|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many basketball courts does Raphael estimate the dumpsite to be in area?
2. How much older than Raphael is Gardo?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 7 hours.
(c) 24 hours.
(d) 1 week.
3. When the police ask Raphael about the bag he has found and he denies finding a bag, what does he say he has found instead?
(a) An umbrella.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A basketball.
(d) A shoe.
4. What does Raphael say has happened more often to Gardo than to him?
(a) Loss of family members.
(b) Lucky finds.
(d) Contractions of disease.
5. How many people were killed when Smoky Mountain collapsed?
(a) Nearly 200.
(b) Nearly 300.
(c) Nearly 100.
(d) Nearly 50.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Raphael say that he must do since nobody is going to "open the door" (11) for him?
2. What does Raphael's aunt tell him to do with the wallet he has found?
3. What place do the foreigners visit when they come to the dumpsite in which the rubbish boys work?
4. Raphael describes the mountains of trash as stretching from the docks to what feature?
5. What number is on the yellow tag attached to the key Raphael finds inside the wallet?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)