Overture: Lily Pads
1. What part of her life does the author talk about at length?
(a) Her high school years
(b) Her childhood
(c) Her romantic life
(d) Her college days
2. Anne is the child of ______________.
3. What does Anne like to do?
(a) Watch TV
(b) Attend church
(d) Play softball
4. Who raised Anne's father?
(a) His grandparents
(b) His foster parents
(c) Missionaries in Tokyo
(d) His adopted parents
5. What does Anne say about her parents and their friends?
(a) They are idiots
(b) They are kind
(c) They are intellectuals
(d) They are simple
6. According to Anne's parents, only the ______________ believe.
7. Why does Anne say she always prayed at night?
(a) She wasn't doing well in school.
(b) She was afraid of the dark.
(c) She knew someone was listening.
(d) She didn't want her parents to divorce.
8. Who is Anne's best friend while growing up?
This section contains 4,367 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)