|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 1 - 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the answer to #80 remind Steinbeck of?
(a) His hometown in Salinas
(b) The Everglades
(c) Avalon in the King Arthur legends
(d) The Bahamas
2. What does Steinbeck see when he takes Charley for a walk?
(a) The Aurora Borealis
(b) Two lovers in a car
(c) A fire at a gas station
(d) A Little League baseball game
3. Where does Steinbeck live?
(a) New York
4. What is unusual about the inn Steinbeck finds?
(a) It is not open on weekends.
(b) Its neon sign flashes that it is open and has vacancies but no one is there.
(c) It is not in any guidebook.
(d) It has valet parking
5. What does Steinbeck do when he breaks camp the next morning?
(a) Writes a few postcards
(b) Takes Charley for a run
(c) Throws water on his campfire
(d) Leaves a bottle for a keepsake for the Canadian family
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Steinbeck stay in a motel on his second night?
2. Where does Steinbeck head after leaving Chicago?
3. With what gadget is Rocinante equipped?
4. In what city in North Dakota does Steinbeck stop?
5. What does Steinbeck learn about all the writing materials he packs?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)