|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapter 7 - 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have the doctors advised Steinbeck to do?
(a) Walk two miles every day
(b) Take cholesterol-lowing medication
(c) Take a nap every day
(d) Slow down, watch his diet and stop drinking
2. Who is Steinbeck drawn to at the rest stops?
(b) Truck drivers
(c) Tour groups
(d) Military personnel
3. What does Steinbeck think as the date for his departure approaches?
(a) Something will happen to delay or cancel the trip.
(b) He might consider taking a companion.
(c) He should reconsider his itinerary.
(d) He does not have enough film.
4. What does Steinbeck notice that surrounds the small towns and villages?
(a) Car dealerships
(b) Industrial parks
(c) Fast food restaurants
(d) Garbage dumps and junk yards
5. Who is the first person Steinbeck meets on his trip?
(a) A gas station attendant
(b) A sailor
(c) A waitress
(d) A policeman
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Steinbeck given when he asks for a reading light?
2. What impresses Steinbeck at the rest stops?
3. What is Steinbeck's next destination?
4. On what does Steinbeck reflect at this point of his journey?
5. Why do many people invest in house trailers?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)