|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne announce that she is going to practice?
2. How are the middle-aged women in the movie depicted?
(a) Victims of bad plastic surgery
(b) Youthful and vivacious
(c) In denial about their aging
(d) Tired and wrinkled from care
3. What do Anne and Sam do on San Quentin Beach one day?
(a) Throw a Frisbee
(b) Build a sandcastle
(c) Build an altar made of sand
(d) Use a metal detector
4. How does Anne describe the car loaned by the auto mechanic's shop?
(a) A Flintstones car
(b) A Dukes and Hazzard car
(c) A Blues Brothers car
(d) A Starsky and Hutch car
5. Where do Anne and Sam like to spend time?
(a) San Quentin Beach
(b) Driving over the Golden Gate Bridge
(c) The mall
(d) The park
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne call Sam's teenage years?
2. Why does Akela's terror increase after the birth of her twin siblings?
3. Where does Anne spend a day with her mother?
4. What does Sam bring Anne as a token of apology?
5. What do the adults in Aleka's life try to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Anne fully discover God?
2. Why is Anne drawn to bathrooms during this time of waiting to find out what is wrong with Sam?
3. What fear does Anne's friend, Neshama's, granddaughter, Akela have?
4. Why does Anne call the void left by her father's death an "old dog suit"?
5. How does Anne deal with the approach of middle age?
6. How does Anne compare a muddy walk on the beach to a river baptism described to her by Mary, the woman who used to give her little bags of dimes?
7. How does Anne view her body image while on vacation in Oaxaca, Mexico?
8. Why is Anne bothered by spending a day on the beach with her mother?
9. Explain Sam's creativity.
10. How does Anne liken her situation with waiting on Sam's diagnosis to the life of Elijah?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)