|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anne know about the men she meets?
(a) None of them has enough money
(b) None of them wants to get married
(c) None of them will accept Sam
(d) None of them will ever replace her father
2. Where does Anne seem to find peace during the time Sam's illness is being diagnosed?
(a) At the beach
(b) In church
(c) In bathrooms
(d) In a park
3. To what does Anne liken the men she meets?
(a) A comfortable old robe
(b) A shiny new raincoat
(c) An old dog suit
(d) An old pair of shoes
4. Sam says that he does not believe in Jesus, but believes in _______________________.
(a) Donald Trump
(d) all the gods
5. What does Anne's friend, Neshama, call and request of Anne?
(a) To borrow some sugar
(b) To give her a ride
(c) To go for a walk
(d) To borrow a book
6. Where does Anne go with a man she loves?
7. What is the subject of a movie Anne sees with friends?
8. What does Anne finally consider her dreadlocks to be?
(a) The perfect hairstyle
(b) Her own private picket fence
(c) A huge style blunder
(d) The first style she has ever really liked
9. Where do Anne and Sam go for a vacation with friends?
(a) Mexico City, Mexico
(b) Cancun, Mexico
(c) Acapulco, Mexico
(d) Oaxaca, Mexico
10. According to Anne, when is the only time a spirit rises?
(a) When a person prays
(b) When things look impossible
(c) When it is called upon
(d) When it is way down
11. What does Anne try to accept when she is in her forties?
(a) the fact that she is m-m-m-middle aged
(b) that she will always be skinny
(c) that she will never be wealthy
(d) that she will never get married
12. Anne says that she is too ______________ to die.
13. What is Sam's eventual diagnosis?
(a) Juvenile Diabetes
(c) Cystic Fibrosis
(d) An allergy
14. Where does Anne put the notes she sends to God?
(a) In her garden
(b) In an envelope at church
(c) In her Bible
(d) God's In Box
15. Where does Anne wish her family had had their pictures taken?
(a) A portrait studio or on vacation
(b) At a wedding
(c) At Disneyland
(d) At Sam's baptism
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anne see about her problem?
2. What does Anne call Sam's legs?
3. What does Sam bring Anne as a token of apology?
4. Why does Anne take Sam to a substitute doctor?
5. What does thinking of Heaven remind Anne of?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)