|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Chapter I pages 31-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the first Six Flags established?
(a) Gurnee, Illinois.
(b) Denver, Colorado.
(c) Phoenix, Arizona.
(d) Arlington, Texas.
2. Eco asserts that America is a country that is fixated on realism, even to the point of obtaining "real" what?
3. Where is Umberto Eco from?
4. What is the first realm of hyper reality discussed by Eco in "Travels in Hyper Reality"?
(a) Sports and arenas.
(b) Art and museums.
5. Eco uses the story of Superman as an allegory of America and suggests that he has need of returning to what from time to time?
(a) "Fortress of Solitude."
(b) "Room of Silence."
(c) "Time of Joy."
(d) "Moment of Sorrow."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who created Superman?
2. Where is the Walt Disney World Resort located?
3. Eco asserts that nature is a victim of what by way of zoos and aquariums?
4. What refers to the study of signs and sign processes, indication, designation, likeness, analogy, metaphor, symbolism, signification, and communication?
5. In "City of Robots," Eco asserts that in America there are cities that are created purely for what?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)