Overture: Lily Pads
• Anne is a child of atheists but likes to attend church with other people.
• Anne's family breaks apart and there is much opportunity to abuse alcohol.
• Anne develops a friendship with Pammy, her most important friend.
• Soon after her college graduation, Anne's father gets cancer and lives only two more years.
• At 28, Anne is bulimic and dating two married men who provide her with cocaine.
• Anne believes in a patchwork God; some Eastern, some Western and everything except Jesus added in.
• At 30, Anne becomes pregnant and has an abortion.
• Anne hemorrhages from the abortion and feels the presence of Jesus in her room.
• Anne becomes pregnant again by a man she barely knows but decides to keep the baby and names him Sam.
• Pammy wants desperately to be a mother but gets cancer.
• Pammy and her husband adopt a baby.
• Pammy dies at the age...
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)