|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anne is drawn to Shelly's mother, Lee, because she ______________________________.
(a) lets them listen to their music really loud
(b) bakes chocolate chip cookies
(c) offers love, support and prayer
(d) takes them to the mall
2. What does Anne learn from this experience?
(a) She has the grace to overcome and endure.
(b) She has great stage blocking skills.
(c) She has no feel for the dramatic.
(d) She is not a very good planner.
3. Where does Anne leave Sammy to play each day at the resort?
(a) The pool
(c) The game room
(d) The beach
4. Paley believes that women can be part of the equal rights movement without giving up _____________________.
(b) traditional feminine things
5. What do Anne's friends call her religious position?
(b) Kinda Catholic
(d) Sorta Baptist
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne call her steps toward grief recovery?
2. What does Anne do with the dimes given to her periodically by an elderly woman?
3. What quality does this woman have that Anne approves of?
4. Who is the gay man in her church who is dying from AIDS?
5. What is Anne's drug of choice when she is 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the arrival of Pammy's daughter such a bittersweet occasion?
2. What decision-making process does Anne use when determining whether or not she should let Sam go paragliding?
3. When Anne and Sam are at Ixtapa for vacation, they are both still mourning the death of Anne's friend, Pammy. What happens to alter Anne's perspective a little?
4. Why does Anne think she may be failing Sam?
5. When does Anne first encounter Jesus?
6. Describe Anne's trip to the beach when she tries to get rid of a headache.
7. What is Anne's religious experience as a child?
8. How might the example of Anne's stalled car be considered a traveling mercy?
9. How does Anne learn that she receives grace to overcome and endure?
10. What is the symbolism Anne speaks of when she talks about "pieces of Pammy"?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)