|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word did Yolland make fun of Maire for mispronouncing in Act 3?
2. What name does Yolland mistakenly call Owen for much of the play?
3. Who came out of his house in his underwear shouting at the soldiers, "You hoors you!" in Act 3?
(a) Barney Petey.
(c) Sean Casey.
(d) Jimmy Jack.
4. What does Hugh send Manus out to get for him at his arrival in Act 1?
5. What does Yolland's father do for a living?
(a) Works for the military.
(b) Is an architect.
(c) Builds houses.
(d) Builds roads.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Irish word "Druim" means what in English?
2. Yolland claims in Act 2, Scene 1 that his father was born the very day that what fell?
3. What did Doalty do for Yolland in the morning of Act 2, Scene 1?
4. In what year does Translations take place?
5. What is the big machine the British soldiers take everywhere with them?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)