|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anne invite Olivia and her family over one night?
(a) To watch fireworks
(b) To bake cookies
(c) To sing Christmas carols
(d) To watch an eclipse
2. What does Anne know about the men she meets?
(a) None of them has enough money
(b) None of them will ever replace her father
(c) None of them wants to get married
(d) None of them will accept Sam
3. What does Anne do to console herself?
(a) Eats a candy bar
(b) Goes to a concert
(c) Takes Sam to lunch
(d) Walks on the beach
4. What does thinking of Heaven remind Anne of?
(a) Christmas angels
(b) Her father
(c) God is on her side
(d) Beautiful music
5. Where do Anne and Sam go for a vacation with friends?
(a) Cancun, Mexico
(b) Acapulco, Mexico
(c) Mexico City, Mexico
(d) Oaxaca, Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Anne when she finally realizes that her father is dead?
2. How long has Anne's father been dead?
3. Where does Anne go with a man she loves?
4. What disease does Ella's sister, Olivia, have?
5. What are two foods that Anne craves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the situation that helps Akela begin to overcome her fear?
2. What does Anne mean when she says that she doesn't want to be her "mommy's mommy"?
3. What fear does Anne's friend, Neshama's, granddaughter, Akela have?
4. What happens when Anne takes Sam to a substitute pediatrician when his own pediatrician is out of town?
5. What is the role of Anne's "Butt Mind"?
6. Why does Anne set herself up for failure when she enters a sobriety program?
7. How does Anne use humor to deal with her unruly hair?
8. Explain Sam's creativity.
9. How does Anne's neurotic nature exhibit when she has a suspicious mole?
10. How does Anne compare a muddy walk on the beach to a river baptism described to her by Mary, the woman who used to give her little bags of dimes?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)