|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six, Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is notable about Grace Paley, the woman with whom Anne is to give two speeches?
(a) She is a writer and political activist
(b) She has started her own church
(c) She is a female bishop
(d) She flies a plane at the age of 75
2. Who is Sam's friend?
3. What mantra does Akela's psychiatrist tell her to chant when she is afraid?
(a) I am in God's hands.
(b) He's got the whole world in His hands.
(c) God is bigger than the boogeyman.
(d) This will pass.
4. How are the middle-aged women in the movie depicted?
(a) Victims of bad plastic surgery
(b) Tired and wrinkled from care
(c) Youthful and vivacious
(d) In denial about their aging
5. What is Anne's first reaction when the young girls see her in her swimsuit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne realize is her problem with the woman at Sam's school?
2. What woman do Anne and Sam visit because she is dying?
3. What phrase is used by people in Anne's church to anyone embarking on a trip?
4. What does Anne recall about her final days with Pammy?
5. How old is Sam when Anne first takes him to church?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)