campfire
5. What do some of the migrant families use for shelter?
(a) Large canvas tents
(d) Pup tents
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steinbeck see when he takes Charley for a walk?
2. In what city in North Dakota does Steinbeck stop?
3. Where does Steinbeck stay in a motel on his second night?
4. Of what is Steinbeck an avid collector?
5. What is the heritage of the Canadians?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)