|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has it been since they've had a hot summer, according to Owen in Act 2, Scene 1?
(d) A hundred.
2. Who translates for Captain Lancey when he comes to the school?
3. Who does Bridgett say for Owen to ask about Yolland in Act 3?
(c) The Donnelly twins.
4. What does Lancey say the army will do is Yolland is not found within 48 hours?
(a) Level every house.
(b) Burn the crops.
(c) Level the church.
(d) Shoot the livestock.
5. What is the Irish word for "river" as stated in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maire call Yolland in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. In Act 3, from where are the men to whom Manus tells Owen that he'll write as soon as he can in Act 3?
3. What language does Hugh speak in as he descends the stairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Manus paid for his books with the money he got from selling what?
5. Who does Owen say he's going out to see in Act 3?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)