|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act Two, Scene One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manus tell Owen he should hide before their father comes downstairs in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The book.
(b) The bottle.
(c) The map.
(d) The wine.
2. What is the term which refers to the action of changing the names from Irish to English?
3. Poteen is a type of what?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what does Yolland say he hears coming from Maire's house every night?
5. What is the Irish word for "river" as stated in Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Hugh spoken to in the morning in Act 1?
2. Where is the new national school being built in the play?
3. Owen says to Yolland in Act 2, Scene 1 that Manus doesn't have enough money to do what?
4. Yolland asks Owen how long Manus has been what in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. In what year does Yolland say his father was born in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)