|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Akela terrified?
(a) The dark
(c) The wind
2. Of what does Anne's father die?
(b) Kidney failure
(c) A car accident
(d) A stroke
3. What is Sam's eventual diagnosis?
(b) Cystic Fibrosis
(c) Juvenile Diabetes
(d) An allergy
4. Why can Sam not continue snorkeling?
(a) He cuts himself on some rocks.
(b) The water is too deep.
(c) He is scared of the fish.
(d) He is near hypothermia.
5. What does Anne's friend, Neshama, call and request of Anne?
(a) To borrow a book
(b) To borrow some sugar
(c) To go for a walk
(d) To give her a ride
6. Who does Anne see about her problem?
(b) Eating disorder specialist
7. What is Anne's first reaction when the young girls see her in her swimsuit?
8. What is Anne's favorite prayer?
(a) Thank you, thank you, thank you.
(b) The Lord's Prayer
(c) Prayer of Forgiveness
(d) Prayer of St. Francis
9. Where is Anne when she finally realizes that her father is dead?
(a) The mall
(b) The Astrodome
(c) Rothko Chapel
(d) The movies
10. Sam says that he does not believe in Jesus, but believes in _______________________.
(a) Donald Trump
(d) all the gods
11. What about Anne's looks has always given her trouble?
(a) Her kinky hair
(b) Her gangly legs
(c) Her big ears
(d) Her long feet
12. How much time passes before Anne connects with sober people who will help her get sober?
(a) One month
(b) One week
(c) One day
(d) One year
13. Where does Anne go with a man she loves?
14. What does the doctor say is wrong with Sam after they test his blood?
(a) Sam has a food allergy.
(b) Sam has hepatitis.
(c) Sam has a parasite.
(d) Sam has a fungus.
15. How does everything in the city seem to Anne?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anne and Sam do on San Quentin Beach one day?
2. What is the subject of a movie Anne sees with friends?
3. What does thinking of Heaven remind Anne of?
4. What does Anne do to console herself?
5. Why does Akela remain indoors at a Fourth of July picnic at her grandmother's house?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)