|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were killed when Smoky Mountain collapsed?
(a) Nearly 50.
(b) Nearly 200.
(c) Nearly 100.
(d) Nearly 300.
2. How much money do the police officers offer to give every family in Behala if someone finds and turns in the missing bag?
(a) 500 pesos.
(b) 100 pesos.
(c) 1,000 pesos.
(d) 2,500 pesos.
3. What does Raphael say is the meaning of the word "stuppa" (3)?
(b) Human muck.
(c) Radioactive Waste.
(d) Animal muck.
4. What term does Raphael apply to Gordo while introducing him to the reader?
(a) His partner.
(b) His friend.
(c) His pal.
(d) His amigo.
5. How much money does Raphael say he can get from one half-good tire that he finds at the dumpsite?
(a) A quarter of a dollar.
(b) Half of a dollar.
(c) One dollar.
(d) One tenth of a dollar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the rubbish boys have to do to the paper before they can sell it?
2. How does Rat know that the key Raphael has found belongs to a locker at the train station?
3. When the boys retrieve the envelope from the locker at the train station, what is on the slip of paper attached to the letter inside the envelope?
4. How old are Raphael and Gardo within the narrative?
5. How much older than Raphael is Gardo?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)