|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mary's dimes symbolize for Anne?
(a) Parking meter money
(b) More Starbucks this week
(c) Money for Sam's bank
(d) The love and care from her church family
2. Where does Anne go when Rick takes Sam to school?
(a) To church
(b) San Quentin Beach
(d) Golden Gate Park
3. Why does Anne say she always prayed at night?
(a) She didn't want her parents to divorce.
(b) She was afraid of the dark.
(c) She knew someone was listening.
(d) She wasn't doing well in school.
4. What part of her life does the author talk about at length?
(a) Her childhood
(b) Her college days
(c) Her high school years
(d) Her romantic life
5. Why is Anne so faithful to her church and church family?
(a) They have a great food bank.
(b) They have a good homeless shelter.
(c) They do good deeds in the community.
(d) They gave her support when she was in trouble.
6. How does Anne envision her time on stage with Paley?
(a) As a town hall meeting
(b) As an uncomfortable encounter
(c) As a scripted presentation
(d) As an informal performance
7. What does this woman do when the church elders take Holy Communion to her?
(a) She accepts it gladly.
(b) She cries.
(c) She refuses it.
(d) She drops the wafer on the floor.
8. Why does Anne think that bad things happen?
(a) Because people are essentially bad and they deserve bad things.
(b) God wants to see what is in your heart.
(c) Because God tests everyone at some point.
(d) They distract you from something wonderful waiting to be born.
9. What was Anne hoping for on this night?
(a) A job offer
(b) Dinner invitations
(c) Autograph signing session
10. What does Sam act like each day Anne returns to pick Sam up?
(a) Like he has had a fight
(b) Like he needs a nap
(c) Like Lazarus rising from the dead
(d) Like he is starving
11. Where does Anne take Sam for a vacation?
(d) Puerto Rico
12. What is the reason Anne makes Sam go to church?
(a) The love and care shown by her church family
(b) To give Sam some sort of religious foundation
(c) To expose Sam to different types of people
(d) So his soul will not burn in hell
13. What is common among the children of the sixties?
(a) Long hair
(b) Music of British rock bands
(c) Access to drugs and alcohol
14. Why is Anne still grief-stricken?
(a) She cannot get over the loss of her father.
(b) She mourns her friend Pammy's death.
(c) She had to put her dog to sleep.
(d) She misses her mother terribly.
15. What is Anne's word for fraud?
Short Answer Questions
1. Anne thinks that the people in church look upon her as ___________________.
2. How does Anne describe her God during this period?
3. Anne gets good grades in high school in spite of _________________________.
4. What is the subject of the book being read by the man next to Anne on the plane home?
5. In what city is Anne waiting to board a plane?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)