|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raphael say has happened more often to Gardo than to him?
(b) Loss of family members.
(c) Lucky finds.
(d) Contractions of disease.
2. What do the dumpsite boys have to do to the paper before they can sell it?
(a) Clean it and compress it.
(b) Clean it and dry it.
(c) Shred it and reconstitute it.
(d) Bleach it and fold it.
3. What does Raphael's aunt tell him to do with the wallet he has found?
(a) Give it to the police the following morning.
(b) Throw it into the sea.
(c) Throw it back into the trash piles.
(d) Burn it.
4. Who tries to keep the dumpsite boys away from the crane-belts while they are running?
(a) The guards.
(b) The older men.
(c) The school teachers.
(d) The government officials.
5. How much money do the police officers offer to give every family in Behala if someone finds and turns in the missing bag?
(a) 500 pesos.
(b) 1,000 pesos.
(c) 100 pesos.
(d) 2,500 pesos.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older than Raphael is Gardo?
2. What happened to make Gardo frightened of rats?
3. What term does Raphael apply to Gordo while introducing him to the reader?
4. How many people were killed when Smoky Mountain collapsed?
5. What does Raphael say is the meaning of the word "stuppa" (3)?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)