|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prompts the man to ask Anne if she is a born-again Christian?
(a) A Bible in her briefcase
(b) A book about Christianity in her lap
(c) A cross around her neck
(d) Tiny, gold cross earrings
2. What happens to Anne when she is almost 30?
(a) She has an abortion.
(b) She gets cancer.
(c) She starts her own business.
(d) She goes to law school.
3. What is Rick's attitude about life?
(a) Speak softly and carry a big stick.
(b) Why does crap only happen to me?
(c) Hey, we all gotta go someday.
(d) Live each day to the fullest.
4. Why does Anne say she always prayed at night?
(a) She was afraid of the dark.
(b) She didn't want her parents to divorce.
(c) She wasn't doing well in school.
(d) She knew someone was listening.
5. What does Anne see at the parties her parents host?
(a) People spilling drinks and not wiping up the spills
(b) People stealing bath soaps
(c) People putting food in their pockets and purses
(d) Inappropriate behavior between people who are not married to each other
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Anne and Sam go to Idaho?
2. What does Anne say about her parents and their friends?
3. What does a man offer Sam as a birthday gift?
4. What is the reason Anne needs help from her church family?
5. What does this woman do when the church elders take Holy Communion to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anne consider to be the first miracle she witnesses?
2. How does an Ash Wednesday morning, which Anne means to be filled with respect, turn out completely the opposite?
3. Anne's friend, Pammy, learns that she can adopt a baby at the same time that she learns she is dying from cancer. How does Pammy think about her new daughter during this time?
4. Why does Anne think she may be failing Sam?
5. What decision-making process does Anne use when determining whether or not she should let Sam go paragliding?
6. How does Anne know that Sam has forgiven her for the cartoon episode of that Ash Wednesday morning?
7. What does Anne mean by "Traveling Mercies"?
8. Describe Anne's trip to the beach when she tries to get rid of a headache.
9. One day Anne sits next to a man on a plane who notes the cross on a chain around Anne's neck and asks if she is a born-again Christian? How does Anne respond?
10. Describe Anne's life at 28.
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)