|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six, Family.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of a movie Anne sees with friends?
2. According to Anne's parents, only the ______________ believe.
3. How long does Anne's resolve to quit drinking on the day she awakens and makes the decision?
(a) One year
(b) One month
(c) Until five in the afternoon
(d) One week
4. Why does Anne say she always prayed at night?
(a) She was afraid of the dark.
(b) She wasn't doing well in school.
(c) She knew someone was listening.
(d) She didn't want her parents to divorce.
5. Anne is drawn to Shelly's mother, Lee, because she ______________________________.
(a) lets them listen to their music really loud
(b) bakes chocolate chip cookies
(c) offers love, support and prayer
(d) takes them to the mall
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase is used by people in Anne's church to anyone embarking on a trip?
2. What happens on the second night of the lecture series?
3. Why does a typically cheerful woman in the church become morose?
4. What is notable about Grace Paley, the woman with whom Anne is to give two speeches?
5. Why does Anne take Sam to a substitute doctor?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)