|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Chapter I pages 31-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Ringling Museum of Art located?
(a) Savannah, Georgia.
(b) Tallahassee, Florida.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Sarasota, Florida.
2. What refers to the study of signs and sign processes, indication, designation, likeness, analogy, metaphor, symbolism, signification, and communication?
3. Eco asserts that America is a country that is fixated on realism, even to the point of obtaining "real" what?
4. When was Umberto Eco born?
5. In "City of Robots," Eco asserts that in America there are cities that are created purely for what?
(d) Money making.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a museum of memories referred to in German?
2. What is the second realm of hyper reality discussed by Eco in "Travels in Hyper Reality"?
3. What does Eco assert is the natural and final extension of photorealism?
4. Who created Superman?
5. The Getty Museum is described by Eco as maintaining a fierce discipline towards faithful historic presentation of authentic works of art in what way?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)