|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anne envision her time on stage with Paley?
(a) As an informal performance
(b) As a scripted presentation
(c) As a town hall meeting
(d) As an uncomfortable encounter
2. Anne says she is not one of those Christians ___________________.
(a) who teaches Sunday School
(b) who goes to church every day
(c) who forgives
(d) who organizes bake sales
3. Whose strong presence does Anne feel one night when she is scared?
(b) Her father
(d) Her grandmother
4. In what city is Anne waiting to board a plane?
(a) New Orleans
(c) Kansas City
(d) St. Louis
5. Who raised Anne's father?
(a) Missionaries in Tokyo
(b) His foster parents
(c) His adopted parents
(d) His grandparents
6. What is notable about Grace Paley, the woman with whom Anne is to give two speeches?
(a) She has started her own church
(b) She is a writer and political activist
(c) She flies a plane at the age of 75
(d) She is a female bishop
7. What is the reason Anne makes Sam go to church?
(a) The love and care shown by her church family
(b) To give Sam some sort of religious foundation
(c) So his soul will not burn in hell
(d) To expose Sam to different types of people
8. What activity does Anne recall doing with Bee?
(a) Playing with their Easy-Bake ovens
(b) Joining the Girl Scouts
(c) Sticking their fingers in their belly buttons
(d) Going swimming every day
9. Why does Anne think she is still so sad?
(a) She had to have her dog put to sleep.
(b) She is still carrying a huge piece of Pammy with her.
(c) She still misses her father.
(d) She regrets having an abortion.
10. What news arrives as Anne prays for Pammy's cure?
(a) Pammy could adopt a baby girl
(b) Pammy had died
(c) Pammy is going to hospice
(d) Pammy is cured
11. Anne is the child of ______________.
12. What do Anne and Sam do when the car is in distress?
13. Paley believes that women can be part of the equal rights movement without giving up _____________________.
(b) traditional feminine things
14. What does Anne learn from this experience?
(a) She has the grace to overcome and endure.
(b) She has great stage blocking skills.
(c) She has no feel for the dramatic.
(d) She is not a very good planner.
15. Why is Sam acting so morose?
(a) He grieves for Pammy.
(b) He misses his father.
(c) He is getting a cold.
(d) He is homesick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne consider it to be when the answer to #27 supports the answer to #26 when he cannot stand at the airport?
2. What does Anne say about her parents and their friends?
3. On what do Anne's parents blame for the behavior in #10?
4. What does Sam act like each day Anne returns to pick Sam up?
5. What phrase is used by people in Anne's church to anyone embarking on a trip?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)