|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Sam not continue snorkeling?
(a) He is scared of the fish.
(b) He is near hypothermia.
(c) The water is too deep.
(d) He cuts himself on some rocks.
2. What does Anne's friend, Neshama, call and request of Anne?
(a) To borrow some sugar
(b) To go for a walk
(c) To borrow a book
(d) To give her a ride
3. Who does Anne see about her problem?
(a) Eating disorder specialist
4. What has Anne been all her life?
5. What does thinking of Heaven remind Anne of?
(a) Her father
(b) Christmas angels
(c) God is on her side
(d) Beautiful music
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne says her mother was not always as ______________ as she is now.
2. How much time passes before Anne connects with sober people who will help her get sober?
3. What do the adults in Aleka's life try to do?
4. Where do Anne and Sam go snorkeling?
5. Where does Anne go with a man she loves?
Short Essay Questions
1. In addition to alcohol abuse, what other destructive behavior does Anne have?
2. How does Sam show his apology when he misbehaves on the beach on his eighth birthday?
3. Explain Anne's preliminary attempt to quit drinking alcohol.
4. How does Anne liken her situation with waiting on Sam's diagnosis to the life of Elijah?
5. What happens when Anne takes Sam to a substitute pediatrician when his own pediatrician is out of town?
6. What is Anne's favorite prayer?
7. Why does Anne call the void left by her father's death an "old dog suit"?
8. Why is Anne bothered by spending a day on the beach with her mother?
9. Why is Anne drawn to bathrooms during this time of waiting to find out what is wrong with Sam?
10. What does Anne mean by "the land of the fucked"?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)