|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mantra does Akela's psychiatrist tell her to chant when she is afraid?
(a) God is bigger than the boogeyman.
(b) I am in God's hands.
(c) He's got the whole world in His hands.
(d) This will pass.
2. How does Anne view her thighs and butt?
(c) Two elderly aunts
3. What is Anne's favorite prayer?
(a) The Lord's Prayer
(b) Prayer of Forgiveness
(c) Thank you, thank you, thank you.
(d) Prayer of St. Francis
4. Why does Sam throw a tantrum when it is time to leave the beach?
(a) He wants to swim some more.
(b) He wants to watch the fireworks.
(c) He wants to protect his creation.
(d) He wants ice cream.
5. What has Anne been all her life?
6. What battle does Anne fight in the essay entitled "Thirst"?
(a) Legal problems
(b) Estate issues
(c) Alcohol addiction
(d) Sam's education
7. What is Sam's eventual diagnosis?
(a) An allergy
(c) Juvenile Diabetes
(d) Cystic Fibrosis
8. How long does Anne's resolve to quit drinking on the day she awakens and makes the decision?
(a) One week
(b) One year
(c) One month
(d) Until five in the afternoon
9. What doe Anne make on the night Olivia is born?
(a) Tiny cupcakes
(b) Lemon meringue pie
(c) Pancakes in the shape of an O
(d) Heart-shaped shortbread cookies
10. What does Anne know about the men she meets?
(a) None of them wants to get married
(b) None of them will ever replace her father
(c) None of them has enough money
(d) None of them will accept Sam
11. What does Anne realize about herself?
(a) She is fearless.
(b) She is not afraid to speak out.
(c) She is impatient.
(d) She is a coward.
12. Why does Akela's terror increase after the birth of her twin siblings?
(a) She does not want any new siblings.
(b) There is less chance of finding a free adult for safety.
(c) She is afraid for her new siblings too.
(d) She thinks her parents no longer love her.
13. What is Anne's substance used during her eating disorder?
(b) Sparkling water
14. What disease does Ella's sister, Olivia, have?
(a) Juvenile Diabetes
(c) Muscular Dystrophy
(d) Cystic Fibrosis
15. To what does Anne compare Olivia's illness?
(a) A nightmare
(b) A pall
(c) A canvas
(d) A plague
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne obsess about after her father's death?
2. What is Anne's first reaction when the young girls see her in her swimsuit?
3. What about Anne's looks has always given her trouble?
4. Where is Anne when she finally realizes that her father is dead?
5. What does the answer to #133 encourage Anne to do after she eats?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)