|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steinbeck share with the adults in the family?
(d) Rare cognac
2. What does Steinbeck not like about hunting?
(a) It gets too cold
(b) The taste of wild game
(c) Cleaning your gun
(d) The clothes you have to wear
3. What has come over the country since Steinbeck's last trip?
(a) Wealth and prosperity
(b) Many changes
(c) A sense of pride
(d) Overwhelming sadness
4. Of what is Steinbeck an avid collector?
(b) traffic signs
5. What is wrong with Steinbeck's travel to these cities?
(a) It is not the great expanse of the entire United States.
(b) It is a boring routine.
(c) It takes too much time out of his schedule.
(d) It is getting more and more expensive to make the trips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Steinbeck become over the years?
2. What does Steinbeck think about as he packs the camper?
3. What is unusual about the inn Steinbeck finds?
4. What did Charley get at the hotel in Chicago?
5. Where has Steinbeck's friend made a reservation for him?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)