|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section II - Chapter I pages 31-58.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who created Superman?
(a) Gail Simone.
(b) Mike Mignola.
(c) Darwyn Cooke.
(d) Jerry Siegal.
2. What is the third realm of hyper reality discussed by Eco in "Travels in Hyper Reality"?
(b) Art and museums.
(d) The theatre.
3. According to Eco, hyper reality serves to confuse the boundaries of what?
(a) Space and time.
(b) Church and state.
(c) Ultimate counterfeit.
(d) Horror vacui.
4. When was Superman created?
5. Eco asserts that nature is a victim of what by way of zoos and aquariums?
(a) Hyper reality.
(d) Animal cruelty.
Short Answer Questions
1. The works of art within the Ringling Museum of Art are what?
2. Eco proposes that tourists at Disney must have a certain passivity and behave as what in order to enjoy themselves?
3. What is a museum of memories referred to in German?
4. Where is Disneyland Park located?
5. What fake aspect was built to house the Ringling Museum of Art?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)