Part 1: Chapter 1
1. What does Steinbeck say about the journey he is about to take?
(a) It is the trip of a lifetime.
(b) It is something that he is dreading.
(c) It is much the same as all journeys that anyone takes.
(d) It is a very daunting proposition.
2. What urge has Steinbeck felt all his life?
(a) The urge to be an artist.
(b) The urge to be somewhere else.
(c) The urge to be someone else.
(d) The urge to be an athlete.
3. How old is Steinbeck at the time that he starts on his journey?
4. What have people always told Steinbeck about his wanderlust?
(a) He is crazy to even think about it.
(b) He needs to indulge it.
(c) He will grow out of it.
(d) Everybody has it to some degree.
5. What does Steinbeck think old age will do?
(a) Make travel impossible
(b) Give him more spare time
(c) Get him travel discounts
(d) Increase his curiosity
This section contains 4,438 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)