|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about a man Anne sees on a trapeze set at the resort?
(a) He is a paraplegic.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He has only one arm.
(d) He has only one leg.
2. Whose strong presence does Anne feel one night when she is scared?
(b) Her father
(c) Her grandmother
3. In what city is Anne waiting to board a plane?
(a) Kansas City
(c) New Orleans
(d) St. Louis
4. What does Anne realize is her problem with the woman at Sam's school?
(a) Anne is a single mother
(b) Anne's inferiority complex
(c) Anne does not have as much money
(d) Anne's perspective on the woman's actions
5. What does Anne recall about her final days with Pammy?
(a) Going to the beach and watching the sky from sunrise to sundown
(b) Going to the park to watch the children play
(c) Going to as many concerts as possible
(d) Pammy in a wheelchair whipping Anne with her scarf to make her go faster
6. Where do friends invite Sam to go for his birthday?
(a) An inner tube trip
(b) An amusement park
(c) An ice cream parlor
(d) A major league baseball game
7. What does Anne see at the parties her parents host?
(a) People spilling drinks and not wiping up the spills
(b) People stealing bath soaps
(c) People putting food in their pockets and purses
(d) Inappropriate behavior between people who are not married to each other
8. Anne believes this when someone else is enduring a bad situation but believes it is punishment for ___________________ when it happens to her.
(a) her bad character
(b) her drug habit
(c) her alcohol abuse
(d) her abortion
9. What does Anne recall that Pammy had wanted desperately?
(a) To avoid chemotherapy
(b) To teach again
(c) To be a mother
(d) To be well
10. Why does Anne say she always prayed at night?
(a) She wasn't doing well in school.
(b) She knew someone was listening.
(c) She was afraid of the dark.
(d) She didn't want her parents to divorce.
11. Where does Anne go when Rick takes Sam to school?
(a) To church
(b) San Quentin Beach
(c) Golden Gate Park
12. What happens to Anne's newly purchased used car?
(a) It rolls into a car in a parking lot.
(b) It dies at a stop sign.
(c) Its brakes fail and she hits a tree.
(d) It skids on wet pavement.
13. What does Anne do when she has to make an important decision?
(a) She goes to a psychic.
(b) She calls her mother.
(c) She gets very quiet to see what decision brings her peace.
(d) She calls her girlfriends for advice.
14. What does this woman do when the church elders take Holy Communion to her?
(a) She cries.
(b) She drops the wafer on the floor.
(c) She refuses it.
(d) She accepts it gladly.
15. What is the reason Anne makes Sam go to church?
(a) To expose Sam to different types of people
(b) The love and care shown by her church family
(c) So his soul will not burn in hell
(d) To give Sam some sort of religious foundation
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne is the child of ______________.
2. Why does Anne think she is still so sad?
3. What is Anne's drug of choice when she is 28?
4. What do Anne's friends call her religious position?
5. What sight irritates Anne so that she has to focus on something else?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)