|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes out of the sky like rain, according to "The Frog Prince" poem?
2. What happens to the princes who are unsuccessful in finding out what happens to the daughters each night?
3. With what did the huntsman fill the body of the wolf when he decided that the wolf was too mean to simply be shot?
4. The leaves on the trees in the new world are made of ___________ and the solder takes one as proof.
5. What does the mother call the son when she is hungry and starving to eat something?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the princesses sleep when they are locked in their room each night?
2. Why don't the animals in the story of the musician take revenge on the musician?
3. What happens when the mother and remaining sisters decide to slaughter the goat?
4. What does the reader find out about the accident the princess has with the gold ball?
5. Why does the maiden have to stay at home during the war in which her husband fights?
6. What is so remarkable about the house Hansel and Gretel find in the woods?
7. What are the two pieces of advice or help which the old woman gives to the soldier who goes to find out the secret of the princesses?
8. What happens after the woodsman takes care of the wolf who tried to eat Red Riding Hood and her grandmother?
9. What is the mystery of the twelve princesses who are locked in their room each night?
10. What are the differences between the daughters in the first poem of this section of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The father cuts off the hands of his daughter in order to stop a wizard from trying to take her because of her hands.
Part 1: Do you think the father made a good decision when it came to the hands of the daughter?
Part 2: Do you think the father is an evil person? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the father could have protected the daughter from the wizard?
Essay Topic 2
In order to save her life, the girl will sacrifice all of her worldly possessions and her future child in order to avoid death for not being able to spin straw into gold.
Part 1: Why do you think the girl didn't want to die as a criminal?
Part 2: Do you think the others believed that the girl was capable of performing the feat of spinning gold on her own?
Part 3: How would you have dealt with this situation if you were in the shoes of the girl?
Essay Topic 3
The musician plays music in order to bring people closer to him, but then he hurts the animals when they come to be with him.
Part 1: Why do you think the musician wants to have friends when in the woods?
Part 2: Do you think the musician is an evil person? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the musician should be treated after all of the pain he seems to have caused the animals?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)