|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Juilliard say he has to use in order to bribe the children to attend school?
2. What happened to make Gardo frightened of rats?
(a) His aunt's hand was bitten and the hand got infected.
(b) His hand was bitten by a rat and the wound got infected.
(c) His little sister's hand was bitten and the hand got infected.
(d) His father's hand was bitten and the hand got infected.
3. How many days of school do children at the Mission School have to attend in order to earn their two kilos of rice?
4. At what age does Raphael say he started to sort trash at the dumpsite?
5. Raphael relates that his life consists of living "day to day" (6) and of hoping for what?
(a) That he does not die.
(b) That he can find a treasure.
(c) That he does not get sick.
(d) That he does not get attacked by the older men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raphael say that he must do since nobody is going to "open the door" (11) for him?
2. What feature of the boys' does Father Juilliard say fills the room when they come to the Mission School to use the computer?
3. What does Father Juilliard say he has given Rat, though he has never seen Rat wear it?
4. How many people were killed when Smoky Mountain collapsed?
5. What number is on the yellow tag attached to the key Raphael finds inside the wallet?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)