|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mantra does Akela's psychiatrist tell her to chant when she is afraid?
(a) He's got the whole world in His hands.
(b) I am in God's hands.
(c) God is bigger than the boogeyman.
(d) This will pass.
2. What is Sam's eventual diagnosis?
(a) An allergy
(c) Cystic Fibrosis
(d) Juvenile Diabetes
3. What does Anne tell Sam it is important to do in all of life's situations?
(a) Walk on the beach
4. When are Aleka's family and friends happy?
(a) When Aleka returns to school
(b) When Aleka learns to write
(c) When Aleka makes a move toward conquering her fear
(d) When the doctors release Aleka from the hospital
5. How long has Anne's father been dead?
(a) 6 months
(b) 1 year
(c) 20 years
(d) 3 years
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne says that she is too ______________ to die.
2. What does Anne call Sam's teenage years?
3. How old does Anne say she is when she learns to feed herself?
4. What disease does Ella's sister, Olivia, have?
5. What is the name of Anne and Sam's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne mean by "the land of the fucked"?
2. Explain Anne's preliminary attempt to quit drinking alcohol.
3. When does Anne fully realize that her father is dead?
4. What does Anne call "God's In Box?"
5. Why does Anne set herself up for failure when she enters a sobriety program?
6. What really bothers Anne about witnessing the man abusing his dog on the beach one day?
7. What does Anne mean by the term "nonchalant sadism"?
8. What fear does Anne's friend, Neshama's, granddaughter, Akela have?
9. Why is Anne drawn to bathrooms during this time of waiting to find out what is wrong with Sam?
10. In addition to alcohol abuse, what other destructive behavior does Anne have?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)